Wait for Hifiman or get Ibasso+IRiver ???
Aug 24, 2009 at 12:58 PM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i'm very interested in the hifiman, but not this generation; i'll wait till they have ironed out the bugs and perhaps have rockbox support available

well~ wait till i got mine then u can test it out
wink.gif
may be you will decide what you should expect from it then~~ look forward to catch up one day
atsmile.gif

Aug 24, 2009 at 2:32 PM Post #17 of 23
I would also wait for the hifiman, possible till december or januari though so you have a few months to go but then at least you know their betatest is over. I dont really know if I like the fact htat they sort of betatest their products on the actual user. I myself am certainly interested in the hifiman because it is a one piece solution so with only one battery to charge versus the iriver and ibasso which is a two-piece system with two batteries. Also which i think is important is warranty. As far as I have read you can get the hifiman with 2 years of warranty and the d10 only with one. The iriver of course comes with no warranty whatsoever.
I dont really think you will be able to use rockbox on the hifiman or you, qusp or someone else on head-fi would have to port it yourself.
I would certainly LIKE rockbox on the hifiman because that would mean I can actually use the product which is now very much in dobut, although then it might not be able to play 24-bit anymore.
So in a nutshell, i would wait, maybe in the few months till now and december/january ibasso themselves will come with an mp3-player, who knows?
Greetings, Anouk,

Aug 24, 2009 at 2:41 PM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anouk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would also wait for the hifiman, possible till december or januari though so you have a few months to go but then at least you know their betatest is over. I dont really know if I like the fact htat they sort of betatest their products on the actual user. I myself am certainly interested in the hifiman because it is a one piece solution so with only one battery to charge versus the iriver and ibasso which is a two-piece system with two batteries. Also which i think is important is warranty. As far as I have read you can get the hifiman with 2 years of warranty and the d10 only with one. The iriver of course comes with no warranty whatsoever.
I dont really think you will be able to use rockbox on the hifiman or you, qusp or someone else on head-fi would have to port it yourself.
I would certainly LIKE rockbox on the hifiman because that would mean I can actually use the product which is now very much in dobut, although then it might not be able to play 24-bit anymore.
So in a nutshell, i would wait, maybe in the few months till now and december/january ibasso themselves will come with an mp3-player, who knows?
Greetings, Anouk,

Ye i wait..but i have problem that i dont have any player...ok i will see but thanx for answers....My priority is 24bit recordings....

Aug 24, 2009 at 3:07 PM Post #20 of 23
HIFIFMAN definitely worth to wait. For it is the first 3 in 1 portable audio gear. Iriver +D10 is too bulky.

If you can't wait, you can also have a look at AMP3, which is AMP/ DAP hybrid gear with superior sound quality.

Aug 24, 2009 at 3:16 PM Post #21 of 23
Wait for the HifiMAN.
Or simply get the iRiver now and sell it later when the HifiMAN can be bought.

Aug 25, 2009 at 3:09 AM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anouk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would also wait for the hifiman, possible till december or januari though so you have a few months to go but then at least you know their betatest is over. I dont really know if I like the fact htat they sort of betatest their products on the actual user.

really? i certainly hope not ~ from what i read the hardware part is done and tested and they told you what they have done to test out the battery life and the the output dB etc. consider its been over 3 month since 1st review by Jude,surely by now they should found over 80% of possible issues ?

they did mention about they would appreciate if user report to them any software issues etc ~ i wouldnt call that betatest on user as if thats the case then non of windows user has completed product
wink.gif
or be that Linux/Android/iTunes etc name any one you like
wink.gif

i think i can swallow this one and consider within warranty they probably will fix for you any way if there is any update or improvement internally (albeit not a complete different update of generation II~ u will have to buy it of course)

if its a simple AMP or DAC like those available on the market which does not have any software interaction with users ~ would you expect the same as HiFiMan from them ???
wink.gif

Aug 25, 2009 at 10:11 AM Post #23 of 23
I have only been told hthat Ibasso MIGHT come out with an mp3-player of their own, it was by no means certain though.
So testrichard, are you getting one? Please do let me know about the interface of the unit once you get it because that is crucial to me. I am blind and if the interface is either a scroll wheel or touchscreen then i dont have to bother save up or wait for the unit at all.
Greetings, Anouk,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back