Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Aug 5, 2015 at 3:13 AM Post #10,563 of 14,276
Not that good, I am getting +25 seconds per week.

Okay, thanks for the update! I think my Fossil watch was the worst ever for telling time, especially since it was an automatic. Seemed like it had to be wound up all day every day because I would check the next day and it would be dead. Haha.

Even the Casios aren't that great with time, probably 5-10 seconds +/- a month, but the Casios that have atomic clock sync capabilities make the time in sync down to the second.

Aug 5, 2015 at 3:29 AM Post #10,564 of 14,276
Okay, thanks for the update! I think my Fossil watch was the worst ever for telling time, especially since it was an automatic. Seemed like it had to be wound up all day every day because I would check the next day and it would be dead. Haha.

Even the Casios aren't that great with time, probably 5-10 seconds +/- a month, but the Casios that have atomic clock sync capabilities make the time in sync down to the second.

Mine is doing fine, It's rated up to 48 hours of power reserve and I can go through the week end without wearing them but still have enough power for the next week.

Aug 5, 2015 at 9:03 AM Post #10,565 of 14,276

Beautiful piece, Andrew.  My response to that is my latest addition:

Nice Tiss Jazzi, love the small seconds
biggrin.gif
I'd say my Tissot is my finest watch for sure
wink_face.gif

I like the look of that Orient Andrew however the 25 seconds a month is bothersome. Come to think of it I don't think I've worn either of my Autos for a month straight to even judge that
blink.gif

Aug 5, 2015 at 9:11 AM Post #10,566 of 14,276
I haven't adjusted or have someone to adjust the tensions. You can bring it to an expert for adjustments for accurate time. They have this thing that monitors the clicking of the mechanisms to verify how accurate it handles time.

Aug 5, 2015 at 9:58 AM Post #10,567 of 14,276
I haven't adjusted or have someone to adjust the tensions. You can bring it to an expert for adjustments for accurate time. They have this thing that monitors the clicking of the mechanisms to verify how accurate it handles time.

True but I have enough into my watches already and +/- 25 seconds is not a deal breaker or worth spending additional monies on
rolleyes.gif

Curse you MassDrop
very_evil_smiley.gif
LOL

https://www1.massdrop.com/buy/seiko-cocktail-time-sarb065-watch?referer=PR3LLV&mode=guest_open&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Audiophile%20A%20Product%20Announcement%202015-08-05&utm_term=Community%20-%20Audiophile%20-%20MAU%20%28Active%29
(image missing)
(image missing) 

Aug 5, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #10,568 of 14,276

Make sure it's an expert. Mark Twain has a cautionary tale to tell about letting well-meaning people adjust watches.

http://www.pocketwatchrepair.com/histories/twain2.html 
biggrin.gif

Aug 5, 2015 at 3:24 PM Post #10,569 of 14,276
Aug 5, 2015 at 5:05 PM Post #10,570 of 14,276
Aug 5, 2015 at 5:08 PM Post #10,571 of 14,276

Nice contrast of colors
cool.gif
(Pink Grapefruit Juice Cocktail in my glass)
wink_face.gif

Thanks!  You gotta make it official with the "
beerchug.gif
"!  

beerchug.gif
 (strawberry-kiwi smoothie in my glass) 
duggehsmile.png

Aug 6, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #10,572 of 14,276

Thanks!  You gotta make it official with the "
beerchug.gif
"!  

beerchug.gif
 (strawberry-kiwi smoothie in my glass) 
duggehsmile.png

Ah hah, but of course
beerchug.gif
(Caramel Drizzle Coffee in me cup)
tongue_smile.gif

Been in the Producer for three days straight now, the more I look at it the more I like it
rolleyes.gif

Aug 6, 2015 at 10:47 AM Post #10,573 of 14,276

Ah hah, but of course
beerchug.gif
(Caramel Drizzle Coffee in me cup)
tongue_smile.gif

Been in the Producer for three days straight now, the more I look at it the more I like it
rolleyes.gif

You should try Perrier Grapefruit if you haven't, easiest way to find it is get it at 7-11 or 7-11 equivalent (convenience store) locations.

Your Producer's looking good!

Funniest cheers/tandem drink I've seen:

Aug 6, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #10,574 of 14,276

You should try Perrier Grapefruit if you haven't, easiest way to find it is get it at 7-11 or 7-11 equivalent (convenience store) locations.

Your Producer's looking good!

Funniest cheers/tandem drink I've seen:

Too funny, love that gif
bigsmile_face.gif

The grapefruit is my favorite, the the Pomm/Orange, then the Blood Orange. When I really want to wake those taste buds I do the lemon which would make a Warheads fan pucker
wink_face.gif
If you ever go to Jamaica try the drink Ting, best grapefruit drink eva
beerchug.gif

Aug 6, 2015 at 11:26 AM Post #10,575 of 14,276

Too funny, love that gif
bigsmile_face.gif

The grapefruit is my favorite, the the Pomm/Orange, then the Blood Orange. When I really want to wake those taste buds I do the lemon which would make a Warheads fan pucker
wink_face.gif
If you ever go to Jamaica try the drink Ting, best grapefruit drink eva
beerchug.gif

Perrier creates Pomegranate and Blood Orange sparkling water?  I know they make Lemon, Lime, Orange and Grapefruit versions.  Or do you mean grapefruit, pom/orange, and blood orange drinks in general?

Jamaica isn't in the immediate future for me, but maybe I can drink Ting at a Jamaican restaurant in the Los Angeles/So. Cal area.  Thanks for the suggestion! 
o2smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back