Was I wrong in giving this ebayer NEGATIVE feedback?
Jun 16, 2010 at 7:18 PM Post #16 of 41

Quote:

YOU CAN in fact take a person to court over ebay feedback that ruins your reputation.  I'd rather avoid that.  He really seems like the type who would.

It's an ebayers right to leave negative feedback if he or she feels like he got a raw deal. What court would take a case over bad feedback left?? A kangaroo court maybe...

Jun 16, 2010 at 8:07 PM Post #18 of 41
That's a crazy story, and you have way more patience than I do. I ordered something from a seller that was only 4 hours or so away and it took 6 business days to get it to me. I was upset at the fact that I even had to email him questioning where my item was. 

Jun 16, 2010 at 8:10 PM Post #19 of 41
You have enough reasons to leave negative feedback. I wouldn't care whether this is the first such feedback to this seller; you had a bad experience with this seller and you have every right to warn other prospective buyers that the same may happen to them. This guy's (in)action means his 100% feedback is no longer accurate, correct?

p.s. Had he tried to communicate with you, there would be room for negotiations (whether to leave no feedback or otherwise) but clearly you have had little to no chance at this.

Quote:
Thats why Ive posted this here.  The guy didn't at all seem same.  He lied through is teeth to me repeatedly.  Lies as they appeared in order

( original question asked june 1st, reply received early june 4th, purchased that day)
-ad said the item was tested and working, ready to go
-said item would be shipped tuesday the 9th, and id get a tracking number
( inquired June 11th about the lack of reply or shipping confirmation)
It is now 9 days later with no reply or item shipped
He immediately replies as soon as he gets the feedback and is very upset but says he will do anything to fix it and i am wrong by doing this and must revise.  I spoke to ebay agents to see if i was wrong, all of them told it me is justified.  The delay in replies is enough for negative feedback.  The manner of his weird replies and inability to keep any of his promises lead me to believe he is crazy, or not at all trustworthy.  He has all positive feedback, hundreds of them.  Mine would be the first negative, he can take me to court over this
-said i would get a refund on shipping immediately

-Item is shipped on monday and will be here tuesday or wednsday the the 15th or 16th.  I got the confirmation it was shipped on monday.  The USPS tracking number is still pending to receive information 3 days later.  It should at least have been tracked through one post office, it hasnt.  He shipped it the slowest shipping imaginable even after all of this, even after I was nice enough to provide him with a revised feedback 

YOU CAN in fact take a person to court over ebay feedback that ruins your reputation.  I'd rather avoid that.  He really seems like the type who would.

Jun 16, 2010 at 8:16 PM Post #20 of 41
as long as you didn't lie about anything the seller did, there is nothing he can do legally...he can take you to court but he would never win. The facts were on your side, the retraction was a mistake.

Jun 17, 2010 at 2:01 AM Post #21 of 41
Oh i whole heartedly agree with that, he stands 0% chance.  Even the ebay agents said he was in the wrong for that.  

But again, I don't feel like having to fly out to where ever he is, taking me to small claims court of something.  I dont have that ability and its not worth the stress.  

Also, this guy is just so shady i had to post here about it.  He has so much positive feedback, I asked myself if others did this as well.  Had a bad experience with him, gave him negative feedback and he whined and cried and got them to revise.  

Jun 17, 2010 at 3:06 AM Post #22 of 41
Link to one of this sellers items please?

Jun 17, 2010 at 3:21 AM Post #23 of 41
Posting a link to this ebayer in this discussion considering what's been divulged so far could definitely be used in a court of law.

That said, I would have given him a negative feedback for sure.

Jun 17, 2010 at 7:20 AM Post #24 of 41
I sent him one hell of an angry last reply.  He said I would have it by yesterday, he is a liar and actually shipped it 3rd class.  I might get it monday. MIGHT.  It sat at his post office pending for 3 days and didn't move at all until today, i checked the tracking usps number every day and nothing appeared until earlier this morning, and its still in his zip code.  After all that idiocy, he still shipped it the slowest method possible, he is just awful in every way.  I'm still waiting for my shipping refund that I am sure ill never get.  BTW, at the time I revised the feedback for him, things seemed resolved as he promised the item would be there by YESTERDAY, which it wasn't.  

again to clarify, i did originally give him negative feedback, but he said i cant or shouldnt give him negative feedback and i must change and revise it.  He made me feel like i was wrong for it and breaking the rules, he implied this heavily.  So i revised and then i find out he shipped it third class and it didn't get anywhere in usps tracking until today..4 days later and no information in tracking was present.  This guy is a really awesome ebayer and we should all go buy his stuff right away.

Jun 17, 2010 at 7:45 AM Post #25 of 41
Bad sellers should not be allowed to Ebay period, if he has a record for the behaviour you described could he be banned from Ebay?

