Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Mar 22, 2010 at 9:38 PM Post #4,561 of 14,276
I agree that all the special editions of the Speedmaster are silly and, in general, I don't like them as well as the original because of the way that legibility is impacted. However, one thing I like on the latest versions of Speedy specials is the red tip to the chrono seconds hand. That's a nice touch. As much as I understand that they don't want to change the original version, that's a mod I'd welcome. It really helps with legibility and adds just a nice bit of color to really set things off.

Mar 22, 2010 at 11:26 PM Post #4,563 of 14,276
The Speedmaster Pro is my dream watch, and I will have one on my wrist the minute I can afford to purchase it, and justify the purchase. I saw that meteorite faced special edition while perusing BaselWorld 2010 articles, and while I think it's an interesting touch, I too wish it detracted less from the legibility of the watch in the pictures.

Mar 23, 2010 at 12:40 AM Post #4,564 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arainach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not a fan of the artificial aging, sorry.

That dial is carved out of a meteorite. No artificial aging there
tongue_smile.gif

Mar 23, 2010 at 6:47 AM Post #4,567 of 14,276
theres a briefcase that has a market value of a bit more then $100,000 that has all the Nasa mission labeled Omega speedmasters,

my favorite is the eyes on the stars from the apollo 12 mission, with the snoopy on one of the subdials, but still, im not sure i want a hand winder,

Mar 23, 2010 at 7:50 PM Post #4,571 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by leftnose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This reminds me, does anyone know a good source for Mondaine watches? My dad's a railroad nut and I think one would be a nice father's day present.

x2

I really want a mondaine for some reason

Mar 23, 2010 at 10:40 PM Post #4,572 of 14,276
Ordered a Lum-Tec over a year ago. Was supposed to be ready in July. Wrote to Chris in August. He responded and told me it would be a little while longer. That was 9 months ago.

I will now never buy a Lum-Tec watch. Would rather give my hard earned money to companies that keep in contact with their customer's.

Mar 24, 2010 at 2:32 AM Post #4,573 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I will now never buy a Lum-Tec watch. Would rather give my hard earned money to companies that keep in contact with their customer's.

I'm sure you're the only customer Chris deals with. I've met Chris personally, and we joked about the mountain of emails and PM's he gets in a single day from all the forums, etc. It's entirely possible he just missed one, we're only human you know...

Have you tried contacting them again?

Mar 24, 2010 at 3:01 AM Post #4,574 of 14,276
Chris knows I was waiting, He didn't miss anything. If he did, then his bookkeeping needs some work.
I can understand not having the particular model built yet, but I cannot understand the lack of customer service and re-negotiated ETA's.

By you saying, "I'm sure you're the only customer Chris deals with", I feel that was a really uncool statement. It's as if I'm at at fault. Not sure that you meant it the way it sounded, but I always had respect for you, and that comment made me out to be the bad guy.
I am usually a very mellow and patient person, but by not keeping me in the loop, and just dropping me by the wayside, that's just plain wrong. Every customer is important, and I've been quite patient.
An ETA was given (from February to July), and if I didn't write Chris in August 2009, I never would have heard from him again, and I did contact him, and yet, 9 months later, nothing but silence.

There is no excuse. He must be independently wealthy. I've worked in the service industry for 31 years, and if there's one thing that I've learned, that is, if you're not going to make a promised ETA, then most customer's would be happy with a new ETA. But silence, is what pisses customer's off.

Not sure why you're defending him...you have your orders filled.

Mar 24, 2010 at 4:06 AM Post #4,575 of 14,276
Accidents happen and people sometimes fall through the cracks, Immtbiker...you being a services professional, I'm sure you have a low tolerance for this kind of thing as you've made your living preventing such from happening. Chris is a nice guy, and I get the impression that he doesn't have a foolproof system for dealing with the volume of business (and prospective business, in cases like yours) he's come into. There are definitely self-serving jerks in the watch game, but Chris isn't among them. I'm sure he would be apologetic if you contacted him again with your concern.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back