Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Apr 10, 2009 at 7:44 PM Post #2,881 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by ka-boom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Budget? I dont know, less than $300? Im just sort of browsing around.

It depends on what you want. If you're looking for an everyday beater, I'd get a Marathon watch. If you're looking for style, well, your options are endless.

Apr 10, 2009 at 11:12 PM Post #2,883 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by woof07 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oooh. Used TSAR.

He's not going to get it for less than $350... hard to find even at that price.

Apr 10, 2009 at 11:45 PM Post #2,884 of 14,276
Try saving up a little more and get a TSAR - that's my next watch for sure.

These things are REALLY tough. Also, avoid the JSAR at all costs, unless you're only going to use it for diving (That thing is MASSIVE, and would look ridiculous on a bare wrist).

Apr 11, 2009 at 2:06 AM Post #2,885 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by roastpuff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He's not going to get it for less than $350... hard to find even at that price.

Yeah, maybe. But watching the used forums like a hawk will occasionally produce some real winners.

Ka-boom, the TSARs look killer on the various zulu straps you can get. I personally prefer the "Watchadoo" bracelet you can get on eBay for $30-ish.

Apr 11, 2009 at 4:58 AM Post #2,888 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by ka-boom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is some misunderstanding, I dont even know why I said a price.

All I was asking, was if Skagen is globally a respected name or are they up there with Casio and Timex as 'dime a dozen' watches? Thats all.

Skagen isn't a good brand, imo.

Apr 12, 2009 at 3:09 AM Post #2,889 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by woof07 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oooh. Used TSAR.

Somebody say TSAR? Put mine on a Watchadoo bracelet. The Marathon bracelet is nice, but I'm too frugal to pay $140 for one.

picture.php

Apr 12, 2009 at 3:32 AM Post #2,892 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberspyder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't like the fact that there is quite a large gap between the end lug and the case, aside from that, MONEY!

It's natural air conditioning, which helps sometimes.

Apr 12, 2009 at 6:29 AM Post #2,893 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tech2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Somebody say TSAR? Put mine on a Watchadoo bracelet. The Marathon bracelet is nice, but I'm too frugal to pay $140 for one.

picture.php

Damn, I really want that watch! I'm going to graduate from my General Issue to a TSAR after I'm done University. Personally, I'd take a Marathon watch over an Omega and a Rolex. It's high quality at a low cost, and I like how it's relatively unknown.

It's also a plus when they're one of the few companies that still uses Tritium dials!

Apr 12, 2009 at 12:09 PM Post #2,894 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wankerfx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The weird part is that it's made in Canada with Swiss movement, but it's meant only for the US government/military.

Nice watch.

But talk about "identity crisis"
confused_face_2.gif

Apr 12, 2009 at 1:05 PM Post #2,895 of 14,276
I probably shouldn't post this here because I asume it'll be like posting about boss triports in the hp forum but still lost a few minutes of sleep over this one and thought I'd share- Police Twingear
2318_l.jpg

I want
frown.gif

Never owned a watch or ever felt the need for one cause I live in a timeless buble. It'll be more of a fasion wear then anything else. If I ever pull the triger, that is. Starving students shouldn't buy this kind of ****
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back