W3000anv - guess I won't be selling these...
Oct 2, 2012 at 7:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

tropicana

100+ Head-Fier
Here's how my W3000anv looks like after much bending...

I realised bit by bit over time didn't work for me.
I have a relatively small head.

It fits correctly now.  Am getting a good seal every time I put them on.
Sounds airier and bass is more present.

Oct 2, 2012 at 8:08 AM Post #2 of 14
Admittingly, what ultimately matters is how they fit on your head and how much enjoyment you are getting listening to them.. but wow... the look... 
redface.gif

Then again, I shouldn't talk... I'm the one that cut off the bumps off the headband in K701... 
ph34r.gif

Anyways, it's great that you've found the solution to make them fit!

Oct 2, 2012 at 10:39 AM Post #3 of 14
Anyway what happened to the other W3000ANV thread, it seems that it got locked. For me the fit is mostly the same as the W5000, you have to tilt the headphone a little bit forward till you find a position where it perfectly "locks in". No bending neccessary and i have a small head. You just cant wear them straight up, that won't work. The L3000 i had came with these wearing instructions. I'm not super impressed with these yet, they're pretty average for a limited AT headphone, not enough coloration for my taste :D These sound alot more like the W5000 than the L3000, especially in bass. Wish i still had both, i enjoyed the W5000 on vocals and for soundstage depth and the L3000 was great for average sounding Pop/Rock. Those 2 had more "magic" in their mids and vocal presentation. The W3000ANV tries to take a balanced approach (for an AT...)

Oct 2, 2012 at 1:58 PM Post #5 of 14
I would say my W5000 sounds like my IERM, while the W3000 has much much much better bass than the W5000. 

Also, as a W3k owner, it hurts to look at those headphones T.T

Oct 2, 2012 at 2:59 PM Post #7 of 14
I have some fit problems too but I guess I'd never do something like that.

Oct 4, 2012 at 3:30 PM Post #11 of 14
Quote:
Anyway what happened to the other W3000ANV thread, it seems that it got locked. For me the fit is mostly the same as the W5000, you have to tilt the headphone a little bit forward till you find a position where it perfectly "locks in". No bending neccessary and i have a small head. You just cant wear them straight up, that won't work. The L3000 i had came with these wearing instructions. I'm not super impressed with these yet, they're pretty average for a limited AT headphone, not enough coloration for my taste :D These sound alot more like the W5000 than the L3000, especially in bass. Wish i still had both, i enjoyed the W5000 on vocals and for soundstage depth and the L3000 was great for average sounding Pop/Rock. Those 2 had more "magic" in their mids and vocal presentation. The W3000ANV tries to take a balanced approach (for an AT...)

It was closed because  someone on the West Coast was abusing Googlei

Oct 4, 2012 at 9:06 PM Post #12 of 14
Oct 11, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #13 of 14
Oh man, that's some serious abuse. :frowning2:
How do they sound now? If you press the cups against your ears, does the sound change significantly?
If yes, you're probably still not getting an optimal seal with them.

Dec 23, 2012 at 9:38 PM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Bizkid, awesome tip.
Funny, I have discovered that myself playing with W5000 recently, thought my head shape is just not well suited for normal wear.
L3000.gif

BTW, my W5000 headband is bent but it's almost perfect oval/round shape. Poor W3000ANV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back