WA 2 volume knob position with T1
May 23, 2012 at 4:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

DoReMi

New Head-Fier
Just curious to find out what everybody else is doing in this respect. I usually tend to position my volume between 9 and 10 depending on the song and recording quality. I understand that a good headphone should sound good at low volume but in my experience I find myself turning the volume up to 10 in order to get a satisfactory bass response from the T1, and that to my ears seems pretty loud. Am I deaf or is anybody else experiencing the same? 
And also does anybody know how many decibels we are getting out of the WA 2  around that setup ?
Sorry for my bad english. ( Working on it though ;.) )

May 23, 2012 at 5:09 PM Post #2 of 3
What's the RCA/XLR ouptut (vrms) on your source?  You will have more or less control with the pot on your amp depending on how much your source outputs.  In other words, other people having their dial higher or lower (even with the same headphones) doesn't indicate how much louder or softer they are listening.

Edit - I see its the HDP.  I assume its low output which results in you turning up the amp more.

May 23, 2012 at 5:16 PM Post #3 of 3
Mmhh sounds correct and my wallet just walked out the door..thanks for this piece of info I thought that would be the case but now is confirmed :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back