Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Nov 14, 2008 at 7:23 PM Post #2,416 of 14,285
I haven't worn a watch in a while but recently started doing so again and figured I might as well get something newer to wear.

core_black_black_1.jpg

Nov 14, 2008 at 8:13 PM Post #2,417 of 14,285
Quote:

Originally Posted by laxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Picked up a Hamilton Khaki Navy Frogman last night at the Swatch Group sale.

h77445533.jpg

Got one. I love it - great daily watch. Swap out the Zulu though... that suede/canvas combo sucks when it gets wet.

Dec 12, 2008 at 10:04 PM Post #2,419 of 14,285
My "latest" acquisition: An Eterna Eterna-Matic. No idea on age, as I can't find any pictures of ones with a similar font online.

Technically, I've had it for 11 years; I got it after my great-grandfather (himself a maker and repairer of clocks/watches) passed away. At the time, it had a broken gold metal band on it; I recently replaced that with the band currently on it. I'm uncertain if it was in working condition when I got it, but as is it currently is it won't hold time (it'll run for a while, randomly stop, randomly restart, etc.) regardless of how much you wind or wear it, so I'll probably look into getting it cleaned/repaired. It could also use a crystal replacement, so I may look into that as well.

Dec 13, 2008 at 4:22 AM Post #2,420 of 14,285
I got a Rolex GMT-Master II as a gift from my father. I've had it for at least 15 years and wear it every day. These things can (and does) take serious abuse. No other watch would last even a year with me until this one.

Just recently I got a "beater" watch to keep down the wear on the Rolex - the Seiko. Also in the picture, the fake Omega Constellation which looked real when I bought it on eBay included in a lot with 4 other watches for $120. I don't know what to do with it and keep hoping somebody will give me $30 for it.
smily_headphones1.gif

IMG00294.jpg

Dec 13, 2008 at 3:00 PM Post #2,421 of 14,285
I need a good watch that looks overpriced..any idea? Just something for fashionable guys.

Dec 13, 2008 at 7:43 PM Post #2,424 of 14,285
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidw89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I need a good watch that looks overpriced..any idea? Just something for fashionable guys.

Trying to spend a lower amount of dough? I like the Nixon 51-30 non-chrono w/red numerals on it, myself. Or the white dial.

Dec 13, 2008 at 7:53 PM Post #2,425 of 14,285
I prefer functionality with a dash of style..i ve been using Casio Sea -pathfinder watch which has a dual sensor.

it measures Temperature, Altitude, ATM Pressure, has a yacht race timer, dual time (analog/digital) and it also plots a Weather histogram based on the readings.

so far it has always predicted the weather accurately based on changes in pressure.

51BFNp13KIL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

spf-60D.jpg

dad got a Citizen Ecodrive ..thats also nice..runs on Light.

For me ..its always been about functionality..cool features n stuff.

Dec 13, 2008 at 9:10 PM Post #2,426 of 14,285
Quote:

Originally Posted by kansei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got a Rolex GMT-Master II as a gift from my father. I've had it for at least 15 years and wear it every day. These things can (and does) take serious abuse. No other watch would last even a year with me until this one.

Just recently I got a "beater" watch to keep down the wear on the Rolex - the Seiko. Also in the picture, the fake Omega Constellation which looked real when I bought it on eBay included in a lot with 4 other watches for $120. I don't know what to do with it and keep hoping somebody will give me $30 for it.
smily_headphones1.gif

IMG00294.jpg

Is that Seiko and Automatic or is it quartz? I have a Pulsar that is almost exactly the same face and dial and it was my first good watch and still one of my favorites. I've been looking for an automatic/kinetic that looks almost exactly like it.

Dec 14, 2008 at 10:14 AM Post #2,429 of 14,285
Picked up a bit of a grail watch, in that I've been waiting a very long time for Seiko to release a watch like this. Just released in Japan on November 21st, Grand Seiko SBGR037J. Limited edition run of 300 watches to celebrate the 10th anniversary of its 9S55 automatic caliber movement...all 300 were already reserved prior to its release date. Specialties include fully blued hands, GS engraved dial, engraved GS lion logo at the 2 o'clock position to represent the 10th anniversary this watch represents (look carefully for the little guy in the pics), see through sapphire caseback, gold GS lion medallion set into the rotor, as well as a newly revised and improved version of the 9S55 movement (now called 9S55A) to increase its power reserve to 50 hours. I happened to land number 23 of 300 to boot, which is my birthday in November...it must've been fate.
biggrin.gif

DSCF0565.jpg

DSCF0568.jpg

DSCF0572.jpg

DSCF0571.jpg

DSCF0573.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back