Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - :ok_hand: screenless budget killer combo DAP/Amp :ok_hand:
Jan 13, 2017 at 3:09 PM Post #1,322 of 3,631
So this damn little Walnut/Monk+ kit is so engaging/enjoyable I almost starting singling along to my tunes in the middle of a coffee shop, but I caught myself...I would have crawled under the table but that is how much I'm enjoying!
atsmile.gif

Great way to spend a working-Friday afternoon!

Jan 13, 2017 at 3:18 PM Post #1,323 of 3,631
I too noticed cklewis marked it as sold out. I think we officially exceeded the amount they could sell. Probably will stay that way until there's a new batch. Funny thing is i was debating getting a 3rd walnut yesterday when i noticed the ali link was dead.

Jan 13, 2017 at 3:28 PM Post #1,324 of 3,631
I too noticed cklewis marked it as sold out. I think we officially exceeded the amount they could sell. Probably will stay that way until there's a new batch. Funny thing is i was debating getting a 3rd walnut yesterday when i noticed the ali link was dead.

A 3rd, the first 2 must sound really good. Is it pointless to buy any other music player than the Walnut v2 now?

Jan 13, 2017 at 3:53 PM Post #1,325 of 3,631
  A 3rd, the first 2 must sound really good. Is it pointless to buy any other music player than the Walnut v2 now?

That is going to be a highly opinion based matter. I saw this because  there are a few things to take into consideration.

First, if you are the kind of person who can't enjoy anything with non-flat response graphs and just lives and dies for flat response everything, steer clear of the walnut.
But, if you like to judge good sound by your ears more than your eyes, then it's a good one.

If you need an amp it's a very good choice since the amp itself doesn't have the rolloff of either end and makes an ideal but slightly improved CMOY design.

If you want a screen, well this is not a good choice for that either... 

For those who vie for the simpler days of Walkmen or even pre-1GB MP3 players, this is pretty much as good as it gets.

Jan 13, 2017 at 4:43 PM Post #1,327 of 3,631
So you get about 20hrs per charge?

Anyone else can chime in?

not sure why nobody wants to chime in about their Walnut's battery life.

anyway, my observation, on my Walnut, don't go by the charging LED.

on the first two days of my Walnut ownership, I went by the charging LED and unplugged it when the LED turned green.  But the most battery life I got was about 12 hrs, and yesterday, I let it charge from a ipad charger for 3.5hrs (i think charging LED turned green around the 2hr mark), and i got 19 hours of battery life.

And after about 40 hrs of burn-in, I can still hear the background buzzing sound... hope it goes away with more burn-in

Jan 13, 2017 at 4:48 PM Post #1,328 of 3,631
  not sure why nobody wants to chime in about their Walnut's battery life.

anyway, my observation, on my Walnut, don't go by the charging LED.

on the first two days of my Walnut ownership, I went by the charging LED and unplugged it when the LED turned green.  But the most battery life I got was about 12 hrs, and yesterday, I let it charge from a ipad charger for 3.5hrs (i think charging LED turned green around the 2hr mark), and i got 19 hours of battery life.

And after about 40 hrs of burn-in, I can still hear the background buzzing sound... hope it goes away with more burn-in

I think the sound we are talking about going away with burn in is the occasional glitches and pops. If there is a slight static sound, that is there when paused too, is possible will always be heard with your headphones. For this, opamp swap can lower noise floor a bit and will change some other sonic characterics.

I am still getting nearly 2 full days  on both my walnuts, both left to charge several extra hours on the initial charge, i frequently leave them turned and running off battery power for a day and a half, sometimes i forget to shut it off when i go to sleep and it still is running in the morning.

Jan 13, 2017 at 5:22 PM Post #1,330 of 3,631
  I think the sound we are talking about going away with burn in is the occasional glitches and pops. If there is a slight static sound, that is there when paused too, is possible will always be heard with your headphones. For this, opamp swap can lower noise floor a bit and will change some other sonic characterics.

I am still getting nearly 2 full days  on both my walnuts, both left to charge several extra hours on the initial charge, i frequently leave them turned and running off battery power for a day and a half, sometimes i forget to shut it off when i go to sleep and it still is running in the morning.

yes it is a constant buzzing static sound that can still be heard when the music has been paused, and adjusting pot or digital volume does not affect this static noise.

to put it into perspective, it is louder than the infamous static noise from my Fiio E11.

so it is safe to leave it plugged in and let it burn-in through the weekend right?  volume is at 10 o clock position with max digital volume.

Jan 13, 2017 at 5:56 PM Post #1,331 of 3,631
I guess I don't worry about the use-time. I just charge on the weekends and listen maybe 12-15 hrs during the week, maybe more. I haven't ran out yet and without a battery indicator it's difficult for me to keep track of. Sorry that's not much help!

Jan 13, 2017 at 6:27 PM Post #1,332 of 3,631
  So this damn little Walnut/Monk+ kit is so engaging/enjoyable I almost starting singling along to my tunes in the middle of a coffee shop, but I caught myself...I would have crawled under the table but that is how much I'm enjoying!
atsmile.gif

Great way to spend a working-Friday afternoon!

Ah common...someone has to provide the free entertainment. 
beerchug.gif

Jan 13, 2017 at 7:21 PM Post #1,333 of 3,631
Jan 13, 2017 at 7:24 PM Post #1,334 of 3,631
I plan to use my quick charger. It may just need the extra omph. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back