Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Dec 16, 2015 at 10:22 AM Post #10,952 of 14,276
Many have BIG case size
smily_headphones1.gif

And many have a small case size.  At least a thousand or more are in the 30's mm range. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Dec 16, 2015 at 10:24 AM Post #10,953 of 14,276
But not that one, right?
dt880smile.png

That's a GDX version - 10% larger than the regular GD 6900 smaller case size.  Take a look at my Hundreds G-Shock.  Really small case size.  With G-Shock, you can purchase a large case size, or take your pick from a multitude of much smaller case sizes. 
beyersmile.png

Dec 16, 2015 at 12:07 PM Post #10,954 of 14,276
Wore the Gen 2 G-Shock Bluetooth timepiece today:

Sweet, makes me want a big glass of OJ
bigsmile_face.gif
Me likes big cases fo me fat wrist
biggrin.gif
Wife's favorite color Moe-D
wink_face.gif

Dec 16, 2015 at 1:21 PM Post #10,955 of 14,276
  Sweet, makes me want a big glass of OJ
bigsmile_face.gif
Me likes big cases fo me fat wrist
biggrin.gif
Wife's favorite color Moe-D
wink_face.gif

Thanks, Pod-pimpin! I'll think of other snazzy nicknames for you as time goes on (hopefully you aren't offended by any of them).  If you don't like a particular one, just let me know.  
redface.gif

Dec 16, 2015 at 2:10 PM Post #10,956 of 14,276
That's a GDX version - 10% larger than the regular GD 6900 smaller case size.  Take a look at my Hundreds G-Shock.  Really small case size.  With G-Shock, you can purchase a large case size, or take your pick from a multitude of much smaller case sizes. :beyersmile:

I know there are some. Just bought my son a G2900F for Xmas, and I have a square. :)

Dec 16, 2015 at 2:20 PM Post #10,957 of 14,276
I know there are some. Just bought my son a G2900F for Xmas, and I have a square.
smily_headphones1.gif

Glad to know that you know instead of talking about G-Shocks as if all of them are large, including mine (GDX Bluetooth G-Shock).
smily_headphones1.gif

And just so you know (if you didn't know before, you know now), the G2900F that you purchased for your son has a 45mm case diameter.
smily_headphones1.gif

Also, saying you have a square does not mean much at all because if the insinuation is that your square is small, there are small squares and large-sized squares that G-Shock offers as well.

Dec 16, 2015 at 2:59 PM Post #10,958 of 14,276
Dec 16, 2015 at 5:53 PM Post #10,960 of 14,276
Dec 16, 2015 at 5:54 PM Post #10,961 of 14,276

Now THAT is one handsome timepiece.
Congrats!

It definitely is very beautiful.  I still can't stop thinking about your Omega though. 
beerchug.gif

Dec 17, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #10,962 of 14,276
Glad to know that you know instead of talking about G-Shocks as if all of them are large, including mine (GDX Bluetooth G-Shock). :)

And just so you know (if you didn't know before, you know now), the G2900F that you purchased for your son has a 45mm case diameter. :)  

Also, saying you have a square does not mean much at all because if the insinuation is that your square is small, there are small squares and large-sized squares that G-Shock offers as well.

Of course I know it's 45mm. I bought it because it's the smallest diameter case size in Casio's current US G Shock lineup. Although I'm wondering if you knew that since you claimed there are thousands of smaller G Shocks. And then there is only one "square" series in the current line up, the 5600. Maybe I should have said "THE" square so you weren't confused. Are we going to have to change your profile tag to Padawan and make me the new Master G? :p

(And no. Baby Gs are Baby Gs. They are not G Shocks, if one is trying to be accurate. Quite clearly differentiated by the label on the watch itself :wink: )

Dec 18, 2015 at 9:19 AM Post #10,963 of 14,276
  Here's mine. Damasko DC66 on OEM bracelet. 

My review is here if anyone is interested.

Purrrrrdy
bigsmile_face.gif
What really sets that baby off for me is the OEM Satin finish on the case and bracelet
wink_face.gif
Congrats
beerchug.gif

Dec 18, 2015 at 2:48 PM Post #10,964 of 14,276
  Purrrrrdy
bigsmile_face.gif
What really sets that baby off for me is the OEM Satin finish on the case and bracelet
wink_face.gif
Congrats
beerchug.gif

Cheers Poster! It's called "iced steel" and is a process that renders it completely scratch proof. You can find these sometimes second hand, maybe 5-10 years old and they always look completely brand new. Incredible technology and combined with the Valjoux 7750 movement it's one of the all time toughest chronographs on the planet. 
blink.gif

Dec 18, 2015 at 3:10 PM Post #10,965 of 14,276

Cheers Poster! It's called "iced steel" and is a process that renders it completely scratch proof. You can find these sometimes second hand, maybe 5-10 years old and they always look completely brand new. Incredible technology and combined with the Valjoux 7750 movement it's one of the all time toughest chronographs on the planet. 
blink.gif

Sweet, I like that every aspect of it looks precision
wink_face.gif
I know I said Satin finish but it really looks like what I've heard called Suede Matte before but the iced steel sounds like it looks, Bad Azz
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back