Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Jul 22, 2011 at 10:03 PM Post #6,211 of 14,276
my Cartier arrived today. Heads up to Bernard watch company. Excellent service excellent watches.

Here are a few pictures!

Jul 22, 2011 at 10:22 PM Post #6,212 of 14,276
Didn't even notice the date in the lower right corner til just now seeing that 3rd picture where that corner is turned up. I was like.. What is .. oh that's a date...

Jul 22, 2011 at 10:25 PM Post #6,213 of 14,276
I know. I love the position of it as it is so easy to read on the wrist but it sort of hides as well. The bracelet on this one is the most comfortable I have worn and that is after a breitling pilot bracelet which is wonderful.

The thing I can't get over is the fit and finish Cartier have done on this watch. Their master jewellery background really shows!

Jul 22, 2011 at 10:56 PM Post #6,214 of 14,276

My G-shock and Fossil Ceramic watch.  Not nearly as expensive as some of your guys' watches but they get the job done. I was skeptical about the ceramic at first but I have been very impressed.  It has nice weight to it and it's scratch resistant. And it's beautiful! I don't think the picture really does it justice. The G-shock's just for those circumstances that you wouldnt wanna take a nice watch like the beach. 

Jul 22, 2011 at 10:57 PM Post #6,215 of 14,276
Looks nice. I was tempted by a ceramic watch when shopping for mine, but went a different way.

Jul 22, 2011 at 10:59 PM Post #6,216 of 14,276
As you can see from my earlier post as well.. I am a bit more on the vintage end of watches.

This is my 1968 (ish) Wittnauer (Longines) Super Compressor. The bezel is internal and moved with the second crown.  Wittnauer was a luxury brand at the time but like other strong American watch companies (read Bulova) they have unfortunately become standard fare these days.

Jul 22, 2011 at 11:12 PM Post #6,217 of 14,276
Both the G shock and Wittenauer are wonderful watches. I am intrigued by the ceramic fossil as well, lovely watches folks!

Jul 29, 2011 at 2:58 AM Post #6,218 of 14,276

My Casio ProTrek PRW-2000 (with fingerprint) for the outdoors. Radiocontrolled, solarpowered and with triple sensor. I really like this watch.

Aug 2, 2011 at 2:40 PM Post #6,223 of 14,276
Anyone interested in a really high quality mechanical watch around the $400-$800 mark would be very wise indeed to check out the Japanese domestic market Seiko's. If I were wanting a watch in that price range I would have one of those Seiko's over anything the Swiss are doing in that price range, mush higher quality I feel and wonderful movements. The one shown a couple of posts ago is more like a semi Grand Seiko IMHO. Excellent watches and and several leagues above similar priced North American and European Seiko's I feel. In fact I think the European and North American importers are taking a liberty with what they charge for inferior models!

Aug 3, 2011 at 12:29 AM Post #6,224 of 14,276

Just picked up this Vacheron Constantin used for $35.00 USD. What do ya think? lol

Never thought of checking out Hong Kong for a score like the SARB033 Seiko above? I have been to many asian shops in the US and they have everything but nothing like that. I wonder if nice Seiko watches ever come up for sale on Ebay in that league? I will have a look when I'm in Hong Kong. I was in Singapore this year but never thought about looking for good Seiko watches. Funny how Seiko will make amazing limited production world class watches but you never really read or hear about them. There must be collectors of such things! That SARB033 would be something I would love to own!

Aug 3, 2011 at 12:37 AM Post #6,225 of 14,276
must admit I have never really got the fake watch thing really and this one is not particularly good either but hey, if you enjoy it that is what matters I guess. I think I would have rather spent the $35 on an honest Timex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back