Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Feb 9, 2011 at 2:48 PM Post #5,676 of 14,276
When my Stowa turns up I'll be sure to take some shots with my 100mm macro lens and perhaps some extension tubes. :wink:

Feb 10, 2011 at 1:08 AM Post #5,677 of 14,276
bhd812... nice shots!

Feb 10, 2011 at 6:05 PM Post #5,681 of 14,276
My dad got water in his (fake) Patek Phillipe watch. I opened the back and started drying it out with a blow dryer (cool air). It looks dry but the watch no longer works. How could I go by fixing this? Getting it repaired would probably cost the same amount the watch did. 

Feb 10, 2011 at 6:13 PM Post #5,682 of 14,276

Quote:
My dad got water in his (fake) Patek Phillipe watch. I opened the back and started drying it out with a blow dryer (cool air). It looks dry but the watch no longer works. How could I go by fixing this? Getting it repaired would probably cost the same amount the watch did. 

Get a genuine one. Please support the genuine product..

Feb 10, 2011 at 6:32 PM Post #5,684 of 14,276
Does anyone have an opinion on this Oris Pro Diver Chronograph Watch. It's water resistant to 6,600 feet with a Helium gas valve. The only thing that I might not like (never got to see one in person), is that it's a 51mm watch. I thought my Panerai 44 mm Pam0112 was big! Everything  (case, band, etc,) is titanium. Sapphire crystal.

Also, the unidirectional bezel lifts up, then you turn it, then you push it back down to lock it in place. I especially like the "wave" face. It has a 42 hour reserve.                                                            The date is worthless for me, I'd need my reading glasses.

Anyone? Bueller, Bueller?

Feb 10, 2011 at 6:47 PM Post #5,685 of 14,276
The thing I noticed with these higher depth Oris watches is how tall/thick they are. Not everyone likes styling like this, I for one dont prefer watches that wear like a hockey puck.

But Oris is a solid brand, a tad over priced at retail, but you can find some good prices on them online if you are not purely looking at retail outlets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back