Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Feb 4, 2010 at 1:52 PM Post #4,502 of 14,276
r00230372618513.jpg

r00230322602048.jpg

Night and Day

Breakdown of mods:

-Yobokies Sinn-esque orange/black dial with reapplied lume
-Bare chapter ring
-Ti-blasted casing
-Yobokies hands
-No-date mod

All in all, a much cleaner look for a Monster, because you can't be loud and in your face everywhere.

I'll throw a pic of it on my wrist tomorrow.
smily_headphones1.gif

Brendan

Feb 8, 2010 at 4:52 AM Post #4,505 of 14,276
I wouldn't mind getting a classic LED watch like I used to have in the late 70s!

Feb 9, 2010 at 12:45 AM Post #4,506 of 14,276
Speaking of the '70's, I would like one of the big fat leather bands like the ones that we all had that went along with our square toes boots
with the bands and metal circle that was down by the ankle.

Sort of like this, but much nicer. The watch was held on by 2 pieces of leather that went through the spring loaded band holder, with snaps:

2pieceVintageJunghans.jpg
harness09.jpg

Yeah...baby!

Feb 9, 2010 at 12:56 PM Post #4,508 of 14,276
Anyone here happen to have the new model Rolex Submariner? The one with the new 'Cerachrom' Ceramic bezel? I'm pretty sure we're going to get the Submariner for my dad for his 50th birthday, and judging by the pictures I've seen online, the ceramic bezel is beautiful. I'm certainly hoping the dealer I go through will have them when I am ready for purchase, but I figured I'd see if anyone has held one or had on in their possession and has 1st hand experience with it.

Feb 10, 2010 at 6:29 PM Post #4,510 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by music_man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
fossil makes bands like that. i know, fossil...

music_man

I actually like Fossil's leather bands quite a bit. As a watchmaker I think they're all style and no substance, but as a leather-goods company they seem to make pretty decent stuff. I've shown this picture in this thread before, I think, but it is of relation... and they have many others that might be more of the right style. Cost me $25 I think, at the Fossil store that is actually right down the street from Omega on 5th Ave.

Leather_Black_sm.jpg

The snaps are very secure, and you have to remember that this is in some ways more safe than a normal watch-band... if one spring-bar or securing device (in this case a snap) fails, the other will still hold on. Which is also why NATOs are so popular. Funny that the safest strap possible is also one of the cheapest!

Feb 12, 2010 at 6:26 AM Post #4,512 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by nineohtoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^That actually looks really nice, especially compared to a regular bund. I think I'm gonna have to snag one even though I had just bought a Jurgen Flieger.

It's pretty cool. The leather is sort of "stamped" to have that cool border, it's nicely ridged. The only downside is that the buckle has a huge "FOSSIL" on it; that could be a downside if you're a watch snob.

Feb 12, 2010 at 8:40 PM Post #4,513 of 14,276
Watch I got for my birthday, a Seiko premier model that is powered by kinetic energy, no batteries needed.
smily_headphones1.gif

The way it's built, I think it'd last me a life time too.

watch2.jpg

watch1.jpg

Sorry for picture quality, taken with phone camera.

Feb 12, 2010 at 10:24 PM Post #4,514 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Leather_Black_sm.jpg

I had been looking for a watchband like that one for my work watch ever since the original broke, but I couldn't find one locally so I finally ended up going with a cheap Timex velcro strap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back