Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Sep 25, 2007 at 11:41 PM Post #1,667 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bill Clinton our ex-president, uses a $30.00 Timex...that means that he is....
tongue.gif

clinton0gy.jpg

Sep 26, 2007 at 12:00 AM Post #1,668 of 14,276
This doesn't look anything fancy to me even while I do not beleive is a TImex, to be honest, IMO the leather strap Timex look a lot more refined...anyway here is the story:

"...Disclaimer: This is a non-political, non-partisan Website. I like everyone.

Here is President Bill Clinton wearing a Timex Ironman LCD watch, during his presidency. Why is the leader of the USA not wearing a Patek Philippe or a Rolex? Is it because he is the people's President for the common man? Is it because Timex is the corporate descendant of a company which made the first "consumer" watches affordable and available to the ordinary working man? Is it because Timex had substantial operations in the state of Arkansas? Either way, he likes his Ironman. I like a fine Swiss watch, but I also have a fondness for the "low name" and the "no name" in watches. The Timex history is one of bringing the "unattainable" to everyday people. How more "American" a value is this for a President to encourage? Clinton has gotten a hard time for his plastic watch. I say, let him enjoy his Ironman.

Clinton has donated one of his earlier Ironmans, along with Hillary's inagural ball gown and Chelsea's ballet slippers, to the Smithsonian Institute..."

clintonwrist.gif

Sep 26, 2007 at 12:05 AM Post #1,669 of 14,276
for the same reason he has to wear hanes underware, wear a ralph lauren suite and be driven around in a cadillac, the president of the united states cant go around with a swiss watch, in an italian suite being driven around in a german car when all those products have equivalents made by american companies, even if the watch is made in japan, the car and suite in mexico and his underware in china, aslong as its an amercian brand, its cool,

Sep 26, 2007 at 12:50 AM Post #1,671 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by MadDog5145 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
clinton0gy.jpg

That doesn't look like a Timex to me.

Sep 26, 2007 at 1:18 AM Post #1,674 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by f_klo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bill Clinton is wearing a Panerai in that pic if you didn't know.

Well it looks like it, and for sure he may a few more expensive watches as well, some of those personalities get a lot of gifts from friends...and watches are part of those gifts...

Now honestly it could be a Panerai, but IMO it looks horrible (based on looks only) and I much preffer the look of some of the $30.00 Timex they have in Walmart...I don't know what is wrong with those watch makers, they are able to achieve almost perfect machines, and later on they ruin them with the horrible look, and artifacts...

Is so hard to get a watch like those Omega or a Rolex posted before, or a Grand Seiko, simple, plain, traditional...and period...

Sep 26, 2007 at 1:30 AM Post #1,675 of 14,276
More importantly, what is on his other hand? Looks like a 3rd grade art project.

Sep 26, 2007 at 1:34 AM Post #1,676 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by drizek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
More importantly, what is on his other hand? Looks like a 3rd grade art project.

Maybe something Chelsea made for him.

Sep 26, 2007 at 1:42 AM Post #1,677 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by drizek /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That was Monica, read here

bill-clinton-sacred-thread.jpg

[size=xx-small]Pramukh Swami Maharaj ties the sacred thread (nada chhadi) to former president Bill Clintons right wrist.[/size]

Sep 26, 2007 at 1:46 AM Post #1,678 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by f_klo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bill Clinton is wearing a Panerai in that pic if you didn't know.

Is there an echo in here?
evil_smiley.gif

Sep 26, 2007 at 2:05 AM Post #1,680 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by rsaavedra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[size=small]...an echo in here?[/size]

[size=x-small]...in here?[/size]

[size=xx-small]...in here?[/size]
biggrin.gif

[size=large]LOL![/size]
[size=medium]LOL![/size]
[size=small]LOL![/size]