Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Dec 22, 2013 at 12:42 PM Post #7,486 of 14,276
Oh those pictures make me wish I had a watch that could use a leather strap. They look great both of them. 

Dec 29, 2013 at 12:48 PM Post #7,488 of 14,276
hey guys, I have this watch
im looking for a nice leather watchband to go with it. It has the weird 21mm lug length. Any suggestions ? I'd like to keep it affordable but if the strap is really special ill consider any price under 100.

Dec 29, 2013 at 9:01 PM Post #7,490 of 14,276
C&B Straps are affordable and Good quality.

http://www.crownandbuckle.com/

Quote:
  hey guys, I have this watch
im looking for a nice leather watchband to go with it. It has the weird 21mm lug length. Any suggestions ? I'd like to keep it affordable but if the strap is really special ill consider any price under 100.

Dec 29, 2013 at 10:30 PM Post #7,493 of 14,276
  thanks... ordered this:http://www.crownandbuckle.com/straps-by-color/brown-straps/madison-22mm-vintage-calf.html

NICE! Hard to beat there prices and good looking straps...
beerchug.gif

Jan 13, 2014 at 3:20 AM Post #7,495 of 14,276
Been looking  for a simple dress watch and an excuse to buy one and now I have finally quit my current job and as a present for doing that (over 3 years of working 12 hours 7 days a week) I decided to get the Maurice Lacroix Pontos Date. Did not want to spend too much money as I already have a nice Speedy Pro that is my main watch.

Jan 13, 2014 at 9:15 AM Post #7,496 of 14,276
Very impressed with the way Lacroix have developed their line of watches. Innovative and yet retaining tradition at the same time. They have come a long way since the 1990's when you could buy them in Argos in the UK and they have, I think successfully shed that image of tack flash which is a hard thing to do. I think they have succeeded because they have focused on pure horology and good, simple, elegant styling.

I have made two new vintage purchases this past week. One a 1930's Swiss Election Chronometer which should be arriving from the UK any day now and secondly my first dip into pocket watches. A nice simple 1960's Swiss made Westbury with a date feature.

Jan 13, 2014 at 4:48 PM Post #7,497 of 14,276
I only dabble in affordables. There's a lot of value to be had sub $100 these days from brands like Seiko, Citizen, Orient, Vostok, Casio, Pulsar and even fashion brands like Nautica and Fossil. 

For example, I recently picked up this Casio MTF-001 for $35. Stainless case, Japanese quartz movement, rotating inner compass bezel, strong lume, 100m, black date wheel, screw-down crown, thick 24mm rubber strap.

Jan 13, 2014 at 4:52 PM Post #7,498 of 14,276
I have a huge soft spot for Casio's, I have a few myself, just wonderful watches. I love the look of yours.

Jan 15, 2014 at 12:43 AM Post #7,499 of 14,276
Hi Negakinu,

Quote:
  I only dabble in affordables. There's a lot of value to be had sub $100 these days from brands like Seiko, Citizen, Orient, Vostok, Casio, Pulsar and even fashion brands like Nautica and Fossil. 

For example, I recently picked up this Casio MTF-E001 for $35. Stainless case, Japanese quartz movement, rotating inner compass bezel, strong lume, 100m, black date wheel, screw-down crown, thick 24mm rubber strap.

OK, I'm hooked!  

Is there lume on the numerals as well as on the hands?  I can't find specs elsewhere that answer this question.

Thanks!

Mike

Jan 15, 2014 at 8:00 AM Post #7,500 of 14,276

OK, I'm hooked!  

Is there lume on the numerals as well as on the hands?  I can't find specs elsewhere that answer this question.

Thanks!

Mike

Both hands and numerals are lumed. Now, don't expect Seiko Lumibrite brightness... but this Casio has the best lume of all the Casios I own and had. It's very bright initially, dims quickly but, and this is a first for my Casios, remains visible and legible throughout the night. Nothing to complain about in the lume department. :) It's no Seiko Monster though. Those are like little torches. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back