want to buy headphones
Mar 1, 2013 at 11:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

avitay18

New Head-Fier
well looking for new headphones between 40-60 dollars. looking for a one that will be good for black ops 2 cause i had siberia v2 and i could not hear ****. also for music and stuff (mainly listening to metal). so any advice guys?

Mar 1, 2013 at 12:56 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:
its not in my price range guys . any another suggestion like akg or sennheiser?

Honestly, to get a glimpse of Hi-Fi quality 70$ is nothing. If you are looking for something a step above crappy apple buds then and need a full sized headphone then this is it. If you don't want to spend 70$ then you should rethink your priorities are look into earphones (which can be expensive as well, but are relatively cheaper). Shop around for a used pair, I've seen them for as low as 40$ for a excellent condition used pair. I guess you could also look into Philips Uptown headphones, but they don't sound good with metal. Any decent sounding AKG/Sennheiser Headphones will be more than 100 except maybe the AKG 240, but again they are "out of your budget".

Mar 1, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:
so headphones like akg 518 and sennheiser 205/212 are bad for my conditions?

Honestly, I can't say. I would do some research on the headphones you are looking at. It might be hard to find reviews and impressions on this site. If you can't stretch atleast 70, than not a lot of people will be able to help you here.

Mar 4, 2013 at 10:26 PM Post #10 of 10
I don't think it's unreasonable to expect great sound in that price range. Not audiophile but good.

The Sennheiser HD201's are a great buy in the $20 range, are over ear, and respond quite well to EQ to take off some rough edges. They have exceptional transparency and build quality, require a little bit of juice to drive well but don't need an amp, and works well with most kinds of music.

I just bought a pair of Sennheiser HD418's as well for $30 that do good justice to metal music but they have veiled highs and a little too much bass.

For the money, save up a little more and get Sony MDR-V6 for ~$75  They are the best headphones you can find for less than $150, sound great, are bomb proof, and their sound is very flat with good detail and a comfortable bass oomph without being boomy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back