Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
May 10, 2007 at 4:32 PM Post #1,351 of 14,276
bought it on ebay too, looks ok but little bit heavy
watch.jpg

May 10, 2007 at 4:37 PM Post #1,352 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by plainsong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't have the best lighting, but in real life, that Dimodell Chronissimo strap changes the character of the watch from a cute little tool watch, to bad@ss. You can't fully tell here, but it really looks sick in real life.

And bonus points for being a strap I'm actually not allergic to.

img_1041.png

Wow, you wear your watches very very tight.

May 10, 2007 at 9:58 PM Post #1,353 of 14,276
Argh, head-fi keeps going down whenever I post!
frown.gif
Let's try this again...

No, I don't. It just looks that way because firstly, the strap had to break in, and secondly, it's just the angle. In fact, it slides around on my wrist. I actually like a loose fit. My wrist is just about 7".

If I had a tripod I could take a more natural-looking wrist shot I think, but as it is, holding the heavy camera and the heavy watch, you just get happy it didn't blur... much.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 11, 2007 at 6:10 AM Post #1,355 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice watch, any info on it?

Alpha is the company, it is a Radiomir style watch, meaning they sort of ripped off the style of a Panerai Radiomir. The only difference is it doesn't have wire lugs, but normal Luminor Marina style watches.

If you like the design, try searching the following on eBay:

"luminor marina"
"radiomir"

and if you want to see a lot of the real deal add "panerai" to the front of the above searches, "panerai luminor" or "panerai radiomir".

May 11, 2007 at 7:21 AM Post #1,357 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by tjkurita /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Alpha is actually a Panerai "1950" style case w/o the crown guard.

Actually the Panerai "1950" cases are 47mm side to side (not including the lugs or crown/crown guard). This watch is somewhere in between that and the more common Panerai 44mm case, which is not sold as a "1950" style. This particular watch is supposedly 45mm, but it does seem to have a shape (on the sides) similar to the "1950" case. So it is sort of a hybrid. Once I receive it I can compare it more closely with a knock off panerai (44mm) case I have.

May 11, 2007 at 10:59 AM Post #1,358 of 14,276
Panerai makes a 1950 case in 44mm also. From the pictures it looks like the shape of the case is the same as the Panerai 1950. Which is, of course, based on the older Luminor cases. It is similar to RXW, which is another Japanese Panerai copy.

I used to own a PAM 1950, but I sold it to get a Daytona. I couldn't get over the fact that it had a Unitas movement in it. I am constatly thinking about the 44mm 1950 flyback. But it is really over-priced.

May 13, 2007 at 10:48 PM Post #1,362 of 14,276
Thanks. It actually doesn't fit me as nice as the formula 1 series (maybe because I have thin wrists).

I used to have a formula 1 for I think more than 10 years, never let me down but I lost it. I think I took it off, put it on my pocket, and it dropped from my pocket when I was sitting somewhere.

May 14, 2007 at 7:57 AM Post #1,363 of 14,276
Does anyone here know anything about Rotary watches? I found a store in my area that carries them and has two in particular that appeal to me somewhat--> a tourbillon that I can find no information about online and a Reversal watch with a dual sided flipping time piece. Just figured I'd ask and see if anyone here knows anything about the brand.

May 16, 2007 at 6:09 AM Post #1,364 of 14,276
I'm so excited!! My new watch finally came in and I absolutely love it. It's not quite as nice as the Tags I was lusting after (And certainly not the Breitlings that I was drooling over!) but it is still the nicest watch I've ever owned. After much searching, I finally decided on a Seiko Premiere because it was simple and pretty elegant without being too bulky or over the top. Did I mention I love it!
3000smile.gif

-BTW excuse the crappy shots, I'm still shooting with the stock 18-55DX.
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back