Jun 17, 2010 at 10:59 AM Post #26 of 41
I don't think 1 negative feedback on eBay will warrant a civil suit, especially the time required to file and prepare one. Unless all the seller is depending his livelihood on building CMOYs, there should be no logical reason why he would (and want to) take someone to court over 1 measly negative feedback. 

Jun 17, 2010 at 11:33 AM Post #27 of 41
If an ebayer threatened me with a lawsuit because I left him justified negative feedback, I'd tell him go for it buddy! I'd then tell him I'm going to counter sue for my expenses and inconvenience. I think he would think twice about suing me.  

Jun 17, 2010 at 5:29 PM Post #28 of 41
Report him to ebay and paypal. 

NOW. 

Have you done it yet? No? Why? Your still reading my drivel?

I think you behaved rationally and calmly through this, and should not have to deal with this individual in any way. I may have given him a hair longer to reply to my email, but 4 days is a stretch for an ebay deal. Missing the second shipping deadline on an auction is not acceptable. 

You read that before filing a formal complaint? 

Has HE made any mention of taking you to court or are you just afraid? I dont think you are legally allowed to threaten to sue someone... Im not even a lawyer on TV so take that for what little its worth. Either way, I would not let it sway your actions.

Jun 17, 2010 at 7:11 PM Post #29 of 41
He made it seem like I was wrong and it wasn't allowed.  He implied I was violating ebay law by posting the negative feedback.  I am not an ebayer, I have a few sales and buys here and there but don't know much about the rules, I really dont care to because ebay changes them hourly it seems >.>

Also, I've sent him 2 emails since Monday when he gave me the tracking number finally.  Ones on tuesday and late yesterday evening.  Both inquiring why the package has not been processed and no tracking information was been received.  I paid for 2-3 day service.  It sat in his post office for three whole days even after he said i would get it "Tuesday or Wendsday .  Well, today is Thursday and it still hasn't gotten out of his post office.  I wont get it until Monday or Tueday or next week.  This is close to a whole month after the original promise of when I would actually get the item

this guy is a terrible liar, he's lied about everything.  lied about it being assembled and ready, lied about him shipping it 2 weeks ago, lied about when it would arrive, lied about me being wrong in posting negative feedback for him and that it wasnt allowed, lied about the shipping method he would send it, lied about the refund he promised on the shipping, lied about when the item was due to arrive the second time.

thats a lot of lies, my favorite part after all of this is that he clearly spitefully shipped it the slowest shipping possible.  Standard priority shipping for a 1lb package from TN to Ohio is less than 5$.  That would take 2-3 days at the most, tracking would be there immediately.   After this guy promised to fix this all and "would do anything to make it right" he purposely sent the item 3rd class mail where it sits in a bin at his post office for a whole 4-7 days before ever even going out.  He promised ( 2nd promise and lie about when it would arrive )
that it would be here either yesterday or the day before.  It is still not processed and shipped out.  Its still at his post office on arrival scan, still no departure.  

10/10 ebayer.  

Jun 17, 2010 at 7:24 PM Post #30 of 41

Quote:
He made it seem like I was wrong and it wasn't allowed.  He implied I was violating ebay law by posting the negative feedback.  I am not an ebayer, I have a few sales and buys here and there but don't know much about the rules, I really dont care to because ebay changes them hourly it seems >.>

Also, I've sent him 2 emails since Monday when he gave me the tracking number finally.  Ones on tuesday and late yesterday evening.  Both inquiring why the package has not been processed and no tracking information was been received.  I paid for 2-3 day service.  It sat in his post office for three whole days even after he said i would get it "Tuesday or Wendsday .  Well, today is Thursday and it still hasn't gotten out of his post office.  I wont get it until Monday or Tueday or next week.  This is close to a whole month after the original promise of when I would actually get the item

this guy is a terrible liar, he's lied about everything.  lied about it being assembled and ready, lied about him shipping it 2 weeks ago, lied about when it would arrive, lied about me being wrong in posting negative feedback for him and that it wasnt allowed, lied about the shipping method he would send it, lied about the refund he promised on the shipping, lied about when the item was due to arrive the second time.

thats a lot of lies, my favorite part after all of this is that he clearly spitefully shipped it the slowest shipping possible.  Standard priority shipping for a 1lb package from TN to Ohio is less than 5$.  That would take 2-3 days at the most, tracking would be there immediately.   After this guy promised to fix this all and "would do anything to make it right" he purposely sent the item 3rd class mail where it sits in a bin at his post office for a whole 4-7 days before ever even going out.  He promised ( 2nd promise and lie about when it would arrive )
that it would be here either yesterday or the day before.  It is still not processed and shipped out.  Its still at his post office on arrival scan, still no departure.  

10/10 ebayer.  

You should post this as his new negative feedback. This guy obviously has a problem. I also wonder how much of his positive feedback is real?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back