Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Apr 29, 2005 at 9:17 PM Post #466 of 14,275
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyson
I decided that I just couldn't bring myself to spend the $$ for a Panerai or a Cartier, and decided to go with an Omega Double Eagle instead (for a heck of a lot less money).

Tyson, nice watch, but you know you still want that panerai...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 30, 2005 at 5:15 AM Post #467 of 14,275
I just bought this on Ebay, a Vostok mechanical watch:

0129a

Figured for $23 shipped it can't be too bad. Sure looks better than the $40 Casio combination analog/digital I bought 2 years or so ago. For some reason I want a mechanical watch although I'll have to wind it every day and they aren't all that accurate. There's another watch I want to pick up from that seller next payday, too.

Apr 30, 2005 at 6:25 AM Post #468 of 14,275
so I'm posting some of my favorites from that Overstock link I posted previously... I wish I had some money.

I'm picky about Tags... I only like some of them - here are a couple I really like:
TagHeuerTargaFlorio.jpg
TagHeuer6000.jpg

I think someone already posted the Omega Speedmaster, but I like that one too so here it is with the black dial:
OmegaSpeedmasterBlackDial.jpg

The Baume & Mercier watches are just gorgeous... probably what I'd get if it wasn't a matter of money. With the leather band (my personal favorite) & with a stainless band:
BaumeMercierCapelandchrono.jpg
BaumeMercierCapelandchronosteel.jpg

Now for some pretty watches I could actually afford (well maybe if I didn't need to pay some bills, eat, and pay for a vacation with the gf). I own a Kenneth Cole watch that I got for free for testdriving an Altima a few years back. Overall I like them... simple, maybe a little different. A few I came across that I particularly liked:
KennethCole03.jpg
KennethCole02.jpg
KennethCole01.jpg

Welp that's enough insomnia for me... time to make myself fall asleep... I guess I'll try to go to bed now... enjoy the pretty watches.

-tico

Apr 30, 2005 at 6:34 AM Post #469 of 14,275
I'm using the watch pictured here, except with the leather wriststrap.

roadster.jpg

Funny story behind this.

I was in the UAE working on a documentary as a sound engineer, and one of the things we did was to interview the Ruler of Sharjah. This guy never gives interviews, and it was exciting for us to even be around him in the first place!

Basically my job was to pin a mic on the guy (most awkward experience of my entire life). The interview went well, and the sound turned out quite nicely.

He must've liked the experience, because about 6 hours later, an envoy of his visited us in Dubai, bearing gifts!

When I found out how expensive this watch was, I just couldn't believe it! People don't even get watches this nice when they retire for decades of work, and here I am receiving one as a gift at the beginning of my career!

I suppose now I'll have something to pass down to my kids and grandkids with an interesting story behind it!

Apr 30, 2005 at 7:22 AM Post #470 of 14,275
Quote:

Originally Posted by dabblerblue
When I found out how expensive this watch was, I just couldn't believe it! People don't even get watches this nice when they retire for decades of work, and here I am receiving one as a gift at the beginning of my career!

gotta love oil money..
tongue.gif

Apr 30, 2005 at 1:33 PM Post #472 of 14,275
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReaper
Some of you guys with larger collections. How do you store all of your watches (non-winder type storage)? I'm looking for some ideas.

Picture001.jpg

Apr 30, 2005 at 10:48 PM Post #474 of 14,275
Quote:

Originally Posted by donovansmith
I just bought this on Ebay, a Vostok mechanical watch:

0129a

Figured for $23 shipped it can't be too bad. Sure looks better than the $40 Casio combination analog/digital I bought 2 years or so ago. For some reason I want a mechanical watch although I'll have to wind it every day and they aren't all that accurate. There's another watch I want to pick up from that seller next payday, too.

haha Russian watches, they are great

Apr 30, 2005 at 10:50 PM Post #475 of 14,275
can you recomend me a decent watch for a teenager and less then $100. thanks

Apr 30, 2005 at 11:37 PM Post #477 of 14,275
Overstock.com is your friend
smily_headphones1.gif
Here's a nice invecta for $56:

L421234.jpg

May 1, 2005 at 6:20 AM Post #479 of 14,275
I own a Tissot T-touch. Before I bought this watch I wanted something that could be used for aviation, extra gadgets to play with, and could wear with formal or informal clothing. It has an altimeter, compass, barometer, alarm, chrono, thermometer C/F.

Its main feature is that when you want to change to any of these settings you just TOUCH the glass/face in the appropriate place with your finger and the hands move to indicate the setting especially when the compass setting is used. The hands point to magnetic north and can be adjusted for magnetic variation. Too Cool... I paid about $600.
imager.exe

Here is the link if you wish to check out the different models.
http://www.tissot.ch/cgi-bin/cgi2.ex...ouch&tactile_q

May 1, 2005 at 7:00 AM Post #480 of 14,275
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSlacker
can you recomend me a decent watch for a teenager and less then $100. thanks

my next watch is going to cost more than 2000$... for sure.

however, for less than $100 and a teenager, get a fossil. they just last. i've worn mine for 98% of the time i've had it (to the beach, while sleeping, during showers, etc), and it's been ticking for 5+ years without a single defect.

i've changed the battery only ONCE... and it's still more accurate than i can ever care for. this thing seriously has become a 2nd appendage to me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back