WARNING: Fake IE8s! Comparison pictures included!!
Apr 16, 2010 at 2:53 PM Post #496 of 1,210
Ok, so I dug into my bin, and I found the plastic thing that secures everything inside (the plastic people have trouble removing).

I cut the back strip, but on one side, there is sellotape securing the strap to the other side. I don't know if this is genuine or not? My earphones look genuine.

Apr 16, 2010 at 4:12 PM Post #498 of 1,210
Quote:

Originally Posted by NullZero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, so I dug into my bin, and I found the plastic thing that secures everything inside (the plastic people have trouble removing).

I cut the back strip, but on one side, there is sellotape securing the strap to the other side. I don't know if this is genuine or not? My earphones look genuine.

They look real to me. I saw no things that I could easily identify as fake. Happy listening

Apr 16, 2010 at 5:23 PM Post #499 of 1,210
Quote:

Based on those pictures, looks like you've got the real thing. But only your ears can tell for sure! Listen to them for a week and if the sound changes significantly (for the better), then you probably have genuine Sennheiser IE8s.

Apr 16, 2010 at 7:53 PM Post #500 of 1,210
Uh just got a pair of Sennheiser for 200$ from Ebay, everything is real/looks authentic except for one small little thing. The red wire, there is none. The sound is there- it's sennheiser, and have compared the box and everything with the rest of the pictures in this thread and it's there as well! Well not the R and the bar code of course.

So, do I need a red wire to have a authentic pair of Sennheiser?

Apr 16, 2010 at 8:39 PM Post #501 of 1,210
Quote:

Originally Posted by Teerdz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They look real to me. I saw no things that I could easily identify as fake. Happy listening

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolidVictory /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Based on those pictures, looks like you've got the real thing. But only your ears can tell for sure! Listen to them for a week and if the sound changes significantly (for the better), then you probably have genuine Sennheiser IE8s.

Thank you for the feedback. I feel a little relieved! =]

Apr 16, 2010 at 8:43 PM Post #502 of 1,210
Quote:

Why do amazon like selling things that have been re-packaged!?
I got the same thing bro, i sent it back. Didn't sound good to my ears, but more so, i bought it new no re-packaged or used.
(the metal box inside had scratches on it...)
More so, the manager at sennheiser told me that, that seal shouldn't be cut, or tapered with...
If they sound good keep em, or else call sennheiser or ask for a full refund like i did.

Apr 16, 2010 at 9:38 PM Post #503 of 1,210
Quote:

Originally Posted by Foxxy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Uh just got a pair of Sennheiser for 200$ from Ebay, everything is real/looks authentic except for one small little thing. The red wire, there is none. The sound is there- it's sennheiser, and have compared the box and everything with the rest of the pictures in this thread and it's there as well! Well not the R and the bar code of course.

So, do I need a red wire to have a authentic pair of Sennheiser?

After five hours of listening I'm starting to be convinced these are fake. The bass, where is it? My previous pair blew my head away, these barely touch my head! And the red wire is annoying me as well.

Preparing to write to the seller and ask for a refund.

EDIT2: I'm noticing the sound is getting worse and worse. Is it just me or what is it? It's so dull, as if I was listening to some 64kb file. F. it. I'm going to one of those expensive authorized store tomorrow and getting a pair for 328$. I'm pissed now. I'm going to make him pay for the shipping fee or I'll file an Ebay/Paypal-claim.

Apr 16, 2010 at 10:55 PM Post #504 of 1,210
Quote:

Originally Posted by Foxxy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After five hours of listening I'm starting to be convinced these are fake. The bass, where is it? My previous pair blew my head away, these barely touch my head! And the red wire is annoying me as well.

Preparing to write to the seller and ask for a refund.

EDIT2: I'm noticing the sound is getting worse and worse. Is it just me or what is it? It's so dull, as if I was listening to some 64kb file. F. it. I'm going to one of those expensive authorized store tomorrow and getting a pair for 328$. I'm pissed now. I'm going to make him pay for the shipping fee or I'll file an Ebay/Paypal-claim.

The initial ound should be bassy with poor soundstage and be a bit treble light. As they burn in the bass becomes more manageable, the treble increases and around 30hrs of use/burnin the soundstage start to open up alot. If these don't have alot of bass and do not have the red wire in the right IEM I would suspect you have fakes. My fakes sounded and looked like what you describing especially after getting the real IE8. I would file a claim.

Apr 16, 2010 at 11:22 PM Post #505 of 1,210
Quote:

Originally Posted by dweaver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The initial ound should be bassy with poor soundstage and be a bit treble light. As they burn in the bass becomes more manageable, the treble increases and around 30hrs of use/burnin the soundstage start to open up alot. If these don't have alot of bass and do not have the red wire in the right IEM I would suspect you have fakes. My fakes sounded and looked like what you describing especially after getting the real IE8. I would file a claim.

Exactly, that's what I fell in love with almost a year ago with my first pair. Did you file a claim against your seller who sold you yours the first time? How did it go? Did he give you your many back with the shipping fee?

