Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Sep 10, 2015 at 8:29 PM Post #10,666 of 14,302
I always dreamt of having a grand seiko spring drive watch, a few years ago a got myself the model sbga059. It was expensive but the watch is light as feather and the second hand motion glide was sublime. I know I should have gotten myself top of the line stax system, that was in the past and the past is behind us know.

a man of taste.

The Grand Seiko are fantastic watches.
A supreme quality. Much better that 80% of the swiss made watches. 
Credor is again, one step ahead...

Sep 12, 2015 at 2:12 AM Post #10,667 of 14,302

-Amen. While I (most of the time) prefer the slightly different aesthetics of the Swiss, the Grand Seikos blow me away every time - the engineering is superb, attention to both perceived and actual quality is top notch - I'd love to own one some day.

With regards to Seiko, I've been told that they are among the most vertically integrated companies in the world - they even make their own lubricants and O-rings! That is an impressive testament to their willingness to do whatever it takes to ensure the quality of the finished goods is right up where they want it.

Sep 12, 2015 at 3:07 AM Post #10,668 of 14,302
My first mechanical watch, bought by myself for my 18th birthday:

King Seiko 5625-7111, unpolished from 1973 with all original parts (though) aftermarket strap

and of course, a not as flattering wrist-shot

Sep 12, 2015 at 11:23 PM Post #10,670 of 14,302

a man of taste.

Credor is again, one step ahead...

Grand Seiko 
L3000.gif

Sep 13, 2015 at 1:42 AM Post #10,671 of 14,302
  Nice to see so much love for Seiko ..woot woot

I've half a dozen various Seiko's.  I think I like them because they were the first watch I owned growing up that wasn't a Timex. I catch a lot of crap these days, though, from people who look in my watch box and see Rolex next to Breitling next to Pam next to Seiko next to Seiko next to...etc.

Didn't really think there were many watch guys on H/F until I saw this thread.  If anyone is interested, I'm selling my Seiko 
7T34-6A09 Flight Computer

....sT

Sep 13, 2015 at 4:02 AM Post #10,672 of 14,302
I always dreamt of having a grand seiko spring drive watch, a few years ago a got myself the model sbga059. It was expensive but the watch is light as feather and the second hand motion glide was sublime. I know I should have gotten myself top of the line stax system, that was in the past and the past is behind us know.

I have also started drooling over Grand Seikos recently. It seems they are completely on another level compared to Swiss timepieces of the same price. I'll probably shoot for Grand Seiko Spring Drive when I can comfortably afford it. 

Sep 15, 2015 at 12:51 AM Post #10,674 of 14,302
  I had a photo I was going to use already, but then I realized I had the perfect opportunity to tie them together, THEN that's when I discovered my album art for The Dark Side of the Moon  wasn't showing up properly lol.

wow

omega Dark Side of the Moon!

great

i love it

Sep 15, 2015 at 12:55 AM Post #10,675 of 14,302

wow

omega Dark Side of the Moon!

great

i love it

Thanks, its really an amazing watch.  Don't have to worry about the case getting scratched or dinged (if you manage to damage the case, you likely have bigger issues), its lightweight and comfortable for a 44.25mm watch, and the movement is an absolute monster.  I once timed it over a 25 day period, and it gained only 3 seconds in that entire time.  

Sep 15, 2015 at 3:59 AM Post #10,676 of 14,302
  I had a photo I was going to use already, but then I realized I had the perfect opportunity to tie them together, THEN that's when I discovered my album art for The Dark Side of the Moon  wasn't showing up properly lol.

Wow, really nice speedmaster. Which type is this? I can read Co-axial on the dial, so this must be one of the newer types I guess?

Sep 15, 2015 at 4:17 AM Post #10,677 of 14,302
  Wow, really nice speedmaster. Which type is this? I can read Co-axial on the dial, so this must be one of the newer types I guess?

http://www.omegawatches.com/watches/speedmaster/moonwatch/omega-co-axial-chronograph/31192445101003

Users who are viewing this thread

Back