Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Aug 28, 2009 at 10:00 PM Post #3,602 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's a rugged looking piece of antiquity there. Very nice.

First, a guy in Starbucks called me "Sir" and now a '76 watch is vintage.

I think I am actually starting to get old.
redface.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by upstateguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does this bezel do anything for you, or do you like the all silver one ?

Mucho better-o, E.

Aug 29, 2009 at 6:43 AM Post #3,603 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

redface.gif

Mucho better-o, E.

I have no idea what you're talking about.
wink.gif

Aug 29, 2009 at 10:35 AM Post #3,604 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRobbStory /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've fallen deeply in love with the Speedmaster in the last six months. I think my next freelance check might be going to one.

Does anyone know of a comprehensive Speedmaster site illustrating variants?

There really isn't any variations in the watch, at least for the professional version, especially since they switched to the 861 movement around 1969. In a way, that's one of the watch's great appeal. A guy named Chuck Maddox ran a blog that was pretty informative. Give that a gander. Outside of the addition of the deylin (sp?) brake in the 1970's and the move to the rhodium plated 1861 with an added jewel and the replacement of the tritium with Superluminova (both took place around 1997), the moevement hasn't changed since the 861. Before, with the 321, there were more drastic changes to the dial, hands and such. But I think outside of that the bracelet has changed most. The other versions of the Speedmaster have changed a lot more over the years.

An index of articles written by Chuck Maddox

Aug 29, 2009 at 10:38 AM Post #3,605 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

redface.gif

When it is followed up with the phrase, "you're making a scene" it doesn't really count.

Aug 29, 2009 at 8:53 PM Post #3,610 of 14,276
Got my Seiko today! It's beautiful! I will snap a pic when I get it fitted. Here is a teaser
biggrin.gif

image3ltf.jpg

Aug 30, 2009 at 4:50 AM Post #3,612 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanTheMiataMan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
img_0875.jpg

My Seiko 5 daily watch on Lake Tahoe =D

Very cool! I didn't know Seiko came out with a 5 that displayed the full day, but then again, there are hundreds of different models.
biggrin.gif
I used to wear a 5, and it never let me down.

Sep 1, 2009 at 2:13 AM Post #3,613 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by leftnose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^^ That version with the Speedmaster bracelet is my all time favorite Seamaster. I smack myself in the head for not buying one when they were still available.

I got in right as they were getting hard to find. I think I probably got the last one in Atlanta. So glad I did.

Sep 1, 2009 at 2:14 AM Post #3,614 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After clearing out my headphone inventory (except for the 770-80, of course) and taking care of some wedding related things (I'm engaged now!) I've got one of these:

99128729.jpg

DSC_3006.jpg

Those are borrowed pictures, here's mine on the NATO strap I've gotten for it.

2234.jpg

I actually managed to get this for quite near $1k by buying it used without the bracelet! Full boxes, cards, and it's only 6 months old so it's got a remaining 1.5 year warranty. Had it checked out at the Omega store and it passed all pressure tests with flying colors.

hahaha, i recognize that bottom photo from WUS!

Sep 1, 2009 at 4:44 AM Post #3,615 of 14,276
Damn, 1 grand is a steal. I've always wanted to have a nice watch to go with a third party leather strap.
Was originally thinking to get very nice vintage TAG chrono but since they are so expensive for a great condition ones, I sort of forgot about the whole idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back