Warning Signs of HeadFi Addiction
Feb 18, 2010 at 7:22 AM Post #61 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by MomijiTMO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
THERE IS NO HOPE!!!

Oh and still raging on your ~$515 bid on the T3H. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrRRrrRRrr

/dies

hey, how did you know that?? but anyway.. haha!

Oh, and I'm going to offload some stax soon.. to make room for my new stax kit. Want to try some of stats??

Feb 18, 2010 at 10:39 AM Post #62 of 102
Quote:

I spend too much money on this stupid hobby.

I want out.

frown.gif

Once you're in, you cant get out
very_evil_smiley.gif

So far i have been able to control the upgraditus very well.
Maybe its the fact that i've been waiting for my GS-1 for 2.5 months now.

Feb 18, 2010 at 10:51 AM Post #63 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stitch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Once you're in, you cant get out
very_evil_smiley.gif

So far i have been able to control the upgraditus very well.
Maybe its the fact that i've been waiting for my GS-1 for 2.5 months now.

That can be a sobering experience. Another powerful one is when you spend a lot on a particular can and find it not really better than your far less expensive ones. It's even more potent when you feel you made a retrograde step doing so!!!

I waited close to 6 months for my SR325is to be Magnum modified and that was also sobering.

Feb 18, 2010 at 11:15 AM Post #64 of 102
mods are fine and everything mate, but sometimes I wonder we pay so much for the headphones, and then someone opens this shop selling you your own headphones altered in some way, apparently its supposed to sound better whatever that means, but if you didn't enjoy the sound of your headphones wouldn't you not buy it in the first place.

The thing that is happening is we are changing the actual proprietary or trademark sound that is associated with that headphone.

Anyone agrees

Feb 18, 2010 at 11:20 AM Post #65 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by kunalraiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
mods are fine and everything mate, but sometimes I wonder we pay so much for the headphones, and then someone opens this shop selling you your own headphones altered in some way, apparently its supposed to sound better whatever that means, but if you didn't enjoy the sound of your headphones wouldn't you not buy it in the first place.

The thing that is happening is we are changing the actual proprietary or trademark sound that is associated with that headphone.

Anyone agrees

I certainly don't.

To your first paragraph: What makes the man who opens a shop selling alterations to a particular headphone any less legitimate that one who opens a shop selling a headphone with it's own name, which is based on the same design as another out there and which is now modified to look different??

To your second paragraph/comment: My first comment has some bearing on it as well as considering the question of why do we tend to buy more than one can??

What makes getting a new can different from modifying a currently owned one.

Finally, what's so real and concrete about a 'trademark sound' that a customer would wish to protect? The only reason I'd wish to protect that sound is to preserve my warranty period.

Feb 18, 2010 at 11:24 AM Post #66 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjinh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey, how did you know that?? but anyway.. haha!

Oh, and I'm going to offload some stax soon.. to make room for my new stax kit. Want to try some of stats??

I didn't delete the item. Waited to see who left rep and BAM it was you lol.

Feb 18, 2010 at 11:07 PM Post #67 of 102
Quote:

I do this every single time I see anyone wearing headphones... so where's the rehab clinic??

So that's you I see checking out all us headphone-wearers on the train each day!

Quote:

I was in a shop the other day that had the HD800 and a load of stax on display. I was tempted by a demo of the omegas, but was deterred by their ridiculous price tag. Maybe there is some hope.

Nothing wrong with just trying the O2s...really...
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 19, 2010 at 7:49 AM Post #68 of 102
Quote:

I didn't delete the item. Waited to see who left rep and BAM it was you lol.

so were you bidding? anyway, what I paid for it was still a couple of hundred dollars less than my max bid - i suppose just wanted it more than you!
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by webbie64 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So that's you I see checking out all us headphone-wearers on the train each day!

Nothing wrong with just trying the O2s...really...
tongue_smile.gif

i rarely catch the train now so it cant be me (unless you see someone wearing es7s holding a grado hardcase). But on that note I've only ever see bose, more bose, skullcandy and other crap on the train. I've seen this guy with hd595 a couple of times, I always lol at that.

Feb 19, 2010 at 7:59 AM Post #69 of 102
Quote:

so were you bidding? anyway, what I paid for it was still a couple of hundred dollars less than my max bid - i suppose just wanted it more than you!
tongue.gif

Yeah you did and I hope you enjoy it. BTW, I wasn't angry hehe
tongue.gif

Feb 19, 2010 at 8:17 AM Post #70 of 102
Quote:

Yeah you did and I hope you enjoy it. BTW, I wasn't angry hehe
tongue.gif

well i wish it had a lower gain - seriously i think i'd go deaf if i turn the volume up to like 20%

Feb 19, 2010 at 12:51 PM Post #71 of 102
Quote:

i rarely catch the train now so it cant be me (unless you see someone wearing es7s holding a grado hardcase). But on that note I've only ever see bose, more bose, skullcandy and other crap on the train. I've seen this guy with hd595 a couple of times, I always lol at that.

Have to agree it's rare to spot any decent headphones out there. I've also spotted the occasional HD model out there too LOL. Mostly a plethora of buds and occasional Bose/Skulls though, as you say. Occasionally a half decent looking IEM too - but it is also hard to tell what exactly they are from a distance.
rolleyes.gif

Feb 19, 2010 at 1:51 PM Post #74 of 102
^ Pays for what? Therapy? What sort of therapy?

There are many mental diseases that are in abundance but aren't recognised as such. A hobby that empties your pockets, makes balancing payments difficult and which alienates one from one's family and friends isn't so uncommon.
smily_headphones1.gif
Head-fi is just one of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back