Want some earbuds for work..... thinking YUIN
Feb 13, 2011 at 1:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

MrWreckedIt

New Head-Fier
hey guys i am a bit of an audiophile.

i use amped sennheiser sd590 and amped shure sd280 at home

i have some good in ear canal ones for work but i am constantly having to take them out and it annoys me.

id like some YUIN earbuds maybe inside a YURBUD.

i constantly am reading the PK1s need to be amped but it seems to be debatable between the PK3 and PK2. amp is out of the question.

i listen to mostly electronic and hiphop so i like fast punchy bass. should i go with the PK3s? they are cheaper and i am always trying to save money. however if unamped PK2 is that much better i will splurge.

Feb 13, 2011 at 4:38 PM Post #2 of 7
I can't speak to the PK3, but I have previously owned the PK1 and I currently own the PK2.  I had both at the same time and ended up selling my PK1s.  I liked the sound of the PK1 better although I think they had a smaller soundstage.  But the housing was also just a tiny bit smaller and they were a great fit.  However, just like everything you read they are a MOTHER !#@!$##$% to drive!  Too much in the end for me, because I too will not use amps for portable use.  My Walkman S639 would get them loud enough with the volume pushing to over 20, but I could never get the full benefit of all the sound.

The PK2 is really a great earbud in my opinion as far as soundstage and detail.  Mids and highs are really solid.  But they suffer from really anemic bass.  I have just recently found a player that really makes them shine.  that's the Philips GoGear with the Fullsound on.  But every other source I have plugged them into has been very bass weak.  I like strong bass and have always been disappointed with the bass, but the rest of the sound was so good I have kept them and use them quite a lot. 

From what I have read, the bass on the PK3 is probably more prominant. 

Feb 14, 2011 at 5:18 PM Post #3 of 7
well the phillips gogear is what i use to push my buds but i dont think my version has fullsound on it. its pretty damn old. i have some new ipod shuffles too but i mostly use the gogear because i like to switch between fm and music. thanks for the info

Feb 14, 2011 at 5:23 PM Post #4 of 7
The PK3 are excellent sounding earbuds, they remind me somewhat of the Sennheiser HD580/600 with a nice open/air sound. That said they lack bass impact and I use them mainly for classical/folk music. I am not sure of any ear bud that would provide slamming bass, you might want something that creates more of a seal.

Feb 15, 2011 at 3:40 PM Post #6 of 7

Quote:
The PK3 are excellent sounding earbuds, they remind me somewhat of the Sennheiser HD580/600 with a nice open/air sound. That said they lack bass impact and I use them mainly for classical/folk music. I am not sure of any ear bud that would provide slamming bass, you might want something that creates more of a seal.

The regular Sony Extra bass earbuds will be similar.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=sony+extra+bass+earbuds&hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=56m&pwst=1&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:xf_eek:fficial&prmd=ivns&resnum=1&biw=1280&bih=818&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=3354151756939535265&ei=lONaTZ6GBpP2swOKgqWsCg&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=4&ved=0CGwQ8wIwAw#

I've owned the PK3, PK1, and OK1 hoping to get significant sound improvement. I think they in no way justify over 10X cost of the Sonys. Ear buds are just simply an inefficient design, though I love them for the comfort and easy sound. If you have to get a Yuin, I think skip on the PK3. They aren't much better than the Sonys. The cymbals on the PK3 sounded so metallic and inaccurate that it made no sense to me to buy them over the Sonys. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back