Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
May 5, 2007 at 6:52 PM Post #1,336 of 14,276
Wow, some really nice watches in this thread!

Here's my Certina, like it a lot
cool.gif

dspodiumpg1.jpg

May 5, 2007 at 7:49 PM Post #1,337 of 14,276
Love those leather-banded tachymeters, trying to decide between the Tissot V8 and the Citizen Perpetual myself
T36.1.316.72b.JPG
BL5250-02L.jpg

Yeah, they're both quartz, but I'm still saving for my first Rolex

May 5, 2007 at 9:19 PM Post #1,338 of 14,276
If the Tissot comes with a black face i would take that one. It has a cleaner design. It doesnt tell the date though.

May 5, 2007 at 9:33 PM Post #1,339 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by drizek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If the Tissot comes with a black face i would take that one. It has a cleaner design. It doesnt tell the date though.

The Tissot only comes in white and the Citizen only comes in black.
The Tissot does have the date, its at the 6 o'clock position.

May 5, 2007 at 9:58 PM Post #1,341 of 14,276
I'm a big fan of Damasko watches myself. Personally saving up for one. Definitely over-engineered elegance.
DamaskoDC662L.jpg

May 6, 2007 at 1:04 AM Post #1,343 of 14,276
Ouch! I was just bit hard by the watch bug!
icon10.gif

I've read the thread almost to its entirety, but have few ideas for a simple looking low-cost watch. I like the kind with the really simple-looking faces, but I'll accept any recommendations. I also have relatively thin wrists as many have also mentioned...if that matters at all.

So, simple looking, keep it cheap, twig wrists...any ideas?

Thanks

smily_headphones1.gif

May 6, 2007 at 9:45 AM Post #1,344 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
excellent! why did you choose the blue face over the black?
scuba.jpg

When it comes to my personal gadgets...I usually prefer to have something that's unique and different that I know I will rarely see other people wearing or using. I like my things to be unique and exotic. The overall package of the Blue Samurai just stood out as being a unique watch unto itself, with the way the bezel has a combination of gray marks alongside blue marks. The black version OTOH just looks very basic and simple...like a black frame/black lens sunglass combo, something I would never stand for. So without a doubt, blue was the version I liked the most. I don't like bright colors either on watches so orange/yellow faced watches are out for me....I know the Samurai has a orange faced version.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicArmada /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I like the kind with the really simple-looking faces, but I'll accept any recommendations. I also have relatively thin wrists as many have also mentioned...if that matters at all.

So, simple looking, keep it cheap, twig wrists...any ideas?

I think you'd enjoy Skagens. I happen to have one that I'm looking to sell, PM me if you're interested. It's this one:

342XLTTM.jpg

May 6, 2007 at 9:53 AM Post #1,345 of 14,276
Daytona_Cosmograph.JPG

I am so petty....................

I also have an Omega Constellation, an Omega Seamaster, 2 Tissots, a cheap plastic Tag, and my grandfather's WW2 Wittnauer.

May 9, 2007 at 8:51 PM Post #1,348 of 14,276
I didn't have the best lighting, but in real life, that Dimodell Chronissimo strap changes the character of the watch from a cute little tool watch, to bad@ss. You can't fully tell here, but it really looks sick in real life.

And bonus points for being a strap I'm actually not allergic to.

img_1041.png

May 9, 2007 at 10:12 PM Post #1,349 of 14,276
Anybody know if/when the new Rolex Milgauss is arriving in stores? My inner Sci-Fi geek must have a watch with an orange lightning bolt second hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back