Warwick Acoustics APERIO and BRAVURA
Jul 2, 2023 at 9:20 AM Post #346 of 857
Still very curious about Bravura though.

You can listen to the Bravura at the fair 'World of Headphones' in Essen (Germany), 12-13 August 2023 - HighEndSociety.de.

In Essen (Germany), you can also listen to the Bravura/Aperio at the German distributor Audiodomain.de by appointment.

The CanJam Europe takes place 07-08 October 2023 in Darmstadt (Germany) - Kopfhoerer.de.

Remark about the T+A Solitaire P: if it's too dark (warm) sounding, try the Ultra Wide Earpads (instead of the stock pads).

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2023 at 11:40 AM Post #347 of 857
Guess I made the right call then. My issue with many higher end headphones ist that many gernes and recordings lack much needed weight and bass. Susvara was superb on some vocal pop, jazz and country, folk recordings and barely listenable to me for rock and bass heavy electronic music. Still very curious about Bravura though.
Before being aware of WarWick I had placed an order for the Susvaras the dealer had just picked up the WarWick line and had the Bravura system in the store I gave them a listen . For the price alone for the Susvaras the Bravura system made me rethink where I was going with my headphone investment that included the purchase of the Susvaras I was hitting just over the $25K mark with no guarantee I would be content and satisfied in the long term ,.

It’s easy to get caught up in this hobby forgetting to enjoy music over constantly chasing sonics anyway my personal taste I think the Bravura system are a great all rounder and with a retail price of $6500.00 USD for the package I can ignore their minor flaws .

Jul 2, 2023 at 11:47 AM Post #348 of 857
Before being aware of WarWick I had placed an order for the Susvaras the dealer had just picked up the WarWick line and had the Bravura system in the store I gave them a listen . For the price alone for the Susvaras the Bravura system made me rethink where I was going with my headphone investment that included the purchase of the Susvaras I was hitting just over the $25K mark with no guarantee I would be content and satisfied in the long term ,.

It’s easy to get caught up in this hobby forgetting to enjoy music over constantly chasing sonics anyway my personal taste I think the Bravura system are a great all rounder and with a retail price of $6500.00 USD for the package I can ignore their minor flaws .
Yeah totally, its very easy to overspend without getting what you are looking for. Auditioning and comparing pricier stuff with cheaper solutions is the key.
But I am just a audiphile melomane addict that enjoys technology and design, so dont mind me. Right now I am looking into trying e-stats. Currently super happy with my holo may / bliss / tube setup with the headphones I have, probably should sell some, since Caldera and AC are getting most of the listening time. I like to tinker with stuff thats why I am not big fan of allround solutions since those are often limiting, still Bravura seem to offer A LOT of value.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2023 at 11:55 AM Post #349 of 857
Guess I made the right call then. My issue with many higher end headphones ist that many gernes and recordings lack much needed weight and bass. Susvara was superb on some vocal pop, jazz and country, folk recordings and barely listenable to me for rock and bass heavy electronic music. Still very curious about Bravura though.
I will say the Bravura has bass note weight just not as much as the Caldera, D8K Pro, and certainly not a TC.

Jul 2, 2023 at 12:06 PM Post #350 of 857
Right now I am looking into trying e-stats.
if you are exploring e-stats AND are focused on bass and note weight, just realize that on that path “there be dragons”. Besides the Bravura, there are not a lot of “affordable” e-stat options which achieve good to great bass. A Stax paired with an Eksonic T2 or Aeras, Headamp BHSE, or higher tier Mjolnir builds etc. can do it but that is a high to very (very) high barrier to entry. And thus I personally stopped midway up that climb having seen (heard) the summit at shows, sold the Stax setup, and got a Bravura.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2023 at 2:37 PM Post #351 of 857
Try Abyss with Mitch neutral filter. I love opera and rock - sold all other headphones after trying Ab1266 with convolution.

Oh wow. But did you try all the other ones with his filter too?

Jul 2, 2023 at 5:12 PM Post #352 of 857
Oh wow. But did you try all the other ones with his filter too?
I didn't see a reason for this. Before I started using filters, I had Susvara, SolP and Abyss. Technically, the AB1266 is the most advanced headphones - the biggest soundstage, the most dynamic sound. The only problem was their tonal balance, which is perfect for rock and metal, but not so good for vocals and live music. I needed other headphones just for the sake of a different tuning, better suited for classical music.

