Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Mar 12, 2016 at 12:30 AM Post #11,284 of 14,275
I will be traveling to Japan in a month and seeking for some suggestion for my first G-Shock to buy while I am there.

It will be use on a day-to-day basis with not specific utility in mind.  Analog hands is optional since I already have other mechanical watches.  Solar charging is a must.  Not wanting to replace the battery on an annual basis.  Budget-wise, I want to keep it under $500. 

Is there any JDM model I should look out for?  I am not a fan of the squarish G-Shock 5000-Series.

Thanks all in advance!

Based on your questions/inquiries, I would suggest the Japanese release-only Love The Sea And The Earth Limited Edition Rangeman (GW-9401KJ-3JR). You may or may not be able to find it below $500 these days.

Below is a photo of mine:

I'm here in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, and very ecstatic that my student I coached when he was high school wound up making the semifinals tonight and placing top 6 and NCAA All-American status as a result!

Mar 12, 2016 at 1:33 AM Post #11,285 of 14,275
Based on your questions/inquiries, I would suggest the Japanese release-only Love The Sea And The Earth Limited Edition Rangeman (GW-9401KJ-3JR). You may or may not be able to find it below $500 these days.

Below is a photo of mine:

Thanks moedawg140.  I like the style but  I can't say I am a fan of the color.

Mar 12, 2016 at 2:07 AM Post #11,286 of 14,275
Thanks moedawg140.  I like the style but  I can't say I am a fan of the color.

No worries. I was suggesting a Japanese release only model for you that I personally own. Casio offers a G-Shock Rangeman in Yellow, and a Rangeman in Gray with Red highlights that are Japanese release only models as well. It may be more difficult to find those colors in person (aside from purchasing them on a site like fleabay) because those limited edition colors have been available for a while now, as opposed to the posted green/clear green model since it's last season's model. If you don't mind with regards to purchasing a Rangeman that isn't only Japanese release only, you can find them as limited and non-limited release models - locating the models online and offline (depending on the specific color(s) chosen): Black, Olive, Blue, White, Maroon, White, Sunrise Purple, etcetera.

Good luck!

Mar 12, 2016 at 2:12 AM Post #11,287 of 14,275
No worries. I was suggesting a Japanese release only model for you that I personally own. Casio offers a G-Shock Rangeman in Yellow, and a Rangeman in Gray with Red highlights that are Japanese release only models as well. It may be more difficult to find those colors in person (aside from purchasing them on a site like fleabay) because those limited edition colors have been available for a while now, as opposed to the posted green/clear green model since it's last season's model. If you don't mind with regards to purchasing a Rangeman that isn't only Japanese release only, you can find them as limited and non-limited release models - locating the models online and offline (depending on the specific color(s) chosen): Black, Olive, Blue, White, Maroon, White, Sunrise Purple, etcetera.

Good luck!

Great!  I'll see what I can find in store and report back after the trip.  Thanks.

Mar 12, 2016 at 2:14 AM Post #11,288 of 14,275
Mar 13, 2016 at 12:17 AM Post #11,289 of 14,275
At this point, I'm about 95% sure I would like to pick up an Orient Mako USA. The question is, when will that be, as it may be a while before I'm looking to purchase any form of luxury after CanJam... I mean let's be realistic here haha.

Moedawg, will you be there on Sunday? I sure hope to see you, and whatever is on your wrist, at the show! 

Mar 13, 2016 at 12:50 AM Post #11,290 of 14,275
At this point, I'm about 95% sure I would like to pick up an Orient Mako USA. The question is, when will that be, as it may be a while before I'm looking to purchase any form of luxury after CanJam... I mean let's be realistic here haha.

Moedawg, will you be there on Sunday? I sure hope to see you, and whatever is on your wrist, at the show! 

I will be there both days. Feel free to introduce yourself when you see me (I should not be very difficult to find). See you and everyone else who attends, soon!

Mar 13, 2016 at 4:01 PM Post #11,291 of 14,275
Happy to say it was a great trip to Iowa, my wrestler I coached when he was in HS ended up becoming the NCAA National runner-up as a sophomore. Unseeded and knocked off the 7th, 2nd and 3rd seeds enroute to make the finals and end up 2nd in the Nation.

Goodbye Iowa, it was great, super nice people and very passionate about wrestling, that's for sure! Next year, Wisconsin!

Going for the takedown:

The National Trophy:

Near the airport in Cedar Rapids, Iowa:

Mar 13, 2016 at 11:07 PM Post #11,292 of 14,275
5a99e962e246096200785d4e3887a830.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mar 14, 2016 at 9:59 AM Post #11,295 of 14,275
Thanks wokei my friend! Yeah, this Wenger has lately become my go-to everyday watch! Like it a lot .. Oh and thanks for the ink comment, yeah that darned ink keeps spreading.. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back