Want to use E11 as a permanently-plugged-in solution. Ideas?
Apr 22, 2014 at 6:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

imranh101

New Head-Fier
So, I have an old E11 that I used to use when at school and such. No longer at school it hasnt been used for a while. 

Want to use it so I can use headphones w/ TV but that would require me to charge it then un plug it all the time. Would rather just be able to plug it into a USB port on my PS3 or something and have it permanently powered that way. Any way this is possible? I'm handy with a soldering iron.

Apr 22, 2014 at 6:47 PM Post #2 of 3
  So, I have an old E11 that I used to use when at school and such. No longer at school it hasn't been used for a while. 

Want to use it so I can use headphones w/ TV but that would require me to charge it then un plug it all the time. Would rather just be able to plug it into a USB port on my PS3 or something and have it permanently powered that way. Any way this is possible? I'm handy with a soldering iron.

Nope, the E11 can not power headphones and recharge at the same time.
About the only thing you could do is buy and extra battery or two, and a simple AC battery recharger, so while one battery is driving the E11 the other battery is being recharged.
You could sell off the E11 and buy a Schiit Magni ($100) or O2 ($130) headphone amplifier.
Or even a PAV2V (Pocket Amplifier 2 Version 2), sells for around $65 on eBay.

Apr 22, 2014 at 7:18 PM Post #3 of 3
   Nope, the E11 can not power headphones and recharge at the same time.
About the only thing you could do is buy and extra battery or two, and a simple AC battery recharger, so while one battery is driving the E11 the other battery is being recharged.
You could sell off the E11 and buy a Schiit Magni ($100) or O2 ($130) headphone amplifier.
Or even a PAV2V (Pocket Amplifier 2 Version 2), sells for around $65 on eBay.

Just spliced up an extra USB cable and wired pos/neg directly to the battery terminals inside the amp. Light comes on and everything so I think it should work :)

Tested working fine lol, guess I just solved my own problem. Thanks anyways!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back