Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - :ok_hand: screenless budget killer combo DAP/Amp :ok_hand:
Feb 2, 2017 at 11:26 PM Post #1,802 of 3,631
It is all going into a single rackmount unit enclosure 
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 2, 2017 at 11:30 PM Post #1,803 of 3,631
Feb 3, 2017 at 1:00 AM Post #1,804 of 3,631
Ok, ifi iEMatch helps deal with the volume issue with easy to drive earbuds.  The lower setting's -12 dB, and even if I find something even more sensitive the higher setting's -24dB.  I bought it in order to test with Supermini which is quite hiss prone with any sensitive iem I've tried, so glad it gives me a useful solution.

Feb 3, 2017 at 1:06 AM Post #1,805 of 3,631
I got my order in for one. The wait begins again ...

Feb 3, 2017 at 1:49 PM Post #1,813 of 3,631
  Today I order all the parts I need for a desktop only walnut.

Caps that are too big to ever fit inside the case
AC Transformer
RCA outs
Large volume knob

It's happening

oh this gotta be good, cant wait to see what you come up with!

Feb 3, 2017 at 5:47 PM Post #1,814 of 3,631
I am looking at the customer reviews on the official Taobao page and noticed that on a 1/22/2017 review, a customer mentioned the background noise/hiss issue and the creator has a solution so people can contact.

I could never get Taobao messaging client working, so could someone kindly ask the creator what the solution is for background noise/hiss?

Feb 3, 2017 at 6:01 PM Post #1,815 of 3,631
  I am looking at the customer reviews on the official Taobao page and noticed that on a 1/22/2017 review, a customer mentioned the background noise/hiss issue and the creator has a solution so people can contact.

I could never get Taobao messaging client working, so could someone kindly ask the creator what the solution is for background noise/hiss?

I actually like it, very analog sounding
bigsmile_face.gif
Clipped bits and dead black background sound unnatural to my old ears and nothing like getting knocked out of your easy listening chair when volume is at 88DB and a crescendo starts a track
eek.gif
Not unlike the eye of a tornado I like to hear that train a comin'
wink_face.gif
For $27 I want to leave this little jewel just like she is but to each their own and if you need to upgrade I sure think it's A-O-K
beerchug.gif
The lack of screen and shuffle also give the Walnut that vintage touch, reminds me of my first CMOY and Nomad having a baby
blink.gif
LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back