WARNING: Fake IE8s! Comparison pictures included!!
Nov 9, 2013 at 11:48 AM Post #1,159 of 1,210
Let's face it all you IE8 & 80's prospective owners:

What ever you *think* you are saving by buying cheaper from an un-Authorized Sennheiser Dealer will be lost in the anxiety you WILL have wondering if you really bought fakes!

Fakes are so good there is no sure way to ever know 100% that what you bought is the real deal. The only positively fool proof technique is to buy from a Sennheiser Dealer who would lose his licence if he sold fakes.

Think about it: if a customer ever returned his IEM's to Sennheiser for warranty reasons, they ask where they were bought from.....not something an real Sennheiser Dealer would ever risk.

Nov 9, 2013 at 12:58 PM Post #1,161 of 1,210
A fake can cost 30$, not a big hit but with so many IEMs out there with good quality I don't see a reason to even consider those as an option. Everyone will think yours are fake anyway.

I once bought a fake IE8 to compare it with the real one, and for $30 I thought it sounded great.. Not enough soundstage to match the authentic IE8's, but it got the sound signature just right and just lacks a bit of the highs detailing the real IE8 had. Didn't look fake, it had that red wire, detachable cables, correct wire length and the silicon in the y-split. The only indications that it was fake are the foam, the missing magnet on the case, and the serial number.

I must have gotten a good quality fake... But it broke after 3 months under my sister's use. :p

Nov 16, 2013 at 11:13 PM Post #1,162 of 1,210
Hi all,

I posted in this thread a week or two ago regarding some ie8s I got as a gift. They were fake. Since then I've ordered ie80s from amazon.de out of curiosity ($304 AUD with shipping) and were able to ascertain what breaks the deal with the fakes. The case. I can't really compare the phones themselves because they're different models, but we haven't really focused on the case as one of the most important factors in determining authenticity until the last few pages, so I'm posting a few comparison pics to help fellow owners of ie8/80s with their anxiety. Also, since there are different level of quality for the fakes, ymmv :D

No permission for inline images, so album is here: http://imgur.com/a/4FrDg

Nov 28, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #1,166 of 1,210
Sep 21, 2014 at 5:39 AM Post #1,169 of 1,210
Hi friends

I have won the bidding on this IE8s : http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sennheiser-IE8-/141402471403?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=q1Ah4XHFe7KhSrzpik1ifNKeXJc%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

What do you think? Are these real deal?
I will send payment if these are real,  the "S" logo on the iems and foam of the box looks original compared to fakes.

Sep 21, 2014 at 6:47 AM Post #1,170 of 1,210
recepky, hello again.. I'm that seller ^^

Like I wrote in the auction text, Sennheiser identified them as non-fake. I trust their judgement and that's why I dare advertising them in the way I did. Here's two more photo's that you've requested on eBay. Those letters don't seem angled to me and it's not overly red inside either so this does not correspond with what's been said in the OP. Right now, like you, I am not sure anymore to be honest so let's wait what people in here can tell us about this pair. As far as your other question goes concerning how they sound, I did not even listen two minutes. I wanted to try an in-ear but it's just an awful thing to me lol.

More pictures can be added.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back