Want some recommendations. Monster Turbine Pro Gold/Copper, Shure SE215, other?
Apr 26, 2011 at 12:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

johnnyw

New Head-Fier
Hello all!

Total newbie here. I've done some research around here and read some headphone reviews elsewhere, and I've decided that I'm awfully close to purchasing either the MTPC or MTPG. However, I thought I'd still take a shot and post here to see if I can get some recommendations.

I've owned the Monster Turbine (regular) and Klipsch Image S4, and I currently own a pair of Audio Technica M50s and Sony MDR EX 300. I prefer my headphones to sound energetic and musical, although I also prefer them to have as little sibilance as possible. The Turbines and M50s fit my category perfectly. The Image S4s were the definition of too much sibilance for me, and made my ears bleed.

I'm looking for a decent pair of iems that cost ~$200 or less. I'm also willing to buy secondhand/refurbed. I'm having some trouble deciding between the Coppers and Golds. I hear some people complain that the Coppers can be sibilant at times, but that the Golds could sound too "heavy". Also hear that Golds have too much "bling", but overall, appearance isn't a huge deal to me. I have also seen some positive reviews of the newer Shure SE 215s. How do those compare? Are there recommendations for any other good iems that fit my preferences and price range?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back