WARNING: Fake IE8s! Comparison pictures included!!
Apr 17, 2010 at 4:37 PM Post #511 of 1,210
Quote:

Originally Posted by bolinao /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello,got mine of ebay about 2 weeks ago and after i found this thread ,i checked out mine and its seems they were fake,as they had no red chip on the right phone and the L/R were not slanty.But the rest seemed authentic.
I sent a message to the seller asking him about this and this is what he said:
"We've been told that the OEM do not have the chipwire, which is correct. We can assure you these were bought from the manufacturer for SENNHEISER, or else we wouldn't state that in the listing. We package them into BULK PACKAGING, which saves you the extra cost. The slanted L/R is a lie, as I bought a pair from APPLE ( Cost me over $500 ), just to see the difference for myself, before I went ahead and sold these.

Thanks!
".
I admit though they do sound awesome,but not sure as i have never heard real IE8's before.The plastic seal seemed proper without any tape ,seemed professionally sealed.
So what is your opinion guys,have i been had or is it true that OEM dont have the red chip ??,i have also included some pics
thanks

Bolinao I hate to say it but those are fake, end of story and you should ask for a refund. Sennheiser does not sell their IE8 in bulk or OEM and any manufacturer selling IE8 outside of Sennheiser's practices would be fired for breeching their contract. Also if said manufacturer was selling real IE8 they would have the same components as IE8. The fact that the seller acknowledges these are different than the real IE8 means he knows he is selling fakes, no matter how nice a spin he tries to put on it. If he is still selling these on ebay please post a link to the auction so we can read the wording of his auction as he may have it worded in such a way as to be able to claim he has not mislead anyone.

Edit: I just looked at your pics and yup those are FAKE FAKE FAKE. BTW my first pair I bought were fake and the picture of the heaphonejack look alot like that pair, as does the back of the IEM itself. I can tell you from experience they sound NOTHING like the real IE8 which I bought after getting a refund.

Apr 17, 2010 at 7:24 PM Post #514 of 1,210
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mambosenior /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Love this part of the description, and in big type, also: “...Bulk Packaging (Similar to Real).”

It means “like the real packaging,” NOT “the real packaging.” Should ring the alarm folks.

Yes ,i strange thing is they didnt come in bulk packaging,they came in real fake packaging
confused_face.gif
if you get what i mean.
Also not sure if it is allowed,but can someone post ebay links to sellers that sell real IE8's,so i dont buy fake ones again thanks

Apr 17, 2010 at 8:17 PM Post #515 of 1,210
Call Sennheiser and get an email from them stating they have no OEM sales of their product and use that as part of your claim with Ebay/PayPal and contact the seller at the same time. If the seller says you were supposed to return them in 7 days then use Ebay/Paypal's claim process based on the seller's false claim of genuine Sennheiser products. I will bet the seller give you a refund to protect his ebay selling rights.

Razordog sells real IE8 on Ebay I believe.

If your in US/Canada also check out NCIX, they are definitely authorized and have fairly reasonable prices.

Apr 17, 2010 at 8:45 PM Post #516 of 1,210
Just a quick note, start the claim process with Ebay now as well as contacting the seller. While your doing that contact Sennheiser by phone and have them send you the email confirming they don't sell OEM versions of their headphones. That way your not waiting for their email before you get started.

Good luck, I hope you get your money back.

Apr 17, 2010 at 8:49 PM Post #517 of 1,210
Quote:

Originally Posted by bolinao /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello,got mine of ebay about 2 weeks ago and after i found this thread ,i checked out mine and its seems they were fake,as they had no red chip on the right phone and the L/R were not slanty.But the rest seemed authentic.
I sent a message to the seller asking him about this and this is what he said:
"We've been told that the OEM do not have the chipwire, which is correct. We can assure you these were bought from the manufacturer for SENNHEISER, or else we wouldn't state that in the listing. We package them into BULK PACKAGING, which saves you the extra cost. The slanted L/R is a lie, as I bought a pair from APPLE ( Cost me over $500 ), just to see the difference for myself, before I went ahead and sold these.

Thanks!
".
I admit though they do sound awesome,but not sure as i have never heard real IE8's before.The plastic seal seemed proper without any tape ,seemed professionally sealed.
So what is your opinion guys,have i been had or is it true that OEM dont have the red chip ??,i have also included some pics
thanks
http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/1352/33719568.jpg
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/9246/38311710.jpg
http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/7206/57585349.jpg
http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/1100/33111176.jpg

Looks fake to me.

Seriously people, don't buy any IE8 that's in different packaging/"OEM"/re-packaged/etc. Sennheiser doesn't sell IE8s that are different models or have different packaging/missing accessories. Just buy from an authorized brick-and-mortar store for retail price and save yourself the trouble.

Apr 17, 2010 at 10:39 PM Post #518 of 1,210
Thanks guys,i am in Australia and Sennheiser don`t have a store here to contact,but there site directs me to a Distributors/Service Partner in Australia,which i will phone first thing tomorrow morning(its Sunday here now).I have sent the seller a email asking for as refund,i will wait his response today.Also dweaver the seller razordog has only 1 feedback and has nothing for sale,so im not sure if thats who you meant.

Apr 17, 2010 at 11:08 PM Post #519 of 1,210
I may have the name mixed up, here is a link from head-fi that someone posted
Deal of the Day — RazorDog! Deals his price has changed though so there may other authorized resellers you can get these from for a better price.

I bought mine from NCIX for $350 plus shipping and taxes.

Apr 18, 2010 at 2:40 AM Post #522 of 1,210
All real IE8 wil have that red chip.

Mambosenior that site smell pretty darn fishy to me and if the price is to good to be true it probably is
wink.gif

Apr 18, 2010 at 2:49 AM Post #523 of 1,210
Quote:

Originally Posted by dweaver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All real IE8 wil have that red chip.

Thanks,so does that mean that no fakes at all have the red chip ?,sorry for the stupid questions,but i want to be 100% sure about it.

Apr 18, 2010 at 2:50 AM Post #524 of 1,210
I haven't seen a fake have that chip but if everyone starts to key on that feature I am sure a counterfeiter will start to fake that chip into their design to fool people.

Apr 18, 2010 at 3:14 AM Post #525 of 1,210
Mambosenior, the Amazon US price seems to be pretty reasonable with the added benefit of being sold directly from Amazon, who is an authorized Sennheiser dealer. I have been traveling to the UK recently, and picked up my IE8s from Amazon UK for 162 GBP (about US$270). I am happy with the price given these were sold directly from Amazon, especially as Amazon has published a number of statements about working with Senn on reducing counterfeiting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back