Warwick Acoustics APERIO and BRAVURA
Apr 16, 2023 at 5:58 AM Post #286 of 861
That's awesome, dude! Just because they cost more than I'd be comfortable paying at the moment, that doesn't lessen their magnificence. My friend just got a custom Mercedes G-Class, and I won't be buying one, but I can appreciate his vehicle.

I think sometimes people have a tendency to find flaws with things that are out of their price range.

I’m thinking about getting the Bravura. I listen to a lot of classical music, and it sounds like it might be what I'm looking for. Huge step up from my Audeze LCD-2 :)

However, I'm not very knowledgeable about this topic, so I was hoping you guys might be able to offer some advice.

I'd like to use my A&K SP3000 DAP as my initial source. It has USB-C, 4.4mm and 2.5mm balanced, as well as a 3.5mm port that apparently has both standard single-ended output and 3.5mm optical output (3.5mm).

I also plan on setting up my laptop as a player. It's a new Windows 10 laptop with the typical USB-A and USB-C ports.

Any advice you can provide would be greatly appreciated!
The Bravura’s are great for classical music. I listen a lot to opera and the bravura delivers. they are perfect for classic, jazz, progressive rock, they are better then the Stax 009 which I owned before. built wise they are top.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2023 at 10:06 PM Post #287 of 861
Went to AXPONA this weekend with one thing in mind, Warwick Acoustics and they absolutely did not disappoint. While shows like these aren’t the best way to audition them, it’s good to see Warwick Acoustic that the same way and came with their fancy sound proofed listening cube. There was no pressure having the most eart-time I could possibly have with them as their booth was all the way in the backend and foot traffic to their booth table were mostly passing through which was unfortunate yet works for me.

What an experience!!

E0B6C67F-5465-420A-8E45-F26AFD5A10A6.jpeg

Apr 16, 2023 at 10:25 PM Post #288 of 861
I was there today as well. Hanging out near the Warwick booth. I let my 9 year old son listen to both the Bravura (silver) and the Aperio (black). He said he liked the black one a lot more. His hearing is way better than mine so his assessment must be true.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2023 at 10:48 PM Post #289 of 861
I was there today as well. Hanging out near the Warwick booth. I let my 9 year old son listen to both the Bravura (silver) and the Aperio (black). He said he liked the black one a lot more. His hearing is way better than mine so his assessment must be true.
Aperio is the way to go. It was evidently superior of the two setup.

Apr 16, 2023 at 10:50 PM Post #290 of 861
I was using Moondance as my test track and that was just great. I don’t think I can part with the 300B and the Mola Mola to fund an Aperio but I may weaken in time.

Apr 16, 2023 at 11:05 PM Post #292 of 861
I'm very interested in the Bravura.
Well, they are great. I sold my Stax 009S setup to buy one and have no regrets. Not that a Stax setup cannot best the Bravura but not without well exceeding the Bravura’s price point (for example with a 009S + BHSE, Eksonic Aeras or T2, or a Mjolnir Carbon but even after that you still need a great DAC).

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2023 at 11:45 PM Post #293 of 861
Well, they are great. I sold my Stax 009S setup to buy one and have no regrets. Not that a Stax setup cannot best the Bravura but not without well exceeding the Bravura’s price point (for example with a 009S + BHSE, Eksonic Aeras or T2, or a Mjolnir Carbon but even after that you still need a great DAC).
Nice! I’m thinking of getting the Bravura, too. How do you have yours set up? I’m thinking of using my SP3000 as a source with a 4.4mm-> RCA cable

Apr 16, 2023 at 11:48 PM Post #294 of 861
Nice! I’m thinking of getting the Bravura, too. How do you have yours set up? I’m thinking of using my SP3000 as a source with a 4.4mm-> RCA cable
Mine is fed via USB from a Lumin U2 Mini dedicated streamer. The Lumin is fed via Ethernet from a Mac running Qobuz. I’ve been upsampling to 384 within the Lumin but the setup sounds great w/ or w/o upsampling.

Apr 17, 2023 at 4:27 AM Post #295 of 861
That’s a great idea. most people who spend that kind of money are over 40 and have a hearing loose so that’s a kind of irony :)

Apr 18, 2023 at 4:10 AM Post #296 of 861
It's nice to hear more and more people get to experience Warwick products. I wrote some impressions from socal canjam last year, and hope folks enjoy reading it.

Bravura is very, very good; on par with the best estat chain I ever heard (X9000, Blue Hawaii, etc). Aperio takes everything to the next level by a fairly big margin. "Eerily real" is the words I kept thinking while listening. Every song gets turned into a binaural recording (if you have experienced those, you know what I'm saying). But that kind of sound may not be for everyone, and may not be a good choice especially for non-critical listening sessions. My WA33 + AHB2 + Susvara, for example, gives a more typical "audiophile sound" - plenty of details, huge soundstage, visceral bass, full and lush across the spectrum. But it's not eerily real.

Warwick Aperio: my favorite experience at Canjam. Eerily lifelike. Left all other systems in the dust. It messes with my head as I keep thinking the sound is not coming from the headphones but from the real physical space, like the usual saying “as if you are in the room with the musicians”. This does it better than anything else I experienced.

IMG_2266 Large.jpeg

Warwick Bravura: This caught me off guard and led me to audition Aperio. I was going through quite a few high end systems like Red October, DCS Lina, feliks audio envy, spirit torino valkyria, but when I tried Bravura at Moon Audio's booth, I immediately thought this one is doing something different. On the second day, I paid a lot more attention on Bravura. Funny thing is there were 3 Bravura on the show (Warwick glass room, Headphones.com, Moon Audio) and they all sound a little different. Sound quality: warwick glass room > moon audio > headphones.com. This is probably due to a combination of ambient noise and power conditions. The Warwick glass room one gives me a touch more realness than Susvara on any chain I’ve heard, whereas the one at headphones.com booth sounds blurry and dull. Vocals are always phenomenal - among the best out of anything I heard. It competes with combos like HD600 on Ampsandsound Nautilus or X9000 on BHSE. Bass sounds correct but not very exciting - certainly not dynamic like Utopia, impactful like Abyss, or tactile like Susvara. If you are a basshead you probably want more.

IMG_2227 Large.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2023 at 11:40 AM Post #297 of 861
Bravura is arriving Monday! I’m thinking of running HQPlayer on my Win 10 desktop that will be hooked up to the Sonoma M1 with USB and using the iOS remote control app so I can play my DSDs and FLACs

I wonder if they make convolver filters for the Bravura…

Hmm… thinking of doing Roon. Setting it up on my Win10 PC and then moving it to my Synology NAS when I get it in a few months. I could also use it for streaming my collection to my various devices in the hizzle

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2023 at 12:59 PM Post #300 of 861
Wow, nice! I'm going to be using my SP3000 as a source for a while. Moon made a 4.4mm balanced to dual RCA cable for me, which is arriving tomorrow. This way, I can use the DAP DAC instead of the one in the Sonoma.
I don't believe you can bypass the DAC in the Bravura like you can in the Aperio. So if you use analog in on the Bravura, it will go through and ADC and then DAC conversion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back