Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Dec 8, 2007 at 8:05 AM Post #1,801 of 14,276
Well, since Head-Fi was down... several Head-Fiers, including I, decided to migrate to WatchUSeek forums...

And I ended up with these two:

Luminox 3001, on a OD NATO strap right now.
P1040039.jpg

And a Marathon TSAR, soon going to go onto an Orange 2-piece Zulu strap.
biggrin.gif

P1040054.jpg

Terrible. I get out of headphones just to go into watches...

Dec 9, 2007 at 11:56 AM Post #1,802 of 14,276
This is my lovely Sinn U1 watch. Made from German U-Boot Steel and water proof down to 1000m.
The pictures I have provided here are not mine. I hope the owner won't mind to much.

Dec 11, 2007 at 5:45 PM Post #1,803 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cecala /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is my lovely Sinn U1 watch. Made from German U-Boot Steel and water proof down to 1000m.
The pictures I have provided here are not mine. I hope the owner won't mind to much.

Sweet watch.

I ended up picking the UX and my friend got a U1... kind like a BFF bracelet thing.

Dec 14, 2007 at 9:19 AM Post #1,804 of 14,276
Finally got around to taking some pics of my Grand Seikos. From left to right: SBGR023 mechanical, SBGR019 mechanical, SBGF021 quartz.

Notice how the dials all look just plain black here, this is how they normally appear 95% of the time.

Here's a close up of the SBGR019's dial...it's very complex in reality and is detailed above and beyond what most Swiss companys (i.e. Tag Heuer, Omega, Rolex) do with their dials. The hands and markers are both brushed on top, and highly polished along the extreme thin edges.

Here's a closeup of the SBGF021's dial, with a basketweave pattern.

And a shot of all my major watches.

Dec 14, 2007 at 9:22 PM Post #1,806 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vertigo-1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Finally got around to taking some pics of my Grand Seikos. From left to right: SBGR023 mechanical, SBGR019 mechanical, SBGF021 quartz.

You have a beautiful collection of Seiko! VERY nice watches. Congratulation!

Pierre

Dec 17, 2007 at 8:00 PM Post #1,808 of 14,276
Vertigo, I totally love those Grand Seikos! I had no idea the dial looked like that.

It's a shame most people don't purchase such a great watch because it says "Seiko" on it.

Plainsong, If it helps any I think those watches you listed are pretty sweet. Especially the Sinn..

Dec 18, 2007 at 1:20 PM Post #1,810 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by MuZI /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Vertigo, I totally love those Grand Seikos! I had no idea the dial looked like that.

It's a shame most people don't purchase such a great watch because it says "Seiko" on it.

Plainsong, If it helps any I think those watches you listed are pretty sweet. Especially the Sinn..

Yeah, absotively, the Seiko Grand is a great watch.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm wearing that Sinn right now in fact. I'd complained about lack of midsize Chronos, all the while missing the best one going at its price.

Paired with the Chronissimo strap, I always think of it as the watch Starbuck would wear if she knew about it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 18, 2007 at 5:13 PM Post #1,811 of 14,276
3-23-08 is the due date for my next Watch! Rolex Seadweller!
Thats my locked on date i decided I will obtain a Rolex Seadweller by or on.
after months of consideration I have choose the SeaDweller to be my next piece out of the other many watches. Not sure if i am going to lighten my watch collection and sell some other to fund the purchase yet...

I will be looking pre owned so the fun part is coming up with the $3600-$4100
first. guess i will be selling some audio gear huh?...haha

the main choices were..
Breitling Seawolf with bracelet in yellow (new)
Omega Planet Ocean Chrono in orange with Bracelet. (new)
Panerai 112 (new)

i am looking used cause of the huge price difference between the new and the used but also i am looking to loose little on the resale of the watch if i decide later.

the Navitimer is staying and so is the Tissot t-touch and prc200. the Capeland S and Raymond Weil might be moved out though. the Capelands butterfly clasp is pissing me off, it keeps bending out and not locking correctly. the Seadweller will fill the spot the Capeland is in now.

Dec 22, 2007 at 4:55 PM Post #1,813 of 14,276
G Shock from Costco...

Solar battery recharging, atomic sync, very durable shock resistant, multi time zone, 200M water resistance, switchable motion sensing backlight (if you wear gloves, diving, etc).

$40, had it for two years now...love it.

Actually I found it amusing that multi millionaire John Edwards wears my exact model watch...featured on latest cover of Newsweek
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 23, 2007 at 12:58 PM Post #1,814 of 14,276
Hey everyone I wanted to tell you about this 16 WATCH BAND CASE OPENER PIN REMOVER REPAIR TOOL KIT I got from ebay. something like this should be had by most of us in this thread. it's cheap but for the one time here and one time there jobs we would require this is perfect! there are plenty of these on the bay but I ordered mine from seller O.limit cause the shipping was the fastest out of them all. i received mine yesterday and i already re sized two of my Tissot's to fit a bit more snug...awesome feel they have now cause i hate when the watch slides down on my wrist. i love my watches glove tight to the point the crown leaves a mark on my skin. it feels so good to be able to do sizing yourself, like a diy amp build only shorter.

here is a link to a current auction but this will not last forever. so some people reading this later on may have to search the caps description i gave at the top of this reply in ebay to find this set.

YAY!!!!! my watches fit so nice! I re-sized my prc200 and my first watch the t-race. i really want to wear them more and more now...they feel good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back