Wadia 170 iTransport owners club
Sep 12, 2009 at 3:24 AM Post #301 of 330
Quote:

Originally Posted by Golden Ears /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am not sure how welcome this will be on this board...but it is in the interest of getting the best sound. I now have a full WAV files-->6th gen 160 gig ipod--->Wadia 170i --->using monster cable digital coaxial cable going into a apogee mini DAC-->into a retubed Audio research VT 100 Mark 2--->into MIT speaker cable---> into ProAC response 1SC monitors on Target MR 24 inch stands filled with 100lbs each of Lead shot.

Now if I go Apple Lossless--- macbook pro 17"--->wireless airtunes to airport express----> 3.5 toslink adapter----Wireworld Supra 5 optical cable 5 meter cable---apogee mini DAC ---audio research VT 100 mark 2 etc...

well frankly the optical wireless connection stomps the living crap out of the Wadia Dock.. (and I LOVE WADIA..and am currently looking for a 860x player..)
am I doing anything wrong?........

I've never had a Monster cable that sounded good. Bass guitar/amp, coax, and optical are ones I remember having that sounded bad. So it comes to mind as a possible problem with your i170 setup. I'm using reasonably priced coax from Bluejeancables and it has no problems.

Sep 13, 2009 at 2:20 AM Post #302 of 330
For those interested, the new Touch 3G works fine on the iTransport.
regular_smile .gif

Oct 7, 2009 at 8:02 PM Post #303 of 330
Hello- I'm really confused from reading all the previous posts,what can I do to get the best SQ out of my Wadia 170i? I'm using the 170i,Apple WAV files,Ipod Classic 160gb,Signal Cable Coax to my Benchmark Dac. My Oppo DVD player playing CD's through the Benchmark still sounds better than the Wadia 170i.

I'm thinking about buying a Monarchy Dip or is that a waste? since my Benchmark Dac is immune to jitter?

Thanks,
Robert

Oct 7, 2009 at 8:06 PM Post #304 of 330
Arrg that's not good. My MSB modded I-pod into my msb DAC VIA balanced Coax allowed me to sell my high end CD players.

Now I move the MSB from room to room. Not the DAC that weights 30lbs

If I recall I needed to select error correction when burning for the recommended best sound. Give that a try

Oct 9, 2009 at 9:18 AM Post #305 of 330
Is there an online EU shop that sells the 170 iTransport?
Thanks

Oct 9, 2009 at 2:41 PM Post #306 of 330
Quote:

Originally Posted by rosgr63 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there an online EU shop that sells the 170 iTransport?

You can buy it from Amazon.de (marketplace). The Dealer, Musikus HiFi, will ship it to Greece too. Or maybe Rö-Hifi Shop. You can pay via PayPal and the shipping costs to Greece are 15,90 EUR.

Oct 9, 2009 at 5:49 PM Post #307 of 330
Thanks a lot Stefan.
I've also seen the new Onkyo ND-S1 which is 58% cheaper, and on paper has better specs.
I am waiting for Vinnie of RWA to check it out first.

Dec 16, 2009 at 3:47 AM Post #312 of 330
Quote:

Originally Posted by robster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've tried using a portable battery supply,I did not notice any difference in sonics playing through my stereo system speakers.

My stock AC Power adapter died and I am using an external power supply without any problems in the meantime.

Both of my portable made in China sealed lead batteries (Vision CP 12120 12V 12AH/CP 1270 12V 7.0 AH) from Center Power Tech Co.LTD work quite well.

Does your portable battery supply make a difference when using headphones, I am wondering. Depending on your set-up, I am not sure that you would hear a difference through loudspeakers.

I do hear a somewhat quieter and blacker background on my headphone set-up compared to the the AC power adapter:

Wadia 170i > DAC Magic DAC > RSA HR-2 > Senn HD600

By the way, the customer service at Wadia is some of the best I've encountered throughout all of my audiophile years.

Dec 16, 2009 at 6:45 AM Post #313 of 330
Quote:

Originally Posted by vo_obgyn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...By the way, the customer service at Wadia is some of the best I've encountered throughout all of my audiophile years.

Really? Not my experience -- I found them extremely unhelpful with regards to a serious grounding issue concerning a Wadia 170i to Wadia DAC (in their CDP) connection -- I had to push and threaten the customer service guy in email to get them to pay real attention.

I was very disappointed.

Dec 16, 2009 at 2:07 PM Post #314 of 330
Dec 17, 2009 at 5:28 AM Post #315 of 330
Quote:

Originally Posted by wavoman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really? Not my experience -- I found them extremely unhelpful with regards to a serious grounding issue concerning a Wadia 170i to Wadia DAC (in their CDP) connection -- I had to push and threaten the customer service guy in email to get them to pay real attention.

I was very disappointed.

Hi Wavoman,

Wadia said that they were sending me a replacement power supply for my 170i and they were very good about doing that.

I will give the Head-Fi Forum followers a follow-up after I receive the power supply and share my experience with those who are interested.
regular_smile .gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back