Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Jun 4, 2016 at 4:35 PM Post #11,566 of 14,276
Jun 4, 2016 at 4:38 PM Post #11,567 of 14,276
Jun 4, 2016 at 10:42 PM Post #11,568 of 14,276
You know, you can still wear your watch at home!! I do, all the time! Lol

Haha. At home I just get up from bed, head over to the computer, put on some music, go downstairs for food, come back up, computer, music, dinner, then back to bed.

My Aevig Valkyr, another of my favorites (and another photo from an earlier time):

Jun 5, 2016 at 5:52 AM Post #11,571 of 14,276

Damn you have good food everyday D:

I try my best.  I'm very fortunate to live in an area that has a plethora of diverse culinary options.

Hey Moe, we are G-family now.  My son's, wife's and mine.

Now that is really awesome, and indicative of more than likely a very happy family.

Cheers! 
beerchug.gif

Jun 6, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #11,575 of 14,276
Something "new" for me. This is my dad's Casio Marlin W-350 that he bought sometime in the early 80's and wore for very many years. I recently replaced the battery and band and just can't stop wearing it.

A few interesting observations. First, the silicon band is amazing. Yes it has a tendency to attract lint, but it is so soft and stretchy it just makes this a pleasure to wear. Second, they just don't make them like this anymore. Now I love my G-Shocks and have several, but with solid steel like this there is no resin to worry about rotting or becoming impossible to replace. I had always planned to have my G-Shocks for a really long time and I'm sure I still will. However with Casio's recent policy changes stopping sales of resin bezels to even the most common G's (5600 series), I'm worried about the longevity of many of the watches. I liked the fact that the Casio's weren't "disposable", but it seems like this is much less the case now with common parts getting harder and harder to get.

In any case, I am definitely going to be keeping my eyes peeled for decent deals on other Marlins or in particular, the vintage titanium cased Casio's which seem to pop up very rarely in the usual places.

Jun 6, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #11,576 of 14,276
I remember everyone at school envying the first kid to get a digital watch.

But you had to press a button to display the time in red LEDs, which actually made it less practical than a traditional analogue watch.

Jun 6, 2016 at 4:00 PM Post #11,577 of 14,276
I have loved and worn the same high line watch for 15+ years, everyday except when cleaned and overhauled.  About 2 weeks ago I just did not want to put it on anymore.

I blame Watagump for showing us his nice new Ingersoll Apache for me buying, count them, 9 new watches.  I've returned 5 and think I have a lineup for a while.  

I never thought these words would come out of mouth; I really dig this Timex.

Jun 6, 2016 at 8:55 PM Post #11,578 of 14,276
A nice and clean look no matter what the brand, @Saraguie! (Sorry I couldn't mention you the absolute correct way through my mobile browser)

Jun 6, 2016 at 8:59 PM Post #11,579 of 14,276
At just over 2,700 pieces (and always sold out thus far), this may very well be the most gorgeous model for all ages (however I did see older gentlemen walking over and looking at the Lego model).

Jun 6, 2016 at 11:52 PM Post #11,580 of 14,276

Maratac Mid Pilot on a leather nato strap

I got a thing for black dial watches, and I love that the Martatac watches don't have dates on them.
smily_headphones1.gif

That's one reason I love my Aevig so much. It has a movement with a date complexity (Miyota 9015) but Chip made a design decision to not include the date. I LOVE that watch. Another Aevig shot, this time on the same leather nato as the Maratac above:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back