Was I wrong in giving this ebayer NEGATIVE feedback?
Jun 17, 2010 at 7:38 PM Post #31 of 41
You cant change feedback you posted, the seller you posted for must send you a revision request.  There is 0% chance he would do that twice so i can change it BACK to negative.  He is also not replying to me once again, so, Im going to send one last message with the link to this thread so he knows that there are now 2 pages worth of people who agree with me

What I now fear is that the item will be poorly assembled or damaged in the shipping process. Lol.

Jun 17, 2010 at 7:49 PM Post #32 of 41
If you think he deserved the neg, then you really don't need to come out public and try to get some assurance for your decision stuff happens., You can always file a paypal claim first before negging the seller or at least try to get his phone number through ebay (which you can) and try calling the seller and work things out. 
Everyone has different levels of tolerance and if you feel he deserved it then good for you but remember most people on ebay have their day jobs and they are selling as supplemental income or hobby so they are not able to devote as much as someone would expect if they were buying it from a dedicated store. 

Jun 17, 2010 at 8:00 PM Post #33 of 41
absolutely not, I want no further contact with this person.  40$ is not worth this, so many lies, so many broken promises.  I sent him this last final message through ebay with a link to this thread as i said.  This is the last contact I will have with him.  

I've NEVER known 3rd class mail to stand idle for 4 days.  Never.   I have no idea what he did and first thing tomorrow I have to call USPS and find out what the hell he did and how he really sent it.  The title says 2-3 day priority. I paid for that i believe.  If he sent it out monday, I was screwed over.  He gave me the tracking info on monday but it wasnt processed through his post office until yesterday.  Meaning if it doesnt come tomorrow, i can expect it monday or tueday...maybe even later who knows?

so lastly again, he and i will have no contact from now on.  Even if I dont get the item, or if its broken or defective, im not saying it will be but i am expecting it based on all the crazy things that is going on with this transaction.  

Jun 17, 2010 at 10:45 PM Post #34 of 41
what's the guy's ebay id? 

Jun 18, 2010 at 1:10 AM Post #35 of 41
I've only bought 10 or so items off ebay, but I have left one negative comment. It was because I bought a set of Future Sonics Atrios and the picture and specifications were for the V2, and I received the V1. I assumed that the retailer simply made a mistake in good faith, but I still left a negative feedback because I didn't receive what I expected to receive.

In your case I think you're fully justified in leaving negative feedback, because you've been majorly dicked around. But I agree with the guy earlier who said you should have waited until you had received your product. Negative feedback is a powerful weapon - but you can only use it once. It's like a gun with only one bullet in it. Once you've fired the bullet, you have no more leverage over the retailer.

Jun 18, 2010 at 1:43 AM Post #36 of 41
Maybe his cat was sick or something.  While you may leave negative feedback for whatever you wish, I am personally too nice to just toss out the -'s.  I'd have given him a neutral at most, saving negatives for people who really screw me.

Jun 18, 2010 at 3:41 AM Post #37 of 41

Quote:
Maybe his cat was sick or something.  While you may leave negative feedback for whatever you wish, I am personally too nice to just toss out the -'s.  I'd have given him a neutral at most, saving negatives for people who really screw me.

I got a reply from him NATURALLY because i made this story public, he says he has a job and all that and can't reply for many days at a time or something, Idk i skimmed it, didn't seem worth reading his nonsense anymore :)

The timeline of this nonsense:

June 4th - Purchase and payment made, inquired about the colors of the item 
June 6th - reply from him saying he has various colors/I also reply back with what i want
June 9th - Reply from him saying it should be shipped today, ill get a tracking #
June 11th - I ask why its taking so long and no email with tracking
June 13th - Now a full 4 days later from the date it was supposed to be shipped, i should have received it on the 11th with the shipping i paid for.  I post negative feedback and he immediately replies saying i am not right in posting it.  I revise it.
June 14 - I get a tracking number finally, it was shipped out that day
June 17th - The item is now again past due from what I paid for and only has a processed through sort facility scan from his zip code.  4 days to process?  Never heard of such a thing with the shipping I wanted
June 18th - Late in the evening hours i get a last reply from him, he tells me my facts are incorrect and i made him out to be the bad guy.  

The package cleared my zip code finally like an hour ago, I might receive it today.  I've had packages come to my zip early in the morning and not get a departure scan to destination until monday.  So, it was literally 14 days after the original purchase.  7 days after the first time he said he would ship it.  a whole 9 days after i should have received it.  

Im humored by this heavily, its the first time anyone lied to me so many times and ignored my replies for that long.  Again, I am not an avid ebayer, over the years ive purchased and sold a few things but never encountered anything like this before.  

Overall I praise head fi with my heart and soul, ever since I started buying and selling here, I've not had 1 single problem.  

Jun 18, 2010 at 2:31 PM Post #38 of 41
If ur amp dsnt cum tonite pls report him 2 ebay & paypal. their is a limit on how much time u have for ne recourse.

Once you have reported him to both ebay and paypal DO NOT resolve the claim until you are 100% satisfied with the outcome. Amp in your possession (you physically holding it) and working well, or your money refunded.

Unfortunately you are now working with a possible deadbeat. He is not your friend, and will nto be your friend. Try to be friendly with him, but do not let him out of ANY commitments. He owes you an amp, or a refund. Simple. 

PS:
If you saved your email trail with this guy (it seems like you did from your last post. Good!) offer it when you file your claim with PP & ebay. 

Jun 20, 2010 at 1:09 PM Post #39 of 41

Quote:
If ur amp dsnt cum tonite pls report him 2 ebay & paypal. their is a limit on how much time u have for ne recourse.

Wow, what spectacular English Nikongod!

Well, the rest of the post was spot on anyway.

Jun 20, 2010 at 7:08 PM Post #40 of 41

Any update on the amp?

Quote:
Wow, what spectacular English Nikongod!

Well, the rest of the post was spot on anyway.

You know you like it.
dt880smile.png

Jun 27, 2010 at 12:02 PM Post #41 of 41
Ya I finally got the amp a few days after my last post.  The amp is the best portable amp ive ever used, far nicer for my ears than even my old Python.  It gives a fantastic warm tone to things and the bass booster works wonders.  It is fantastic.  Thankfully he built it very well, its solid and well build and ive no issues with it.

Im very happy actually, for this type of sound it was worth the stress and wait, the lies and the broken promises :)

10/10 amp 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back