Was I wrong in giving this ebayer NEGATIVE feedback?
Jun 14, 2010 at 3:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 41

swbf2cheater

Headphoneus Supremus
I purchased his item on June 4th which was a Friday, I expected the item to be shipped monday or tuesday at the latest.  He said in the description it was ready to go and was tested before hand 

Tuesday comes and he says it will be shipped today and will get me the tracking number, that was the 8th of june.  I say awesome!  The 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, and 13th rolls by...nothing...not even a reply back with that confirmation he promised.  

On June 1st I asked him a few questions and did not get a reply until the 4th, the day i purchased.  I sent a few emails to him over ebay and I only get replies 4+ days later.  So, Friday (7 days later ) I was upset that the package didn't arrive, nor did the tracking number he promised way back on tuesday.  Shipping from his location to mine would take 2-3 days at max even with the slowest usps possible.  He's very close, just out of state.  Friday night I asked him what the hell is going on with of course no reply.  I also see that some other user purchased one of his amps 5 days after me on june 9th, and ALREADY GOT IT and gave him positive feedback!!!!  I waited until sunday to get him negative feedback because it might come on saturday, and i will really be nice and give him that extra day to explain.  He didn't.
Edit: the auction from the other user winning ended on MAY 9th

Sunday night I gave him negative feedback and less than 10 minutes later I get a reply out of him asking me why I gave him negative feedback and what he can to do set it right.  He said I might receive it on Tuesday or Wednsday the 16th of june?  ( with the ? in there, meaning he didn't even ship it yet )

I said your ad was misleading to begin with, as you said it was assembled and ready.  Then you take 4+ days to reply to me and said that on tuesday JUNE 8th, the item will be shipped.  Its now June 14 and it hasnt been shipped yet.  I check your feedback and a user purchased one of your amps on the 9th of june, 5 days after me.  HE ALREADY GOT IT AND GAVE YOU POSITIVE FEEDBACK!?!?! You didn't even ship mine yet...its 10 days after I purchased it! Edit: that auction ended may 9th, not june 9th, so actually this should have been a warning sign to me that this user is slower than a turtle in getting things out to his buyers

Its the first time I ever gave someone negative feedback and they came back asking why.  The guy has a few hundred feedback posts with only 1 negative feedback, now he has 2.  I had a fit of sadness for him for a few minutes this morning, but 99% of the rest of the time I feel he deserved it.  Was I wrong ?

lol...i hate ebay

Jun 14, 2010 at 3:38 PM Post #2 of 41
I think it's borderline.  The guy should have been more responsive, no doubt, and I would never treat people who buy from me on EBay the way he treated you (and that's why I have a 100% positive feedback rating...).  At the same time, I would have given one warning first - it wasn't THAT long a time period, and life does sometimes get in the way. 

I have actually never left a negative feedback for anyone, in more than 1,000 EBay transactions - but I have used the THREAT of negative feedback several times.  The thing is, once you;ve already left the negative, you've lost your leverage.  Your only weapon has been fired already.  The guy can now completely abuse you for the rest of the transaction, and there isn't really anything more you can do about it.

Anyway, just my $.02, since you asked, and I am at an airport, bored
biggrin.gif

Jun 14, 2010 at 3:40 PM Post #3 of 41
He actually replied to me a few minutes ago and thinks I need to revise my negative feedback on him.  I said no because your ad clearly said it was tested for 24 hours before and anyone who is human would assume ok great its ready to go then!  Not the case at all here, its 11 days later and its still not shipped.

I should be well within my rights to post negative feedback

Jun 14, 2010 at 3:48 PM Post #4 of 41
You should tell him you'll "consider" changing your feedback once you get your amp!!!!!

