Want to custom mold TF10. Best source?
Apr 19, 2013 at 11:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Aznboy1993

New Head-Fier
I am looking to get my (hardly used because super uncomfortable) TripleFi 10 custom molded, but I haven't the slightest idea as to where I should get them done. Any suggestions? Also, any input on getting a replacement cable in the process as well?

Apr 20, 2013 at 12:27 AM Post #2 of 12
I used inearz.com myself on a recommendation here on HF. I have not used anyone else and have nothing to compare them to but their work and service is good with a decent turnaround time.

they do offer a cable of their own that is supposed to be better than the stock one (which is not setting the bar very high) but I have not tried it. There are lots of recommendation in tbe TF10 thread on replacements but I used the one from Westone.

Apr 20, 2013 at 7:15 PM Post #6 of 12
If you are willing to shell out a few more bucks, UM makes better moulds. 

Apr 21, 2013 at 12:34 AM Post #9 of 12
I got both my TF10 and JH16 done by Inearz.  They do a great job are fast and friendly and good price too.  Kaysen is very nice and professional.

Apr 21, 2013 at 1:01 AM Post #10 of 12
Quote:
I'm in GA, so InEarZ sounds good for me. I tried looking at the site but it's very confusing. Should I email the guy?

It's not a very well done site.  Look through the color and style options and you have to download and complete the pdf form and send it in with your molds and IEMs. http://www.inearz.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/customIEMs.pdf

You can always give them a call, they're very nice and helpful if you need help with the particulars.

Unique Melody is about $80 more for the molds and $20 for the cords, I believe. Unlike lin0003, I cannot speculate if the extra $ is worth it but I did end up breaking my molds in their 3rd year of usage.  It's probably old for an IEM reshell and I cracked my noggin pretty hard but it may indeed be something to consider if you need something heavy duty.

Apr 21, 2013 at 9:58 AM Post #11 of 12
Definitely Unique Melody.......but there are other cheaper ones you can choose, like null audio or beat audio, etc. I personally think there isn't much difference among them, since they will match the the reshelled's sound trials with your original TF10Pro

Apr 21, 2013 at 10:50 AM Post #12 of 12
An alternative way, that is to remold your TF10 into another universal shell that will be more comfortable, shure 535 casing. It is less costly(approximately $90~100, you dont have to do ear impressions), and higher resale value. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back