The thing that disturbs me the most is when people lie to me when I ask them something. Oh well, I better stop being stingy and instead start to open my wallet when it comes to this price range. 80$ saving was to be honest not worth the wait, time and energy.

Strongly suggest other people to buy from authentic stores. Even if it's a bit more money.

Apr 16, 2010 at 11:23 PM Post #506 of 1,210
I lost shiping costs. I agree 100% about buying from authorized sources, the time and money lost if you get fakes plus the uncertainty is just not worth it.

Apr 17, 2010 at 12:32 AM Post #507 of 1,210
Quote:

Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why do amazon like selling things that have been re-packaged!?
I got the same thing bro, i sent it back. Didn't sound good to my ears, but more so, i bought it new no re-packaged or used.
(the metal box inside had scratches on it...)
More so, the manager at sennheiser told me that, that seal shouldn't be cut, or tapered with...
If they sound good keep em, or else call sennheiser or ask for a full refund like i did.

Well that's the thing. Unless they put their own version of plastic in and then used sellotape (which would be a waste of money for imitators), it can't have been repackage, because the edges seem uncut where it is sellotaped (like you have pointed out in your youtube vid).

Regarding the sound, they are ok/good. But I don't know how much better the genuine IE8's would sound if these were indeed fake. I know for sure that these can handle bass quantity so much better than my HD595 cans (some sounds distort the full sized cans, where it does not distort the IEM's, which I tested today).

Perhaps they got really good at faking IE8's? Or I have the real things. I am quite split in my decision.

Apr 17, 2010 at 2:00 AM Post #508 of 1,210
Quote:

Originally Posted by NullZero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well that's the thing. Unless they put their own version of plastic in and then used sellotape (which would be a waste of money for imitators), it can't have been repackage, because the edges seem uncut where it is sellotaped (like you have pointed out in your youtube vid).

Regarding the sound, they are ok/good. But I don't know how much better the genuine IE8's would sound if these were indeed fake. I know for sure that these can handle bass quantity so much better than my HD595 cans (some sounds distort the full sized cans, where it does not distort the IEM's, which I tested today).

Perhaps they got really good at faking IE8's? Or I have the real things. I am quite split in my decision.

Well thanks for the view on yt.
It's completely up to you.
I sent it back because i wasn't happy/wasn't convinced it was real.
More so, the fact that the inner metal carry box, was scratched led me to believe that it was in fact repackaged or used.

I didn't take any sht from amazon, and sent it for a refund immediately.

Was that to happen on ebay, the seller no matter how many ratings he would have would have been suspended.

May the ie8's be fake or real, it doesn't give them the excuse to sell me used products.

Apr 17, 2010 at 4:07 PM Post #509 of 1,210
Hello,got mine of ebay about 2 weeks ago and after i found this thread ,i checked out mine and its seems they were fake,as they had no red chip on the right phone and the L/R were not slanty.But the rest seemed authentic.
I sent a message to the seller asking him about this and this is what he said:
"We've been told that the OEM do not have the chipwire, which is correct. We can assure you these were bought from the manufacturer for SENNHEISER, or else we wouldn't state that in the listing. We package them into BULK PACKAGING, which saves you the extra cost. The slanted L/R is a lie, as I bought a pair from APPLE ( Cost me over $500 ), just to see the difference for myself, before I went ahead and sold these.

Thanks!
".
I admit though they do sound awesome,but not sure as i have never heard real IE8's before.The plastic seal seemed proper without any tape ,seemed professionally sealed.
So what is your opinion guys,have i been had or is it true that OEM dont have the red chip ??,i have also included some pics
thanks
http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/1352/33719568.jpg
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/9246/38311710.jpg
http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/7206/57585349.jpg
http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/1100/33111176.jpg

Apr 17, 2010 at 4:28 PM Post #510 of 1,210
Quote:

Originally Posted by bolinao /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello,got mine of ebay about 2 weeks ago and after i found this thread ,i checked out mine and its seems they were fake,as they had no red chip on the right phone and the L/R were not slanty.But the rest seemed authentic.
I sent a message to the seller asking him about this and this is what he said:
"We've been told that the OEM do not have the chipwire, which is correct. We can assure you these were bought from the manufacturer for SENNHEISER, or else we wouldn't state that in the listing. We package them into BULK PACKAGING, which saves you the extra cost. The slanted L/R is a lie, as I bought a pair from APPLE ( Cost me over $500 ), just to see the difference for myself, before I went ahead and sold these.

Thanks!
".
I admit though they do sound awesome,but not sure as i have never heard real IE8's before.The plastic seal seemed proper without any tape ,seemed professionally sealed.
So what is your opinion guys,have i been had or is it true that OEM dont have the red chip ??,i have also included some pics
thanks

Ebay link, please. If you don't feel comfortable posting it in public, PM me.
Does the seller have other listings? Some sellers have other obvious fake items listed, if so, it's easier to tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back