Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Apr 12, 2009 at 1:19 PM Post #2,896 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberspyder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't like the fact that there is quite a large gap between the end lug and the case, aside from that, MONEY!

You're not alone in feeling that way. A lot of people don't care for the gap.

Honestly, the Marathon bracelet with the solid end links is very nice looking but I don't mind the gap with thw Watchadoo. It is far less noticeable (under normal lighting conditions) than in the wrist shot posted above.

Besides that, the lumpy Watchadoo gives the TSAR the 'tool' look I want on this piece. I didn't want to dress it up with the oyster (aside from the ridiculous price). The Watchadoo is a solid, well made bracelet at 1/3 the cost.

Apr 12, 2009 at 1:22 PM Post #2,897 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wankerfx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Damn, I really want that watch! I'm going to graduate from my General Issue to a TSAR after I'm done University. Personally, I'd take a Marathon watch over an Omega and a Rolex. It's high quality at a low cost, and I like how it's relatively unknown.

It's also a plus when they're one of the few companies that still uses Tritium dials!

Actually, there's quite a few: Traser, Luminox, Ball, and the Uzi and Smith & Wesson brands, off the top of my head. All use tritium tubes.

(mmmm.....tuuuuubes......)

Apr 12, 2009 at 1:47 PM Post #2,898 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tech2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Besides that, the lumpy Watchadoo gives the TSAR the 'tool' look I want on this piece. I didn't want to dress it up with the oyster (aside from the ridiculous price). The Watchadoo is a solid, well made bracelet at 1/3 the cost.

I have a 2004 contract SAR and, at that time, the bracelet was included. I had it sized and have never used it. It makes the watch just too heavy. I'm actually thinking of ordering the USDOD clasp for it just to have it as mine has the original maple leaf clasp.

I wear it either on a two ring black Zulu or a Di Modell Imperator with a deployant. Good, sturdy watch.

For those who haven't seen it, here's a nice set of photo comparisons between the Submariner and the SAR: http://countycomm.com/rolsar.htm

Apr 12, 2009 at 9:36 PM Post #2,900 of 14,276
mystique-ad275ag.jpg

ad360arg.jpg

HOSH I AM IN LOVE.
[size=xx-small]Not mine (yet).[/size]

Apr 13, 2009 at 1:32 AM Post #2,903 of 14,276
No pics, but I have this:
Malvern Automatic Black Faced Mens Watch

Dress watch as I cannot get away with anything too "different". But might pick up another one now for casual wearing. Really cool thing is you can see the Automatic movement mechanism on the back of the dial. A small pic in the link shows it

Looking at that really nice Police Twingear I am cursing discovering this part of the forum. Need to read through entire threads about sunglasses, watches and manbags...

Apr 13, 2009 at 6:28 AM Post #2,904 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyotero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I probably shouldn't post this here because I asume it'll be like posting about boss triports in the hp forum but still lost a few minutes of sleep over this one and thought I'd share- Police Twingear
2318_l.jpg

I want
frown.gif

Never owned a watch or ever felt the need for one cause I live in a timeless buble. It'll be more of a fasion wear then anything else. If I ever pull the triger, that is. Starving students shouldn't buy this kind of ****
tongue.gif

I would really wnat one of this with me but Its really expensive for my budget,Maybe in future.I will keep that one in mind,

For now I will have to be happy with my giant black Flud
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 13, 2009 at 1:30 PM Post #2,905 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by onurrus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would really wnat one of this with me but Its really expensive for my budget,Maybe in future.I will keep that one in mind,

For now I will have to be happy with my giant black Flud
smily_headphones1.gif

I know it's all about personal taste...I am trying hard to see what it is about this "Police" watch you guys like so much. I've had cars with smaller dashboards than that thing.
ksc75smile.gif

Apr 13, 2009 at 2:02 PM Post #2,906 of 14,276
I found one high street stockist of the Twingear so I'll have a look-see in person but I'm not sure its that big. My Malvern Automatic is 38mm and you can definitely get bigger diameter dress watches but then its not small,...
But on my wrist any bigger would look out of place. I'm on the first notch on the strap so that might say something
tongue.gif

Its all the running I do to blame
biggrin.gif

Apr 13, 2009 at 2:07 PM Post #2,907 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by woof07 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know it's all about personal taste...I am trying hard to see what it is about this "Police" watch you guys like so much. I've had cars with smaller dashboards than that thing.
ksc75smile.gif

Lol Youa re right about the dashboard but ı think It just looks cool and fashionate
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back