Jun 14, 2010 at 4:21 PM Post #5 of 41
^ thats a great idea

but im trying to get it removed, It was justified and i spoke to multiple agents about it and all said yes, it was merited
however i dont trust this guy, he seems like the type who will sue me over it

EDIT:  I edited this so he can read this.  Now that you got me to change and revise my feedback and ebay told me it cannot be changed again, you are unable to take me to court so I can now provide other people with the truth of this transaction, your lies, and your immensely spitefully slow shipping.  I have not listed your name for legal reasons.  You're user name will not be listed

Jun 14, 2010 at 4:28 PM Post #7 of 41
if you ruin someones business with 100% positive feedback with 1 negative feedback they feel to not be justified ( it was ) they can take you to court and force you to change it

definitely not something to lol over

Jun 14, 2010 at 4:40 PM Post #8 of 41
frown.gif
That would get a NEGATIVE FEEDBACK FROM ME,  When  someone promises, they should keep it or at least get back with you ASAP.....This JMO   Don't feel bad about your input......

Jun 14, 2010 at 4:54 PM Post #9 of 41
We live in a crazy world and I dont trust people.  I'd rather have him send me a feedback revision request and remove the stress from the possibility he is a nut bar and will take me to court.  Based on the intensity of his original reply I am assuming he is in fact...a giant nut bar

Jun 15, 2010 at 8:20 PM Post #10 of 41
updated news

He did in fact sway me into revising his feedback to positive, in fear of him being a crazy person and having my home address and the ability to anything he wishes to me :[

He also said he wanted to make things right and said he would refund me the shipping.  He hasn't, and has not replied since sunday night.  He also sent the package finally, I got the notification on late monday afternoon, guess how he shipped it?  Slowest USPS possible.  Even after all that delay, he shipped it a method that cost less than what I actually paid for.

I purchased an LOD for the sansa fuze from China on the same day, its going to get here tomorrow, and it sat in china being processed, not shipped out yet, for days.  Shipped slowest standard international possible.  Unbelievable, rofl.

awesome....ebay rocks, we should all use it more often and pay more fees!

Jun 15, 2010 at 11:10 PM Post #11 of 41
I'd be very tempted to leave negative feedback if that happened to me but I'd wait until I had received my goods before making the final decision.

If the guy's a total nut job, I think we need his details here so we can at least try to avoid him.

Jun 16, 2010 at 8:26 AM Post #13 of 41
You can't be sued for leaving negative feedback. That's a bunch of horse s**t

Jun 16, 2010 at 8:54 AM Post #14 of 41

Quote:
I'd be very tempted to leave negative feedback if that happened to me but I'd wait until I had received my goods before making the final decision.

If the guy's a total nut job, I think we need his details here so we can at least try to avoid him.

There's no way I'll leave feedback until the deal has concluded. I think this seller needs a neg so the rest of us can see it. Every delay I've experienced has been caused by lazy sellers.

Jun 16, 2010 at 6:55 PM Post #15 of 41
Thats why Ive posted this here.  The guy didn't at all seem same.  He lied through is teeth to me repeatedly.  Lies as they appeared in order

-ad said the item was tested and working, ready to go
-said item would be shipped tuesday the 9th, and id get a tracking number
( inquired June 11th about the lack of reply or shipping confirmation)
It is now 9 days later with no reply or item shipped
He immediately replies as soon as he gets the feedback and is very upset but says he will do anything to fix it and i am wrong by doing this and must revise.  I spoke to ebay agents to see if i was wrong, all of them told it me is justified.  The delay in replies is enough for negative feedback.  The manner of his weird replies and inability to keep any of his promises lead me to believe he is crazy, or not at all trustworthy.  He has all positive feedback, hundreds of them.  Mine would be the first negative, 
-said i could get a refund on shipping 
-Item is shipped on monday and will be here tuesday or wednsday the the 15th or 16th.  I got the confirmation it was shipped on monday.  The USPS tracking number is still pending to receive information 3 days later.  It should at least have been tracked through one post office, it hasnt.  He shipped it the slowest shipping imaginable even after all of this, even after I was nice enough to provide him with a revised feedback 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back