Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Jun 18, 2014 at 12:37 AM Post #7,802 of 14,275
Jun 18, 2014 at 12:42 AM Post #7,803 of 14,275
Jun 18, 2014 at 1:31 AM Post #7,804 of 14,275
Ugh, time to go through my gallery of pix from Watchuseek.com to post on here, I suppose.

Jun 18, 2014 at 1:53 AM Post #7,805 of 14,275
The storm: Part 3 of 3.

A few days ago when I posted on here, I said that I would post pictures of my G-Shocks when I have the rights to post pictures....well I can now post pictures, so...here we go.

Before I was into G-Shocks, I was first into fancy watches like the ESQ Fusion, but when I shipped it to get repaired, I was thinking about purchasing something fun, something that I thought was just a watch to pass the time while my real watch was being serviced.  I remember a guy at my local Infiniti dealership wearing a purple G-Shock and I thought it looked intriguing, even though I knew it could be a fashion faux-pas to say the least.  So I looked for and found my first G-Shock, which wound up being a purple G-Shock.  I couldn't believe the amount of compliments I received when I wore my purple G-Shock, compared to the 1 percenters that would compliment on my fancy watches.  Younger, older, no matter what demographic, the G-Shocks (usually if they were a little different looking than the usual black) garnered a lot of compliments and responses from people.  I have been collecting G-Shocks now for around 6 years now, and I am currently at 32 G-Shocks.  Only 31 are pictured because I have two of the 30th Anniversary Red + Gold G-Shocks.  Some have Multi-Band 6 capabilities (syncs with one of 6 satellite atomic clocks in the world), some are solar, the Blue Rangeman has Altimeter, Barometer and Compass, and the electric blue one has Bluetooth two-way iPhone/Android operability.  It has been fun finding these in various malls and online auction sites (all purchased new), and finding some that are not sold in the U.S. (So. Cal) where I reside.

Without further ado, here is my current G-Shock collection.  Enjoy!

If you have any questions about any of the watches that are shown, like where I got certain ones, the price or the model number of certain watches, I'll be more than happy to answer.  Hope you enjoyed the storm!

Jun 18, 2014 at 2:53 AM Post #7,806 of 14,275
wow, i guess you like colors!!!
dt880smile.png

Jun 18, 2014 at 6:56 AM Post #7,807 of 14,275
That is an impressive G-shock collection! :)
I only have a Pro-trek PRW-2000 but I have often wanted to get the same watch as G-shock. I do not know the G-shock model number though.

Jun 18, 2014 at 1:56 PM Post #7,809 of 14,275
  wow, i guess you like colors!!!
dt880smile.png

Yes, I do like colors.  I try to get different types of G-Shocks, in the colors that I think look the most intriguing.  I try to not purchase the same color G-Shock twice, hence the kaleidoscope-like variety of watches.  I actually don't like to buy black watches, since most people that purchase G-Shocks purchase them, but every black one I have is special in some way.  Every black one I have is a limited model, or limited availability, and I'm a sucker for any of the watches with a gold bezel.

That is an impressive G-shock collection! :)
I only have a Pro-trek PRW-2000 but I have often wanted to get the same watch as G-shock. I do not know the G-shock model number though.

Thanks rasmushorn.  The Pro-Trek PRW-2000 is a nice watch.  If you want to get a similar watch as a G-Shock, you can get the new Gulfmaster, US model # GWN1000B-1B, Japanese model # GWN-1000B-1BJF.  The model numbers are changed slightly based on the color and location of watch.  The price in the US when it comes out will be $500.  This is what the Gulfmaster looks like:

Here are the tech specs:

You can read up more about the Gulfmaster here: http://www.gshock.com/watches/Master_of_G/GWN1000B-1B, here: http://products.g-shock.jp/watch_detail.php?m=GWN-1000B-1BJF&n=6064 (translate it via your browser if you can't read Japanese) and here: http://www.g-street.com.au/2014/03/introducing-the-g-shock-gulfmaster/

Enjoy!

Jun 19, 2014 at 3:50 AM Post #7,811 of 14,275
  Just bought my first G shock yesterday (I got the black/red GW 9400).  Should be interesting since I haven't worn in a watch in probably 10 years.

You have this one, correct?

The Rangeman is such a versatile and rugged watch.  

Starting off with a Rangeman as your first G-Shock is a little bitter sweet because it is definitely one of the most sweet watches, but bitter as almost all of the other G-Shocks available do not offer the triple sensor with Multi-Band 6 capabilities (only the Gulfmaster and Pathfinder have the triple sensor).  The G-Shocks that are more expensive have more "form" (steel band, luxury watch-like qualities, but no triple sensor), but the G-Shocks that are less expensive are less functional and just have basic time keeping with world time and an alarm/stopwatch (Multi-Band 6 capabilities, or moon phase/tide graph on a few of the watches).  

