Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Sep 15, 2007 at 1:25 PM Post #1,651 of 14,284
This is my pride and joy:
IMG_4743.jpg

IMG_4745.jpg

It's a Seamaster Aqua Terra mid size quartz which I got about a year ago - not nearly as exotic as some of the watches in this thread but it's my first proper watch and as a joint graduation and 22nd birthday present you can't complain
biggrin.gif
. The flash makes it look a lot dirtier and more scratched than it is in real life (although it could do with a proper polish). Seems to keep very good time too compared to some of the quartz seamasters around - last set it on new years eve and it has only lost just over 10 seconds since then.

Sep 15, 2007 at 1:58 PM Post #1,652 of 14,284
Quote:

Originally Posted by music_man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i thought omega and zenith were fairly upscale brands?

they both use push pins. at least they are not the split pins on $200 watches. i guess i'll just keep the metal bracelet on the omega. i really like it's bracelet anyways. regardless of what holds it together. it has never come apart so i guess that is all that matters. it just bugs me that a ebel that was less money has screws. just nitpicking i guess.

music_man

lots of ways to judge a watch and to decide if personally a watch is upscale or not. some people won't buy a watch with a generic movement or even generic used for the base cali on a watch. some people won't buy cause a watch has a stamped window instead of beveled edge, etc etc...

the Zenith is a watch for the movement, i was told its 100% in house even down to its base cali. Zenith seems to be going threw a new marketing campaign lately with this "euro deco" style and its really screwing up peoples idea of the Zenith brand. Zenith was bought by LVMH in 99 and that may of hurt their upscale imagine to some also. yet Zenith has made some of the most highly regarded movements out their for brand as Rolex (daytona) and Panerai (pam 74) and has been well regarded in the past as a up scale..

my point is there are many ways to personally think a watch is upscale or worth buying...some peoples points won't agree with others.
then again some people look at this thread as a huge waste of money also..
it is what it is so dont let the push pins VS screws boggle you to much..

Sep 16, 2007 at 4:59 AM Post #1,653 of 14,284
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Only for you, Mr. Slacker, would I breakout my camera at 2 a.m.
cool.gif

http://photo.head-fi.org/data/500/Seiko_Thickness_1.jpg[/IMG]

http://photo.head-fi.org/data/500/Seiko_Thickness_2.jpg[/IMG]

thanks man! Im gonna see what Amazon's return policy is for watches and I'll see how I well I do next week for my b-day
cool.gif
. I bought a watch last year as a b-day present, so we'll see hehe

Sep 16, 2007 at 8:07 PM Post #1,654 of 14,284
well, as stated before, as soon as i gut my digicam back, i would take a "family photo" of my timepieces,

from left to right
Tissot TXL Chrono
Longines UltraChron
Omega Seamaster Multifunction

Sep 24, 2007 at 7:44 AM Post #1,655 of 14,284
My first Automatic Watch purchase was a Zodiac Calame, black dial & leather band. LOL. My second Watch is a Zodiac - Calame Classique Chronograph(Maybe a knock off, but it smells like a real Aligator band). LOL. Before, Swatch bought them.

mywatchezhm4.jpg

Shot at 2007-09-24

blackjacksig4ck.jpg

Sep 24, 2007 at 9:26 AM Post #1,656 of 14,284
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lots of ways to judge a watch and to decide if personally a watch is upscale or not. some people won't buy a watch with a generic movement or even generic used for the base cali on a watch. some people won't buy cause a watch has a stamped window instead of beveled edge, etc etc...

the Zenith is a watch for the movement, i was told its 100% in house even down to its base cali. Zenith seems to be going threw a new marketing campaign lately with this "euro deco" style and its really screwing up peoples idea of the Zenith brand. Zenith was bought by LVMH in 99 and that may of hurt their upscale imagine to some also. yet Zenith has made some of the most highly regarded movements out their for brand as Rolex (daytona) and Panerai (pam 74) and has been well regarded in the past as a up scale..

my point is there are many ways to personally think a watch is upscale or worth buying...some peoples points won't agree with others.
then again some people look at this thread as a huge waste of money also..
it is what it is so dont let the push pins VS screws boggle you to much..

zenith is awesome; my brother in law has a chronomaster with moon phase and its sweet. I actually prefer JLC for their movements. but really want I want is just any watch with tourbillon. ah...the most fascinating complication.

Sep 24, 2007 at 10:37 AM Post #1,657 of 14,284
theres 2 rules which related to watches

1) a man is judged by 4 things,
his suite, his shoes, his haircut and his watch,

2) a man may only carry 2 pieces of jewelery normaly, his watch and his wedding ring,

Sep 24, 2007 at 10:56 AM Post #1,658 of 14,284
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif

2) a man may only carry 2 pieces of jewelery normaly, his watch and his wedding ring,

Bill Clinton our ex-president, uses a $30.00 Timex...that means that he is....
tongue.gif

Sep 24, 2007 at 12:52 PM Post #1,659 of 14,284
but he had a nice suite and hair cut, plus. since hamilton is now owned by swatch, timex is the last "american" watch company, and being president of the united states, he has to use american products,

GW bush can wear a 300k patek philippe, he would still be a shmuck,

Sep 24, 2007 at 3:51 PM Post #1,660 of 14,284
Aren't Nixon watches American?

Sep 24, 2007 at 4:52 PM Post #1,662 of 14,284
good point...

Sep 24, 2007 at 4:55 PM Post #1,663 of 14,284
Quote:

Originally Posted by drizek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Aren't Nixon watches American?

No, they're not typically marketed here, at least not until the last year or so.

Sep 24, 2007 at 6:36 PM Post #1,664 of 14,284
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I Love Rules, Who Made Up These?

Sep 24, 2007 at 7:31 PM Post #1,665 of 14,284
Quote:

Originally Posted by upstateguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I Love Rules, Who Made Up These?

LOL, not sure, they could be aevums own rules.

i used to play in society where those rules mattered, then i saw the light and got the hell out of dodge!

i may return one day...

wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back