With convolution filters headphones have flat response and I’m listening with tonal balance which was intended at recording/mixing stage. Took some time to get used to it, but now I’m happy. Without headphone specific coloration I’m hearing each recording differently, which is great IMO.

Jul 2, 2023 at 5:39 PM Post #353 of 857
if you are exploring e-stats AND are focused on bass and note weight, just realize that on that path “there be dragons”. Besides the Bravura, there are not a lot of “affordable” e-stat options which achieve good to great bass. A Stax paired with an Eksonic T2 or Aeras, Headamp BHSE, or higher tier Mjolnir builds etc. can do it but that is a high to very (very) high barrier to entry. And thus I personally stopped midway up that climb having seen (heard) the summit at shows, sold the Stax setup, and got a Bravura.
I've heard all the recent Stax now, and L500 is my clear favorite. I heard it at AXPONA and thought L700 would be better, then I finally heard L700 at CanJam and felt it was a departure. I don't think Stax come close to the precision and accuracy that Warwicks can do, but I find the tuning and balance of L500 very enjoyable all-around, for a mere $830.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2023 at 5:45 PM Post #354 of 857
I've heard all the recent Stax now, and L500 is my clear favorite. I heard it at AXPONA and thought L700 would be better, then I finally heard L700 at CanJam and felt it was a departure. I don't think Stax come close to the precision and accuracy that Warwicks can do, but I find the tuning and balance of L500 very enjoyable all-around, for a mere $830.
Haven’t heard the L500. What energizer?

Jul 2, 2023 at 5:48 PM Post #355 of 857
The Bravura is not as as good of an all-rounder as the Susvara is. It lacks some bass extension and is also a tad more energetic up top. Additionally the Bravura is also a bit more edgy than the Susvara which I personally did not like over time.

With the DSP integrated in the amp, WW has much better tonality than most of the Stax I have heard. They don't have the typical 1KHZ peak and other flaws.

Jul 2, 2023 at 7:49 PM Post #357 of 857
Haven’t heard the L500. What energizer?
The one I personally would get, LTA Z10E, and Viva Egoista STX. For X9000/Corina, I heard on different versions of Grand Cayman, and of course BHSE. Never heard a Stax amp, besides the awful 252S with L300.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2023 at 11:03 AM Post #358 of 857
The Bravura is not as as good of an all-rounder as the Susvara is. It lacks some bass extension and is also a tad more energetic up top. Additionally the Bravura is also a bit more edgy than the Susvara which I personally did not like over time.

With the DSP integrated in the amp, WW has much better tonality than most of the Stax I have heard. They don't have the typical 1KHZ peak and other flaws.
I for myself like the Bravura’s more then the Susvara. Both are great but Bravura s tonality is darker which I really love plus they are more forgiving in bad records.

Jul 3, 2023 at 2:09 PM Post #359 of 857
I for myself like the Bravura’s more then the Susvara. Both are great but Bravura s tonality is darker which I really love plus they are more forgiving in bad records.
Agree , I don’t mind the low end at all ,i can understand if you have a steady diet of heavy metal dance or Trance that beat demands low end thump though choose a dynamic headphone ,.

Jul 4, 2023 at 4:26 PM Post #360 of 857
It sounds very powerful. It handles the harsh treble intensity of Rob Zombie like there is no intensity, and just listenable smoothness. It has vivid, very dimensional imaging that made instruments in tracks(Ozzy) pop out and make all my hairs stand up like no other headphone at AXPONA or CanJam did. Nothing else was even close.

Susvara sounds very clean, clear, correct and pretty boring, similar to HE-1 and just like HE1000SE. Not a lot of meat on the bones. Nothing beats the Warwicks in technical performance, but they don't offer as good of an overall listening experience as the RAAL, unless you're an electronic genre freak. RAAL also just sounds different than anything else, which is extremely refreshing in this stale, old headphone world.

Then I wonder why the Aperio on this track the transducer strikes/distorts at 95 db 😉

Or with many other Tracks 🤪

Mids and highs are easy for the transducer,but when it gets faster or full bass comes then I smile and i am glad to have a Stealth, and I'm not even talking about my HE1....A whole other league, provided you test with all genres above 90 db 😉
The one who owns the Stealth will get with the right amp (one of them is the Zähl) into a completely different performance to which an Aperio will never come close...because the Transducer is not built for it
(And this is only my own humble opinion that does not have to coincide with anyone else)

NOMAX

PS.lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back