Wadia Meet #3 - Saturday, May 13th!!
Apr 14, 2006 at 12:34 AM Post #31 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by jefemeister
cool. Make sure to bring your DIY players.

In the process of recasing my CD player, so it may or may not be available, or in its previous form. I already pulled the Dynahi out months ago, but it still serves as a regular CDP at this point. The connecting cables between the boxes have also been missing since I moved.

Either way, I'd say 50-50 shot, whichever box it's in at that point. The fun will come when I get to grind down the aluminum for the transport opening.

Apr 16, 2006 at 12:34 AM Post #32 of 62
Of course I'll have to show up to a SE MI meet. I haven't missed one since I found Head-Fi.

Apr 20, 2006 at 10:47 AM Post #33 of 62
Am I right in assuming there will be plenty of "sources" there so I won't have to drag my CD player along?

I will have a sample of the brand new Cardas Golden Presence interconnect with me if anyone is interested in checking it out
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Todd R

Apr 20, 2006 at 2:47 PM Post #34 of 62
Can someone bring a pair of 650s to be used with a balanced Zu Mobius?

I'll be glad to loan my balanced Zu to Wadia so you guys can try HD 650s directly from the Wadia (cable uses female XLRs). I'll also send a 1/4" to RCA adaptor so you can try standard cans off the back of the Wadia. [I've tried both, and IMO the balanced sounds very good.]

Apr 20, 2006 at 6:40 PM Post #35 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd R
Am I right in assuming there will be plenty of "sources" there so I won't have to drag my CD player along? ...

There should be a bunch of sources but more are always welcome. Bring your's if you can but don't sweat it if it's a pain.

edit: just saw you have the Cary. I'd love to hear it since I haven't had the pleasure yet. I know the Cary and the W302 are competetive players.

Apr 20, 2006 at 6:42 PM Post #36 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alwayswantmore
Can someone bring a pair of 650s to be used with a balanced Zu Mobius?

I'll be glad to loan my balanced Zu to Wadia so you guys can try HD 650s directly from the Wadia (cable uses female XLRs). I'll also send a 1/4" to RCA adaptor so you can try standard cans off the back of the Wadia. [I've tried both, and IMO the balanced sounds very good.]

Sweet! That's very generous of you. I have a pair of 650s with stock cabling that would love to play dress-up for the day. PM me to setup the shipping when we get closer to the date. Thanks!

Apr 20, 2006 at 10:41 PM Post #37 of 62
Quote:

There should be a bunch of sources but more are always welcome. Bring your's if you can but don't sweat it if it's a pain.

edit: just saw you have the Cary. I'd love to hear it since I haven't had the pleasure yet. I know the Cary and the W302 are competetive players.

Ok Jeff,
Just for you
icon10.gif

I'd be interested to hear the W302 against the Cary also. It might fend off (or encourage) my latest battle with upgradeitis.

I'll also bring my HD-650's, K-701's if I keep them (still breaking in) various Cardas cables, RSA HR-2 amp.

I can bring a bunch of TR Audio goodies to sell too if that's ok with you?
Todd R

Apr 23, 2006 at 10:14 PM Post #38 of 62
GAH I will be back in town a mere week before this meet! Sadly I must return to my new home in NY before this meet takes place. I was really hoping to get another chance to blast some Dimmu Borgir in the Wadia listening room
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 25, 2006 at 5:35 PM Post #39 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd R
...I can bring a bunch of TR Audio goodies to sell too if that's ok with you?
Todd R

Fine by me.

Apr 26, 2006 at 10:12 PM Post #40 of 62
Although I'm a very infrequent poster, I'd love to come and try out some more gear. I'll be able to bring a Millett Hybrid with diamond buffers, DT880s, SR-80s, and possibly a PGA2310/LH0033 amp if I have it ready in time.

Apr 27, 2006 at 2:00 AM Post #41 of 62
Unfortunately, I don't think I will be able to make it. The voltage regulator on my Supra died and I had to send it back for repair. I won't have it time for the meet.

Apr 28, 2006 at 3:28 PM Post #42 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by kmcdonou
Unfortunately, I don't think I will be able to make it. The voltage regulator on my Supra died and I had to send it back for repair. I won't have it time for the meet.

Is this a voltage regulator in your car or is a Supra a piece of gear? If it's the former than I understand, if it's the later...who cares? We still want to see you.

Apr 29, 2006 at 12:02 AM Post #43 of 62
ah...DAQ#@$#@% missed another one!
gotta go on biz trip for 2 weeks.

!@$#!@#!#@ and I missed the NYC meeting cuz another trade show

man...why can't these meet run according to my schedule
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 29, 2006 at 12:09 AM Post #44 of 62
Quote:

Is this a voltage regulator in your car or is a Supra a piece of gear? If it's the former than I understand, if it's the later...who cares? We still want to see you.

I think he is refering to his amp.
biggrin.gif

Apr 30, 2006 at 7:15 AM Post #45 of 62
Guys, I can't come, but do be sure to listen to the Wadia 302 and comment on it a lot. Also, check to see if the Wadia 302 that you listen to has the optional 24bit/96kHz Digital Inputs and get some people over at Wadia to comment about that board. I am counting on you guys for a purchasing decision that's 99.999% certain. Head-Fi impressions and reviews tend to be very important to me. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back