Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Jan 8, 2012 at 1:04 AM Post #6,691 of 14,271
http://www.watchseller.com this guy is first class and his prices are fair. bernardwatch is pretty darn good for older watches too.

Very much agree with Bernard watch. I purchased a Cartier Galbee from them last year, they are very conservative on their descriptions.
The watch was almost brand new and I am blowed if I can find the scratch on the bracelet that they included in the description to this day! Keeps great time as well, -1 second a day. It was my first expensive watch purchase online and I would buy from them and recommend them in a heartbeat ! Will check out the other link you have posted, thanks for that!

Jan 8, 2012 at 4:52 AM Post #6,692 of 14,271

Thank you!!! 
So many great sites.

Thats strange, I think I've heard my LCD2 silently screaming: "Oh noooo....." 
biggrin.gif

Jan 8, 2012 at 6:38 AM Post #6,693 of 14,271
If you're open to all brands of watches I suggest you hang on watchuseek.com, such a nice atmosphere there and you learn about all the fabulous underdog brands (that aren't unknown in the watch-world, but are unknown to people that have no further knowledge than the watches James Bond wears). Think I'm gonna visit that forum more, been out of it for far over a year due to busy with work/not wanting to spend money. That's a side-effect of that forum, you're gonna want to buy :D The 'Affordables' forum is a blast.

Jan 8, 2012 at 10:34 PM Post #6,694 of 14,271
This is an absolutely beautiful watch! I really want one, Archimede Pilot 

Jan 9, 2012 at 12:37 AM Post #6,695 of 14,271
In my humble opinion (and no offense to the gentleman who posted supporting eBay), avoid eBay like the plague.  Fakearoos abound there.  What you should do is watch the FS forums of the large watch discussion websites (Watchuseek, Timezone, PMWF, etc) and feel out the sellers.  In other words, look for feedback about them and previous sales/buys.  A little money extra spent to ensure you're getting a well-treated real thing is money well spent. 

Jan 9, 2012 at 12:37 AM Post #6,696 of 14,271

Quote:
If you're open to all brands of watches I suggest you hang on watchuseek.com, such a nice atmosphere there and you learn about all the fabulous underdog brands (that aren't unknown in the watch-world, but are unknown to people that have no further knowledge than the watches James Bond wears). Think I'm gonna visit that forum more, been out of it for far over a year due to busy with work/not wanting to spend money. That's a side-effect of that forum, you're gonna want to buy :D The 'Affordables' forum is a blast.

What he said. 

Jan 9, 2012 at 2:01 AM Post #6,697 of 14,271
Thank you for your thoughts.

Ebay was the first place I was looking for watches and there are quite a few sellers with >99.8% rating with a couple of thousands of feedback from buyers. They ought to be trusted, no ?

Anyway, do you guys bring your bought stuff to your local watchmaker to make sure item is genuine ? 

Quote:
In my humble opinion (and no offense to the gentleman who posted supporting eBay), avoid eBay like the plague.  Fakearoos abound there.  What you should do is watch the FS forums of the large watch discussion websites (Watchuseek, Timezone, PMWF, etc) and feel out the sellers.  In other words, look for feedback about them and previous sales/buys.  A little money extra spent to ensure you're getting a well-treated real thing is money well spent. 

Jan 9, 2012 at 2:25 AM Post #6,698 of 14,271
i have bought from sellers with 99.8%, thousands of feedbacks and been screwed! ebay is the known platform for every kind of shizer and crook. not at all to say there are not completely legit folks on there. just good luck. i agree the forums or a known reputable website. for many years i have not made a purchase of over $100usd on ebay for this very reason. too risky. you see this hong-kong with 100%,2,000 feedbacks selling an obviously fake item. i can't explain that. i can say that may be the very reason those types congregate there. it can be gotten away with. i mean like on this very forum if i trade with someone i have talked to for 8 years i can almost be assured the deal is on the up and up. likewise, go join the big watch forums. if you don't want to do that the two sites i mentioned are stand up but they may not always have what you want. i have done a lot of business with those guys and bought from people on watchuseek etc with no problem whatsoever. there is also a guy in japan that has all the japanese seiko's on pmwf who is completely legit. when you see those coming out of hong-kong good luck. no offense to hong-kong but it is a well known venue for getting scammed on sites like ebay.

Jan 12, 2012 at 7:44 PM Post #6,701 of 14,271
Looks awesome. I got the cheap resin version, plus I got it from a Malaysian street market, so it's an obvious fake and isn't even able to keep some sort of decent time. I'm shamed into oblivion for that purchase. Still want an awesome digi-watch actually, but due to my need for self-sustainability I want it to feature solar-charging. I love some of the G-shocks and Pro-Treks.

Jan 12, 2012 at 8:14 PM Post #6,702 of 14,271
Just bought this awesome Casio.

I have been searching for one of those for ages. One of the character in a British TV show called last of the summer wine wears one and it has made me want one, though with a darker face if possible. WHere did you get it from?

Jan 12, 2012 at 8:30 PM Post #6,703 of 14,271
AhHa! Just answered my own question and found a black faced version on ebay in Canada for only $21! Just purchased it so it should be here next week! Always wanted one. Funny thing is i get just as much excitement in purchasing and wearing cheaper watches as I do wearing my Cartiers or Rolex!
Here is an image from the seller!

Jan 12, 2012 at 11:30 PM Post #6,704 of 14,271

Quote:
Looks awesome. I got the cheap resin version, plus I got it from a Malaysian street market, so it's an obvious fake and isn't even able to keep some sort of decent time. I'm shamed into oblivion for that purchase. Still want an awesome digi-watch actually, but due to my need for self-sustainability I want it to feature solar-charging. I love some of the G-shocks and Pro-Treks.

PRG-240(T) is what I got and love it for the huge digits, solar powered, titanium and ABC functions.

Jan 13, 2012 at 7:30 AM Post #6,705 of 14,271

Quote:
AhHa! Just answered my own question and found a black faced version on ebay in Canada for only $21! Just purchased it so it should be here next week! Always wanted one. Funny thing is i get just as much excitement in purchasing and wearing cheaper watches as I do wearing my Cartiers or Rolex!
Here is an image from the seller!

What's the name? Or dealer? I might buy the gold version..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back