Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Sep 7, 2009 at 1:58 AM Post #3,661 of 14,275
Quote:

Originally Posted by tjkurita /img/forum/go_quote.gif
180 MPH watch!

190, actually. 220 off the record, but like a watch can only be called "water resistant" when it might be "water proof", the speedo can only say 190 even though it does 220 due to US restrictions.

Hence the expression, "time flies"
tongue.gif

Sep 7, 2009 at 2:10 AM Post #3,662 of 14,275
Quote:

Originally Posted by Usagi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just added a Seiko SNDA65 to my small collection.

These are borrowed photos, but my watch is identical.

An excellent choice. I love mine; I have a pile of 22mm Maratec Zulu straps (Black, Olive Green, and Bond) that I use on it depending on my mood (the Black strap gets 80% of the time, and I switch to one of the others when I get bored). It's my daily wearer and used for just about everything but dress occasions; I'm a huge fan.

Sep 7, 2009 at 3:57 AM Post #3,663 of 14,275
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arainach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
An excellent choice. I love mine; I have a pile of 22mm Maratec Zulu straps (Black, Olive Green, and Bond) that I use on it depending on my mood (the Black strap gets 80% of the time, and I switch to one of the others when I get bored). It's my daily wearer and used for just about everything but dress occasions; I'm a huge fan.

I also purchased the Zulu and some other straps from MARATAC.

White-Stitched Elite Composite Strap
elite2.jpg
elitesamp.jpg

Four Ring NATO Style (low-lite version: black rings)
zulufour_small.jpg

The Seiko SDNA65 is a great looking & functioning chronograph. It replaced my Tissot T-Touch as my daily wearer.

Sep 7, 2009 at 12:23 PM Post #3,664 of 14,275
Quote:

Originally Posted by bass_nut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ooppsss.. sorry for my mistake.. it is a control knob (twist up or down) that rotates an inner ring (the one which has 0 km mark) .. i still do not know how to use it in conjunction with the outer rotating bezel/compass.

The inner bezel with the KM markings is used to determine distances on maps. That is why there is a scale on the face of the watch. For maps that use that scale, press the crown at 9 against the map and roll it along your route and once finished, read the inner dial and voila, you have your real life distance.

You don't really use the outer bezel in conjunction with the inner bezel. Do you know how to find North using a watch and the sun?

Using a Watch as a Compass

Using the above, just rotate the outer bezel so that N points toward North using the above method and then you can determine the other directions without having to think about it. Of course, once you move, the bezel will have to be realigned using the above method.

Sep 7, 2009 at 3:08 PM Post #3,668 of 14,275
Immtbiker: Have you received your Lumtec yet?
I just had a quick look at the M7 actual watch picture, that thing is beautiful. It looks like a cross between Panerai and blue Omega Aquaterra.
Actually I think the Tungsten M series is the nicest looking one out of all the current models at the moment.

On a side note, I hope I don't get flamed for this, but I am actually glad that I changed my mind about getting the C series 38mm. I've looked at the final, actual product picture and I didn't like it at all. The case is too round and lifeless for my taste.

Sep 7, 2009 at 5:09 PM Post #3,669 of 14,275
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arainach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a pile of 22mm Maratec Zulu straps (Black, Olive Green, and Bond) that I use on it depending on my mood (the Black strap gets 80% of the time, and I switch to one of the others when I get bored). It's my daily wearer and used for just about everything but dress occasions; I'm a huge fan.

X2. The straps, I mean. They're very comfy and cheap to replace.

Sep 7, 2009 at 10:17 PM Post #3,670 of 14,275
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Immtbiker: Have you received your Lumtec yet?

No, here is the response that I got (within minutes) from Chris, back in mid-August:

---------------------------------------------
Hi Aaron,

Sorry for the delays. Yes we are still making the tungsten models. The cases are finally finished just today, and dials for M6 and M8 should be ready next week, followed by the M7 shortly after the rest. We have been posting updates on our forums, and our mailing list about all delays. We remade the case several times to get it perfect, and dials were sampled since 5 months ago until we got the quality we planned. This is a very expensive model to build, and we want to be sure the product is absolutely perfect and as good as we can make it before we finalize it and start final production. All parts are now approved and we wait on delivery of the dials. We can never predict a date to release, as we wait for parts each time and have to approve each part to our high standards of quality. The product we will release will be 3-4 times he quality as if we worked with the original parts we decided to upgrade for higher quality. Please understand that we are holding no deposits on these watches, and we will take all the time needed to make them as good as they can be. I would think the reverse lume M7 will be another 45 days or so to finish, and the end product will be very well worth the wait. I would rather people cancel pre-orders from waiting too long for us to release it, than releasing a product not made to our standard. The tungsten case in particular, is the most complicated project we have this year and we have all been on it overtime to perfect it. We have your reserve order, and we will honor it, but we need patience from our buyers as I want this to be the flagship in our collection.

Best regards,
Chris Wiegand
President,
LUM-TEC watches

----------------------------------------------

Sep 8, 2009 at 4:21 AM Post #3,672 of 14,275
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, here is the response that I got (within minutes) from Chris, back in mid-August:

---------------------------------------------
Hi Aaron,

Sorry for the delays. Yes we are still making the tungsten models. The cases are finally finished just today, and dials for M6 and M8 should be ready next week, followed by the M7 shortly after the rest. We have been posting updates on our forums, and our mailing list about all delays. We remade the case several times to get it perfect, and dials were sampled since 5 months ago until we got the quality we planned. This is a very expensive model to build, and we want to be sure the product is absolutely perfect and as good as we can make it before we finalize it and start final production. All parts are now approved and we wait on delivery of the dials. We can never predict a date to release, as we wait for parts each time and have to approve each part to our high standards of quality. The product we will release will be 3-4 times he quality as if we worked with the original parts we decided to upgrade for higher quality. Please understand that we are holding no deposits on these watches, and we will take all the time needed to make them as good as they can be. I would think the reverse lume M7 will be another 45 days or so to finish, and the end product will be very well worth the wait. I would rather people cancel pre-orders from waiting too long for us to release it, than releasing a product not made to our standard. The tungsten case in particular, is the most complicated project we have this year and we have all been on it overtime to perfect it. We have your reserve order, and we will honor it, but we need patience from our buyers as I want this to be the flagship in our collection.

Best regards,
Chris Wiegand
President,
LUM-TEC watches

----------------------------------------------

Hopefully it will be soon and don't forget to post pics!

Sep 9, 2009 at 9:55 PM Post #3,675 of 14,275
This isn't ENTIRELY watch related, but it is SORT OF watch related.

My fiancee bought me a surprise engagement gift... Omega cufflinks!

FullJacket.jpg

OnWhiteLogo.jpg

InBoxClose.jpg

I'd been borrowing her brother's spare set of cufflinks for two years now. These are much nicer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back