WA6SE on order!!
Feb 17, 2009 at 8:20 PM Post #17 of 28
After much debate on the cost/benefit ratio I've decided to add the upgraded parts package to my order as well. I figure that way I won't have to send it back down the road and I'll know I have the "last word" when it comes to this particular model.

I also made the decision because I recently unloaded some gear that allowed me to order a Cambridge 840C CD player as well. I figured that is a good enough source to justify expense down the playback chain.

Feb 17, 2009 at 9:08 PM Post #18 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by indydieselnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After much debate on the cost/benefit ratio I've decided to add the upgraded parts package to my order as well. I figure that way I won't have to send it back down the road and I'll know I have the "last word" when it comes to this particular model.

I also made the decision because I recently unloaded some gear that allowed me to order a Cambridge 840C CD player as well. I figured that is a good enough source to justify expense down the playback chain.

That's one VERY nice system that you'll have, in my opinion. WA6SE and the Cambridge Audio 840C are both on my wish list. It was either the 840c or the Simaudio Moon CD-1, but the CD-1 doesn't have the DAC-only ability.

I look forward to your impressions on both!

Feb 17, 2009 at 9:34 PM Post #19 of 28
I hate you!!!
Thats a nice amp.
Good Luck with it, you show-off!!!

Just for that, you have to do a review on it from opening the box, to burn-in, tube rolling, etc.

Its on!
biggrin.gif

Feb 17, 2009 at 10:14 PM Post #20 of 28
Drag0n - I have my camera ready and I can't wait to do a write-up on my newly assembled system. It'll have to wait until Mid-March though...Woo's busy!!

I'm thinking about doing a series review like I've read here...0 hours, 100 hours, 200 hours...etc. I really can't wait to see how it opens up.

BTW - I love that link in your signature to the comedy thread...that's hilarious!

And no showin' off here...just a music-lover that likes to be able to hear it
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 20, 2009 at 1:12 AM Post #21 of 28
Is youre baby home yet?
eek.gif

I wanna see!!!!

Feb 20, 2009 at 10:45 AM Post #22 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is youre baby home yet?
eek.gif

I wanna see!!!!

I'm expecting it the second week of March...it seems like Jack has a bunch of orders!!

Don't worry, I'll put it up there as soon as it's here. Have you seen the thread "WA6SE in the house"? Someone else just got theirs and took great pictures
regular_smile .gif

Feb 20, 2009 at 6:43 PM Post #23 of 28
I will expect perfect internal pictures of every angle, blue prints in PDF downloadable, outside pictures of every angle, specifications/voltages and amps,imp, of every componant,....lol
biggrin.gif

Feb 20, 2009 at 7:27 PM Post #25 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by indydieselnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm dreaming of a darkened room, "Et incarnatus est" from Mozart's Great Mass, the GS1000's, and the glowing Sophia tube...sounds like heaven!

A Mozart mass. I have got to hear your impressions on this amp when you get it and burn it in with Wolfie's music.

Feb 20, 2009 at 10:23 PM Post #26 of 28
I'll try not to disappoint! I'm not typically the type of guy to take my gear apart...but I figure I have to see if they ACTUALLY put the BlackGates in there
tongue_smile.gif

This morning I put the first 8 discs of Marie Claire-Alain's 17-disc set of J.S. Bach's complete organ works (Erato) in iTunes (ALAC). I'm really geeking about the GS1000's with the organ music...the spatial presentation is amazing.

Feb 21, 2009 at 2:27 AM Post #27 of 28
Congrats on your purchase. I ordered a black WA6-SE with the Sophia late last month and am expecting to see a shipping notice in the next week or so. I was also able to buy a second-hand 840C and am hoping it mates well with the Woo.

I've been forced to listen to music through the integrated sound on my laptop for the last month or so. I can't wait until my Woo arrives, as my music has been deprived of high fidelity playback for too long
triportsad.gif

Feb 24, 2009 at 10:10 PM Post #28 of 28
I just send an email to inquiry about one with a pre-amp output. I just listened to one Saturday in Charlotte and I was so impressed with the HD650 that I had to get one. I should have bought the one Jack had since he tried to convince me to get it. Would have save me the shipping charges and the wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back