Wadia Meet #3 - Saturday, May 13th!!
Mar 30, 2006 at 6:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 62

jefemeister

Headphoneus Supremus
Wadia would like to host another meet this spring. This will be their third meet and their first as a Head-Fi sponsor! The date is set for Saturday May 13th from 10am to 5pm. Wadia is located at 1556 Woodland Drive, Saline, MI 48176 if you want to map it. It's right next to Ann Arbor in SE Michigan.

Wadia will have a couple cool new things to show. The new Series 9 Decoding Computer has been in production for awhile now. Some of you will remember being the first people to listen to this product in prototype form back in 2003. The new 581 CD/SACD Player should be available as well. Production of this unit is just starting up now. Again, be among the very first to hear it! As always, there will be a surprise or two in addition to a complete line-up of all previous Wadia models back to the late 80s. There will be a factory tour for those who are interested.

The folks at Wadia and I are looking forward to seeing all of our Head-Fi friends once again. There are no practical limits on attendance; everyone is welcome.

edit: set the date

Mar 30, 2006 at 10:59 PM Post #2 of 62
Wow, this is going to be great. The only meet I've attended was the last one at Wadia.

I can do any weekend, but April 29 will work well.

I will bring the stuff listed in my sig below.

Mar 30, 2006 at 11:56 PM Post #3 of 62
Great to see Wadia back in action! Any chance they'll be at the international NY meet?

Mar 31, 2006 at 2:54 AM Post #4 of 62
I'd love to catch this meet -- April 29th, May 13th, and May 27th work for me personally.

Apr 3, 2006 at 4:20 PM Post #6 of 62
Hi. The Wadia 830 got good marks from those who heard it at the Nashville meet (balanced and with NO headamp!). Here's the link.

Apr 3, 2006 at 4:55 PM Post #7 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by JzzMaTzz
Great to see Wadia back in action! Any chance they'll be at the international NY meet?

There won't be any Wadia representative there. I haven't talked to them, but I assume Headroom will have their 861se. I'll call Wadia today and see if we might be able to arrange something. No promises though as they do not actively stock product.

Apr 3, 2006 at 4:56 PM Post #8 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by strohmie
I'd love to catch this meet -- April 29th, May 13th, and May 27th work for me personally.

cool. Make sure to bring your DIY players.

Apr 3, 2006 at 5:16 PM Post #9 of 62
OOH!! A Wadia meet!!

I'm pretty sure that I can make pretty much any Saturday in May. Thanks Jeff!!

Apr 3, 2006 at 5:30 PM Post #10 of 62
I'd love to go to another Wadia meet... my stuff is easier to lug around now too.
smily_headphones1.gif

I especially look forward to hearing the new decoding computer. May would be better for me, and later on would probably be preferred.

Apr 3, 2006 at 7:50 PM Post #12 of 62
Sounds like fun!

Apr 5, 2006 at 5:18 AM Post #14 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by tkam
Hmm this could be a fun meet to attend I'll have to see how long the drive is.

About 5 1/2 from dahntahn Pittsburgh.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 5, 2006 at 2:08 PM Post #15 of 62
OK, I've set a date and updated the first post. We're going to have this on Saturday May 13th. I'll have to work with the Wadia folks to get a timeframe but I figure we'll be there basically all day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back