Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Aug 28, 2011 at 5:36 AM Post #6,316 of 14,283

Quote:
As someone who is lucky enough to have owned some of the well know brands of watches I always wonder why folks seem OK wearing fakes? Looking at the one above, very bad fakes at that!

Would you wear fake Sennheisers I wonder, or wear fake cologne? Before I could afford the more well known Swiss brands I would rather have and did indeed own Citizens, Timex's ETC than wear a fake watch.

Wearing a fake seemed weird to me. Why wear something not real?

Especially something so badly done it would be obvious to anyone it was not the real thing!

Just wondering as fakes on watch forums generally are shunned but here few people seem to worry about it being fake.

Here is an image BTW of the real Breitling for Bentley Tourbillion from a friends website so you can see how bad the fake is!

Same reason people are into replica weapons/airsoft I guess. I like the look and style of brands but don't have the money. By no means do I wear fakes in public. I dont live in a place safe enough to walk around with a Breitling replica. I'm not one of those people who 'flosses' fake things...just like collecting replicas of expensive watches I only dream of affording. I didn't mean to offend any real Breitling owners such as yourself just showing my watch. 

Aug 28, 2011 at 4:11 PM Post #6,317 of 14,283
Don't like busy? Avert your eyes. 
wink.gif

Is there a watch in this picture? :xf_eek:

Aug 28, 2011 at 5:04 PM Post #6,319 of 14,283
I didn't intend to pile on. I was merely commenting that it was so busy I couldn't see the hands or tell the time, etc. Had nothing to do with it being a copy.

Aug 28, 2011 at 5:04 PM Post #6,320 of 14,283
Not really taking offence, just suggesting that it may be more enjoyable owning an "honest" watch rather than fake (replica I am afraid is just not right) Honestly, if you can't wear it out and about as your afraid of what may happen there is even less point to having it. No idea what you paid for yours but they seem to go anywhere from $50- $400 and in that range you could find a watch that has similar looks just without the fake branding.

For instance this lovely timex whilst not exact gives the general feel but is an honest watch that pretends to be nothing other than a good watch.

http://www.timex.com/Timex-Expedition-Dive-Style-Chronograph/dp/B004IQ9R2E?ie=UTF8&field_availability=-1&searchKeywords=dive&field_keywords=dive&class=quickView&searchRank=salesrank&field_product_site_launch_date_utc=-1y&id=Timex%20Expedition%20Dive%20Style%20Chronograph&field_browse=2224433011&searchSize=12&searchPage=1&searchNodeID=2224433011&refinementHistory=size_code%2Cband_material_type%2Cdial_color%2Cwatch_movement_type%2Cprice&searchBinNameList=size_code%2Cwatch_movement_type%2Cband_material_type%2Cdial_color%2Cprice

You can get it from Amazon for considerably less!
http://www.amazon.com/Timex-T49799-Mens-Watch/dp/B002YK5QB2

Aug 28, 2011 at 5:30 PM Post #6,321 of 14,283
Oh my mistake Maxvla. Ianmedium I definitely understand where you're coming from. Thanks for the advice. I got it for around $250 and I knew it was obviously a fake, replica, whatever word you want to use. If I wear a watch its not a big face chrono watch anyway, its usually a digital sport watch: G-shock, Timex, or the classic Casio design from the 80s/90s which I love. This is just to look at and I think it serves its purpose well. Its very pretty. Its no Breitling, cant deny its nice to look at though. 

Aug 28, 2011 at 6:34 PM Post #6,322 of 14,283

Quote:
     Quote:

Same reason people are into replica weapons/airsoft I guess. I like the look and style of brands but don't have the money. By no means do I wear fakes in public. I dont live in a place safe enough to walk around with a Breitling replica. I'm not one of those people who 'flosses' fake things...just like collecting replicas of expensive watches I only dream of affording. I didn't mean to offend any real Breitling owners such as yourself just showing my watch. 

What if they dont know its a fake?

Aug 28, 2011 at 11:05 PM Post #6,323 of 14,283
Was in getting the battery replaced on my old Tissot T-Touch, and couldn't resist.

Aug 28, 2011 at 11:32 PM Post #6,324 of 14,283
You guys make me feel so poor when I'm rockin a flat black nixon and have a bape G-Shock coming in the mail :frowning2:

Ah well, I want to get a Michael Kors Diver watch some time soon.

Aug 29, 2011 at 2:38 PM Post #6,326 of 14,283

Quote:
In Newport News, VA you don't walk around with an $8000 watch and go unnoticed...when I get my CCW maybe Ill feel comfortable walking around with a Breitling in my area. :wink:

cool.gif
, is it not a good neighbor hood? I see James Town and id think it would be pretty nice over their, but your never know.

Aug 29, 2011 at 2:56 PM Post #6,327 of 14,283

Quote:
cool.gif
, is it not a good neighbor hood? I see James Town and id think it would be pretty nice over their, but your never know.

Its horrible. I'd get my butt robbed. LOL James Town is filled with old retired people unless youre near William and Mary, so I would expect it to be nicer than my area.

Aug 29, 2011 at 3:25 PM Post #6,328 of 14,283

Quote:
Its horrible. I'd get my butt robbed. LOL James Town is filled with old retired people unless youre near William and Mary, so I would expect it to be nicer than my area.

eek.gif
Like the Pontiac or Detroit of our state, not Royal Oak, Birmingham, Farmington or anything like that where as its high end.

Aug 30, 2011 at 12:11 AM Post #6,330 of 14,283
jason, if you meant to get a real bape i hope you were sure it is real. there are a ton of fakes.

yesterday i saw someone selling a japanese limited gshock for $8,000! now it is gone. i am (hoping) that was some sort of scam. for 8 grand i don't care if it is collectable you can get a lot nicer watch. g-shocks are nice but i won't drop more than a few bills even on a japan collab.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back