Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Jul 24, 2015 at 6:03 PM Post #10,487 of 14,276

Yeah, if you think audio stuff gets to crazy prices (and crazy impracticality), you should take a peek at some watches. Still its fun to take a look at some nice engineering. And I don't think anybody would diss you for wearing a non-expensive watch. For not wearing a watch, maybe 
tongue_smile.gif

No food (if I recall) but a nice setting and good conversation. There's one in LA coming up :).

BTW, want to thank you for the great experience I had at the SF meet up. I was one of the earlier guys to show up.

I definitely have seen a lot of expensive pieces, like the million/multiple million dollar watches on TV and the interwebs from time to time.  As for the dissing, I was just kinda kidding about my original statements.  I would probably just wear my Baselworld MT-G G-Shock, as I love G-Shock, and the MT-G would be more than enough (especially with regards to accuracy of time), compared to the high-dollar watches at those type of snazzy meets. 

No food?  That makes the invitation much less sweet now.  Just kidding!  ...kinda.

I'll have to check the one out in L.A. if it isn't too far from me (L.A. [and surrounding areas] is pretty huge).

Thank you for coming to the SF meet!  I hope you got to listen to everything your heart desired.  Next time, I need to take a break from working the meet so I can listen to stuff like FrankCooter's DIY electrostatic amp!

Jul 24, 2015 at 10:06 PM Post #10,488 of 14,276
Jul 25, 2015 at 1:57 AM Post #10,489 of 14,276
Wore this at the Pre SF Meet Rooftop Party at Wikia's Headquarters:

Nice! I love the metal G-shocks. I have an old MR-G I bought for cheap off the 'bay a while back. Solid as a steel ball bearing. Been looking around for Titanium version but haven't found one for the right price yet.

Jul 25, 2015 at 3:42 AM Post #10,490 of 14,276
  Nice! I love the metal G-shocks. I have an old MR-G I bought for cheap off the 'bay a while back. Solid as a steel ball bearing. Been looking around for Titanium version but haven't found one for the right price yet.

Nice, you've got the one released in 1998, the MRG-121T-1A.

Here's the most up-to-date MR-G (tried it on while I was in Las Vegas):

Jul 25, 2015 at 11:27 AM Post #10,491 of 14,276
That really hurts Pal, I live mine:smirk:

Live the Mr. G"s fella's:smile:

Jul 25, 2015 at 5:52 PM Post #10,492 of 14,276
Jul 25, 2015 at 5:53 PM Post #10,493 of 14,276
Jul 27, 2015 at 9:42 AM Post #10,496 of 14,276
Gold on Gold:

Snazzy Moe, cute ciem's with that one you wore yesterday
biggrin.gif
I love how every time I type love on here it comes out live
confused_face.gif
So how much was that Mr. G in Vegas Moe D?

Sweet EZM1 enkidu
wink_face.gif
Like those two tone hands and the jet out on the end of the second hand
normal_smile .gif
Like the one on my Zeitner except it's not out on the tip
frown.gif

Today, Irie Mon
rolleyes.gif

Jul 27, 2015 at 9:46 AM Post #10,497 of 14,276
  My first post, but wanted to share my latest with my G-Shock friend (you know who you are). 

Not as nice as your open heart here Jazzi but I've heard the Seiko 5's are nice watches and this seems like a real bargain not to mention very shiny
wink_face.gif

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/seiko-sea-urchin-snzf-watch?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Community%20-%20Audiophile%20-%20MAU%20%28Active%29&utm_campaign=Audiophile%20A%20Rev%20Product%20Announcement%202015-07-24&mode=guest_open&referer=PR3LLV

Jul 27, 2015 at 1:04 PM Post #10,498 of 14,276

Not as nice as your open heart here Jazzi but I've heard the Seiko 5's are nice watches and this seems like a real bargain not to mention very shiny
wink_face.gif

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/seiko-sea-urchin-snzf-watch?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Community%20-%20Audiophile%20-%20MAU%20%28Active%29&utm_campaign=Audiophile%20A%20Rev%20Product%20Announcement%202015-07-24&mode=guest_open&referer=PR3LLV

You're right Podster, that's a great looking watch -- particularly at that price!  Wow!  

I've got another new Massdrop acquisition in transit.  Gotta start blocking that website!

Jul 27, 2015 at 2:02 PM Post #10,499 of 14,276

Snazzy Moe, cute ciem's with that one you wore yesterday
biggrin.gif
I love how every time I type love on here it comes out live
confused_face.gif
So how much was that Mr. G in Vegas Moe D?

Sweet EZM1 enkidu
wink_face.gif
Like those two tone hands and the jet out on the end of the second hand
normal_smile%20.gif
Like the one on my Zeitner except it's not out on the tip
frown.gif

Today, Irie Mon
rolleyes.gif

Thanks!  Those are my overall favorite C/IEMs, the Legend Omega.  You need to make sure to burn them in, but once you do...pure euphoria!

I really like that yellow dial of yours, Podster!  And of course, the foreground and background picture is on point!  
beerchug.gif
 (lime sparkling water in my glass)

The MR-G in Vegas is currently $3,000.00 + tax (currently 8.1%) = $3,243.  If you ever want one, PM me for a little bit of help. 
regular_smile .gif

Jul 27, 2015 at 2:13 PM Post #10,500 of 14,276

You're right Podster, that's a great looking watch -- particularly at that price!  Wow!  

I've got another new Massdrop acquisition in transit.  Gotta start blocking that website!

I know what you mean, just when I get my card balance under control they drop something my mind tells me I got to have
blink.gif
LOL Waiting on Martin's valve amp has got me on hold for right now thank God!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back