Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Feb 23, 2007 at 4:24 AM Post #1,186 of 14,276
Are there any watches like this, in relitive style, without the giant price tag?
-greg
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oski /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DSC00095.jpg

DSC00107.jpg

Mar 1, 2007 at 10:55 PM Post #1,191 of 14,276
My Seiko in the dark
evil_smiley.gif
, thirty seconds on a tripod (you can see the minute hand moving
biggrin.gif
):

seikointhedarkbt9.jpg

Mar 2, 2007 at 2:58 AM Post #1,192 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by phergus_25 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are there any watches like this, in relitive style, without the giant price tag?
-greg

You can get a replica of that watch online. Dont know the exact price, but prob around $200.00 or so.

Mar 2, 2007 at 7:16 AM Post #1,193 of 14,276
Picked up a few watches lately...this one just came in today:

SNZD49J1.jpg

My first automatic and my first Seiko. Considering it's meant to be a part of Seiko's budget lineup, the build quality is excellent and sizing the bracelet was an absolute breeze. Love the polished black finish which seems so hard to find on watches out there, it goes well with dark or light dress attire.

My second one I'm not too impressed with, although it looks nice:

42ca_1_sbl.JPG

Complete titanium case and bracelet, this watch is really lightweight. It's Skagen's only automatic watch and uses a Miyota movement which is incredibly smooth and quieter than the movement used in the Seiko above. What bugs me about the watch though is in trying to size the bracelet...tried to do it myself and never did succeed. Heh, I wouldn't mind letting this watch go in fact if anybody's interested in it.
tongue.gif

And this is my current daily work watch:

GShockMrGAnaDigiFront0.jpg

Mar 2, 2007 at 11:23 AM Post #1,195 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andre Jute /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ti watches are the real business; I love my Citizen Navihawks.

What is the weight of the ti T-touch? Have you measured the head without the band?
Andre Jute
http://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/

no I have no weighted the watch. Its my litest watch and is another world compared to the Capeland S i have.

Mar 2, 2007 at 4:59 PM Post #1,196 of 14,276
I'm a lady, but I happen to enjoy my watch as well! However, I've been known to stop wearing watches altogether when the batteries die because I'm lazy as hell at replacing them. Therefore, I opted for an Eco-Drive which I love! It's a simple style, but it goes with everything I wear, so it suits me quite well.

EW0494-55P.jpg

Mar 12, 2007 at 10:09 PM Post #1,200 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by phergus_25 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A gift from my grandfather

DSCF0429.jpg

DSCF0428.jpg

Any onw know much about it?
I think that its pretty old.
-greg

Very nice indeed of your granddad. And a very nice watch too, probably valuable in its own right to the right collector to fill out the historical hole in his collection. It is a predecessor of the Citizen watches in the Navihawk series which includes the original Blue Angels. The movement is probably either the C300 as in the ProMaster Navihawk or some predecessor of it. The Navihawk series has now been replaced by the Skyhawk series, which has a different Eco-Drive movement and not quite all the functions of the C300 types.

Here is a photo and a partial description the Navihawk, of which I have owned a number (we have three at present), and of the Citizen C300 movement in general:
http://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/YULtideUTC.html

HTH. Enjoy!

Andre Jute
Visit Jute on Amps at http://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/
"wonderfully well written and reasoned information
for the tube audio constructor"
John Broskie TubeCAD & GlassWare
"an unbelievably comprehensive web site
containing vital gems of wisdom"
Stuart Perry Hi-Fi News & Record Review

Users who are viewing this thread

Back