Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Feb 10, 2009 at 10:57 PM Post #2,641 of 14,288
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
By the way, have you read this? It's hilarious.

--------------------------

"Removing the rhodenium can be a little tricky but you can prepare for the time involved by disassembling your watch prior to calling Stowa. All you need is a screwdriver, at least get the caseback and crown off, you might as well remove the front glass while you are at it".

--------------------------

Those people are just plain mean
confused_face.gif

Everyone was a nooB at one time or another. That never happened to me
redface.gif

Feb 11, 2009 at 1:03 AM Post #2,643 of 14,288
Quote:

Originally Posted by Surferp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i've been wearing this monstrosity lately. gets tons of looks due to it's color and size. loving it though!

3270035643_68ca80e80d.jpg

Whoa, massive!

Are the hands lumed?

Feb 11, 2009 at 3:39 AM Post #2,645 of 14,288
Quote:

i've been wearing this monstrosity lately. gets tons of looks due to it's color and size. loving it though!

3270035643_68ca80e80d.jpg

Nice. 51-30 PU, right? Been wanting one of those with either the black dial/red arabics or the white dial. Sweet.

Feb 12, 2009 at 7:40 PM Post #2,646 of 14,288
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whoa, massive!

Are the hands lumed?

yeah this is the Nixon 51-30PU(polyurethane band). surprisingly, the hands and none of the watch luminate at all. yeah it's REALLY big and heavy but it's awesome as it lets you and everyone around you see the dials no problem. I haven't been asked for the time since i started wearing this watch! Takes some getting used to on your wrist but i love it. I can't imagine what the non-PU one, with the metal band, weighs because this thing weighs a lot with the PU band.

Feb 12, 2009 at 7:48 PM Post #2,647 of 14,288
Quote:

yeah this is the Nixon 51-30PU(polyurethane band). surprisingly, the hands and none of the watch luminate at all. yeah it's REALLY big and heavy but it's awesome as it lets you and everyone around you see the dials no problem. I haven't been asked for the time since i started wearing this watch! Takes some getting used to on your wrist but i love it. I can't imagine what the non-PU one, with the metal band, weighs because this thing weighs a lot with the PU band.

Your pics inspired me...I ordered a 42-20 Tide w/white face and bracelet. Been wanting one forever. Nixon should send you a royalty check.
o2smile.gif

Feb 12, 2009 at 8:16 PM Post #2,648 of 14,288
Quote:

Originally Posted by woof07 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Your pics inspired me...I ordered a 42-20 Tide w/white face and bracelet. Been wanting one forever. Nixon should send you a royalty check.
o2smile.gif

i'll take a screenshot of what you just wrote and send it to them. i'm not holding my breath lol. That's a nice classy watch you got with the white face and metal band! You'll love it, i never expected the watch i got to be so robust and well made. Their product quality really surprised me on this line of watches (42-20, 51-30). The quality/smoothness of the crown and making adjustments all feels so heavy duty. Just make sure you tighten the crowns snug after adjustment and before getting wet because there is an o-ring behind the crown and if it's not fully closed that thing will take on water. At least it feels like an o-ring behind the crown...

Feb 12, 2009 at 9:33 PM Post #2,649 of 14,288
Quote:

... yeah it's REALLY big and heavy but it's awesome as it lets you and everyone around you see the dials no problem. I haven't been asked for the time since i started wearing this watch! Takes some getting used to on your wrist but i love it. I can't imagine what the non-PU one, with the metal band, weighs because this thing weighs a lot with the PU band.

If I wore that watch, it would automatically find every door knob, jam, and table corner to smash into
redface.gif

Feb 15, 2009 at 9:42 AM Post #2,650 of 14,288
Thinking to buy a second hand watch (if partner permits).

How much would you pay for a 2 year old Omega Aquaterra? According to seller, minor marks on bracelet but glass is clean.

This one.

By the way, no box, no papers, just the watch. It is original though (he will go with me to dealer if I buy the watch)

Feb 15, 2009 at 3:01 PM Post #2,653 of 14,288
I'll go with post #2649. That is why I use the clock on my cell phone. The phone is beat also. I am rough on carry around and wear items. That Nixon watch is nice looking. That would last me about one week before it looked like a 15 year old taxi cab.

Feb 15, 2009 at 4:58 PM Post #2,654 of 14,288
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Never bought second-hand before... Let's say the watch is original, but what is the best way to check whether it doesn't have any problem and still working properly?

Buy from a reputable dealer that has sent the watch back to Omega to have it cleaned/lubricated/re-certified. At least that is what the main Rolex dealers do here in the Miami area. Heck they come w/ the same one year warranty and you can not tell them apart even side by side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back