Enjoy, I'm sure you'll getting back into the swing of watch wearing especially when you'll be wearing this awesome watch. 
wink.gif

Jun 19, 2014 at 4:23 AM Post #7,812 of 14,275
Thanks, yes 
  You have this one, correct?

The Rangeman is such a versatile and rugged watch.  

Starting off with a Rangeman as your first G-Shock is a little bitter sweet because it is definitely one of the most sweet watches, but bitter as almost all of the other G-Shocks available do not offer the triple sensor with Multi-Band 6 capabilities (only the Gulfmaster and Pathfinder have the triple sensor).  The G-Shocks that are more expensive have more "form" (steel band, luxury watch-like qualities, but no triple sensor), but the G-Shocks that are less expensive are less functional and just have basic time keeping with world time and an alarm/stopwatch (Multi-Band 6 capabilities, or moon phase/tide graph on a few of the watches).  

Enjoy, I'm sure you'll getting back into the swing of watch wearing especially when you'll be wearing this awesome watch. 
wink.gif

Yes! That's the one I got, bought it off amazon for $270.  It seemed like a good choice because of it's features and functionality (and I'm not in the budget to spend over $1,000 on a nice luxury watch).  When I was younger I used to wear watches all the time when I would go camping or just out and about but as I got older I just stopped using them because I either had a phone on me or was in school and had a million clocks to look at.  So it will definitely be great to get back into the hobby.

Jun 19, 2014 at 6:05 AM Post #7,813 of 14,275
  Thanks, yes 

Yes! That's the one I got, bought it off amazon for $270.  It seemed like a good choice because of it's features and functionality (and I'm not in the budget to spend over $1,000 on a nice luxury watch).  When I was younger I used to wear watches all the time when I would go camping or just out and about but as I got older I just stopped using them because I either had a phone on me or was in school and had a million clocks to look at.  So it will definitely be great to get back into the hobby.

Well, you made a great choice.  If there were pound for pound rankings for G-Shocks, this would be right up there at the top.  Not a bad price you paid either at $270.  Especially if you didn't have to pay tax.  This is where buying these watches off of certain websites can save you money rather than paying for a watch at full price, plus tax, at a brick and mortar store.  Even though I think my Men in Navy Limited Rangeman is kind of 'dull' for me, I bought it because it is totally functional and super versatile.  Plus I wanted a Rangeman that was a little different, so the Navy color is nice and different, but not as bright as I would like.  But this watch is more about toughness than bling, so it's all good.  So... are you thinking about getting a second G-Shock?
biggrin.gif

Jun 19, 2014 at 6:39 AM Post #7,814 of 14,275

Well, you made a great choice.  If there were pound for pound rankings for G-Shocks, this would be right up there at the top.  Not a bad price you paid either at $270.  Especially if you didn't have to pay tax.  This is where buying these watches off of certain websites can save you money rather than paying for a watch at full price, plus tax, at a brick and mortar store.  Even though I think my Men in Navy Limited Rangeman is kind of 'dull' for me, I bought it because it is totally functional and super versatile.  Plus I wanted a Rangeman that was a little different, so the Navy color is nice and different, but not as bright as I would like.  But this watch is more about toughness than bling, so it's all good.  So... are you thinking about getting a second G-Shock?
biggrin.gif

Amazon prime free 2 day shipping for the win!  My watch should get here on Friday, so I'll be back in the game soon enough.  I saw some of the pics you posted of your g shock collection, that's insane!  If only I had that kind of money or time to put together a huge collection, but hey we all have to start somewhere.

Jun 19, 2014 at 2:47 PM Post #7,815 of 14,275
  Amazon prime free 2 day shipping for the win!  My watch should get here on Friday, so I'll be back in the game soon enough.  I saw some of the pics you posted of your g shock collection, that's insane!  If only I had that kind of money or time to put together a huge collection, but hey we all have to start somewhere.

Yeah it definitely took me a lot of time to learn about G-Shocks and make the best decisions I could about each watch I bought.  I started off slow, only having about 3 or 4 watches for a while.  Then I read up about them more, and mostly got them every couple of months to celebrate milestones or events in my life.  There was one month though, where they released like 4 that I really liked, so I bought all of them.  As for money, collectively they are worth about the price of a used car, but prices for each watch are cut if I bought some online or if I received a couple as gifts, so I didn't feel the hit as bad as I'd say my Infiniti.

There's gonna be a new Bluetooth version G-Mix series watch coming out soon as well.  It has additional smartphone features compared to my Electric Blue Bluetooth G-Shock.  I'll probably be getting it for its deep Ferrari Red color.  Here's a pic:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back